Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan - Colors/Options may not be available at market launch

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2014, 11:11 AM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 148 Posts

New brochure available on the Porsche website. Lots more information on the options available, both now and in the future. Includes the new exterior and interior colors.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:02 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Nothing new in the configurator yet.
Old 04-24-2014, 12:52 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wwilliams88
New brochure available on the Porsche website. Lots more information on the options available, both now and in the future. Includes the new exterior and interior colors.
Thanks for the heads up looks like they're bringing a standard Agate interior after 10/14. I think all I got left is the wheels. On a car I haven't seen yet. LOL
Old 04-24-2014, 01:08 PM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 148 Posts

Surround view sounds like an interesting option. Nope, nothing in the configurator yet. But here is a link to the brochure.

http://files2.porsche.com/filestore....3-001a64c55f5c

Surround View (1)
With Surround View, four cameras
located in the front end, exterior
mirrors, and rear generate an all around
image of the car and its
immediate surroundings. In PCM, the
driver can choose between a bird’s eye
view, side view, and corner view.
Optional for both Macan models.

(1) Available from10/2014 at the earliest.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:13 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Suggest you drop by a Porsche dealer, if possible, and see the colors in real life for better comparison.

So once again having given it sometime I went back to the dealer to further parse the exterior color. And once again I compared the Black and metallic black. This time what I did was examine the colors from a distance and up close indoors and outdoors.

What throws me off is that from a distance the plain black has more of the wow effect and up close the plain black has a deeper black color. However I much prefer the richness of the metallic paint. I also found that the plain black had more of an observable orange peel effect.

I was talking to a buddy of mine who has a black cayenne and he put it to me this way if you love that deep washed and waxed WOW factor then you get the plain black. Garaged kept washed and waxed weekly he's well pleased.

As for myself if I get black I'll go with the metallic. I know that I won't meet the necessary upkeep, but more so I actually greatly prefer the richness of the metallic paint.

I'm probably going with the Agate, which is the other thing I want to say. We look at the pictures and think we have an idea but the fact is the color winds up picking you. I've always been a black exterior color guy and every time I see the Agate it pulls me in. keninirvine suggested it to me it and it was great advice. A couple of times live and it becomes obvious.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:42 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Buckfever
So once again having given it sometime I went back to the dealer to further parse the exterior color. And once again I compared the Black and metallic black. This time what I did was examine the colors from a distance and up close indoors and outdoors.

What throws me off is that from a distance the plain black has more of the wow effect and up close the plain black has a deeper black color. However I much prefer the richness of the metallic paint. I also found that the plain black had more of an observable orange peel effect.

I was talking to a buddy of mine who has a black cayenne and he put it to me this way if you love that deep washed and waxed WOW factor then you get the plain black. Garaged kept washed and waxed weekly he's well pleased.

As for myself if I get black I'll go with the metallic. I know that I won't meet the necessary upkeep, but more so I actually greatly prefer the richness of the metallic paint.

I'm probably going with the Agate, which is the other thing I want to say. We look at the pictures and think we have an idea but the fact is the color winds up picking you. I've always been a black exterior color guy and every time I see the Agate it pulls me in. keninirvine suggested it to me it and it was great advice. A couple of times live and it becomes obvious.
In my opinion, the Metallic Black always looks cloudy and never looks clean. My current (soon to be gone) Cayenne S and my former Boxster S were black and will never go that way again. When I was ordering my Macan, was set on gray, but the Agate turns brown in the sun. Wish they would bring the old Space Gray back. Then wanted silver, but the silver for the Macan is ice blue in the sun.

At the end of the day, I chose Palladium. Might be the only person on earth that has one of those :-)
Old 05-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Originally Posted by Rolltide86
In my opinion, the Metallic Black always looks cloudy and never looks clean. My current (soon to be gone) Cayenne S and my former Boxster S were black and will never go that way again. When I was ordering my Macan, was set on gray, but the Agate turns brown in the sun. Wish they would bring the old Space Gray back. Then wanted silver, but the silver for the Macan is ice blue in the sun.

At the end of the day, I chose Palladium. Might be the only person on earth that has one of those :-)
My wife has Orion Silver on her 4 series and loves it.

She very much welcomes that she's not likely to run into one of that color.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Thanks for that. The Macan is for my wife to replace her Cayenne. When I had hesitation around the color, she said she liked it and wanted a unique color. Great that your wife is happy with her car, hopefully it works out the same way for me.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:40 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are correct in your assumptions and so is your friend.

The issue with agate grey and metallic black is that they both look different in every type of light, including in sunlight based on different angles of sun, time of year, etc.

When I was shopping my 991, I paid extra and went with GT Silver even though I liked Agate but it looked brownish certain times in bright sunlight to my eyes.

Also Metallic black takes on purple and blue hues in evening / artificial lighting.

I think with either of those colors it is important to really like the color so as not be disappointed when it looks different to your eyes than expected.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:42 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

My wife has Orion Silver on her 4 series and loves it.

She very much welcomes that she's not likely to run into one of that color.
Think I may have finally found a picture of the Palladium? A month away from seeing it in person, but keep looking for pics
Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2014, 09:04 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Originally Posted by Rolltide86
Think I may have finally found a picture of the Palladium? A month away from seeing it in person, but keep looking for pics
Looks like the lower rear bumper is painted on that S. I don't think that's an option here?

Quick Reply: Macan - Colors/Options may not be available at market launch