Macan 2014-Current

Macan - Colors/Options may not be available at market launch

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
In marketing brochure that was just released, says 10/2014 at the earliest.
cool not planning delivery until 5/2015 anyway...
Old 04-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Capital Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MAJOR update today:
Starting with Calendar Week 36 production (approx. first week of Sept==October delivery):

Individual Options:
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB) (PB2)
 19-inch collapsible spare wheel (only in conjunction with I-option PCCB ) (1G4)
 ParkAssist front and rear with reversing camera and Surround View (7X8) (CW 45/2014)

New available exterior colors:
Sapphire Blue Metallic
 Impulse Red Metallic (special color)

New available interior colors:
 Agate grey
 Leather package Luxor Beige
 Two-tone leather package in Black/Saddle Brown, Black/Garnet Red
 Two-tone leather interior in Saddle Brown/Luxor Beige, Agate Grey/Pebble Grey
Old 04-14-2014, 07:34 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

very cool ... funny how I thought about those options today!

now all I have to do is get my X5 stolen ...
Old 04-14-2014, 10:55 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks Michael. I thought agate grey has been available all along. But am glad to see some 2-tone finishes available in the "package" rather than just the "interior" leather; and very glad to see confirmation that agate/pebble will be available as shown in brochure. And I'm especially glad to see these being available for early Sept builds!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Thanks Michael. I thought agate grey has been available all along. But am glad to see some 2-tone finishes available in the "package" rather than just the "interior" leather; and very glad to see confirmation that agate/pebble will be available as shown in brochure.
Agate/Pebble will be a great combination...
Old 04-14-2014, 11:00 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Agate/Pebble will be a great combination...
I agree, but kind of wish there was more black on seatbacks etc. like the black/garnet combo.
Old 04-14-2014, 11:05 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I agree, but kind of wish there was more black on seatbacks etc. like the black/garnet combo.
Yeah there is a LOT of pebble! I'd go with the garnet, but I dont think it goes with Sapphire Blue metallic exterior!

nice to see the PCCB options appear!
Old 04-15-2014, 12:49 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Capital Porsche
We just received some Macan color samples from Porsche yesterday. I took some pics of Palladium alongside other well-known P colors for comparison. Wanted to take them in different light, including direct sunlight, indirect sunlight, cloudlight, shadow... Hope this helps!

Here's a collage of about 15 pics of Palladium Metallic. You can see the incredible variety of colors based on the angle and lighting. All pictures were taken with my Nikon D5100, set to Standard exposure (not Vivid/Landscape), with manual aperture and shutter based on lighting.

Common P colors, with sun in front (top) and behind (bottom).

Different degrees of sunlight (note the shadows). Use Guards Red as a reference; I feel the third palette is most accurate.
Don't suppose you have Jet black metallic next to black?
Old 04-15-2014, 01:02 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Originally Posted by Buckfever
Don't suppose you have Jet black metallic next to black?
Suggest you drop by a Porsche dealer, if possible, and see the colors in real life for better comparison.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:29 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Suggest you drop by a Porsche dealer, if possible, and see the colors in real life for better comparison.
I will I'm waiting for the launch event, it's a bit of a drive.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:09 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Makes sense. I believe jet black metallic is just black with some metallic for more punch in sunlight. I figure if I got a black car, it would be non-metallic. They both require more work to keep looking nice compared to lighter colored cars, but pure black is easier than metallic to touch up if necessary.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:05 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Makes sense. I believe jet black metallic is just black with some metallic for more punch in sunlight. I figure if I got a black car, it would be non-metallic. They both require more work to keep looking nice compared to lighter colored cars, but pure black is easier than metallic to touch up if necessary.
I've read that there is a blueish tint to the jet black metallic under certain lighting. I was leaning Agate for a while but I'm back to leaning towards the metallic black. At least it's down to 2.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Off today out and about so I made the drive over. I compared the Black and Metallic black under different lighting, both indoors and out and for me I preferred the Black over the Metallic. But in both cases looking at the colors after the film of a recent rain, you have to really love Black IMO to go with that color. Really impressed with Agate. Liked the dark blue but it wasn't dark enough for me.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:37 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Originally Posted by Buckfever
Off today out and about so I made the drive over. I compared the Black and Metallic black under different lighting, both indoors and out and for me I preferred the Black over the Metallic. But in both cases looking at the colors after the film of a recent rain, you have to really love Black IMO to go with that color. Really impressed with Agate. Liked the dark blue but it wasn't dark enough for me.
Right now, agate is my preferred color. Love black but hate maintaining it in a dirty climate.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Right now, agate is my preferred color. Love black but hate maintaining it in a dirty climate.
Leaning that way too. Very elegant color. The thing I liked the most is that unlike the Black which looks great clean, the Agate really shows off the quality of the finish which is not so much the case with the Black. The Porsche paint is amazing!!! Secondly at least up close the Agate seems to enhance the lines really accentuating the design features.

The final thing I noticed is the Black really works well on the Cayenne which on a larger vehicle really tidy's it up. On the Cayenne for me no question regular Black, blacked out exterior. Where as on the smaller vehicles the Agate seemed to open them up a little.

It's interesting because I wasn't even thinking about colors I was just going to get black and be done with it. But then when you do start to look at it, the subtleties are so much about individual preference. Interesting to explore.

I really need to see the Black and Agate on a Macan in person. It won't take me a minute to decide. They're saying late May for the launch event.

Quick Reply: Macan - Colors/Options may not be available at market launch