Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Sapphire Blue ???
Old 02-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pmt
What, if anything, is special about the launch vehicles? Are they loaded with anything extra to mark the Macan launch? If not, then why are they called launch vehicles?
Launch vehicles are largely spec'd the same, and delivered for dealer stock rather than custom orders. Usually all the same configurations except delivered in a couple different colors. "Launch Vehicle" is actually designated on the window sheet. These cars are the first to be delivered to dealers.
I suppose the Launch designation shows it was one of the first vehicles available. My dealer would normally use his two as demonstrator vehicles, but he has sold his entire allocation, so I'm guessing he may go ahead and sell these as well.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:09 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,870 Likes on 968 Posts

Originally Posted by Capital Porsche
We just received some Macan color samples from Porsche yesterday. I took some pics of Palladium alongside other well-known P colors for comparison. Wanted to take them in different light, including direct sunlight, indirect sunlight, cloudlight, shadow... Hope this helps!

Here's a collage of about 15 pics of Palladium Metallic. You can see the incredible variety of colors based on the angle and lighting. All pictures were taken with my Nikon D5100, set to Standard exposure (not Vivid/Landscape), with manual aperture and shutter based on lighting.

Common P colors, with sun in front (top) and behind (bottom).

Different degrees of sunlight (note the shadows). Use Guards Red as a reference; I feel the third palette is most accurate.
That's the bluest shot of Rhodium yet. Don't suppose I could get you to throw GT Silver in that lineup?
Old 02-06-2014, 03:11 PM
tripleblack
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1. Very helpful pics thanks.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Capital Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by pmt
What, if anything, is special about the launch vehicles? Are they loaded with anything extra to mark the Macan launch? If not, then why are they called launch vehicles?
Typically a Launch Vehicle is a pre-configured vehicle by Porsche. The last few times (991 and both 981s) they asked us which "level" (how loaded) we wanted them, with three ranges to choose from. However, for the Macan, they allowed us 100% custom configuration for the Launch vehicles! Obviously, that didn't exactly work out... but still, my Launch cars are exactly as I had specified them (except for the rails).
Old 02-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Capital Porsche
Former Vendor

I'll try to get some more paint samples together on the next sunny day, might be Saturday.
Happy to help!
Old 02-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Capital Porsche
Former Vendor

I previously took pics of a client's Sapphire Blue Boxster (triple-blue order!). He posted them to Planet 9:

Top left is Aqua Blue, Top Right is Dark Blue Metallic and at the bottom the trunk edge of my Boxster in Sapphire Blue. Top picture is with flash and the bottom is without.

Direct pic 1

Direct pic 2
Old 02-06-2014, 07:54 PM
fastm3
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks so much guys. It looks like the palladium is way too beige/gold for my taste. I guess it's back to Agate Grey, or maybe even the dark blue, which are both a bit too dark. I was hoping for something lighter so it'd look cleaner, longer!
Old 02-06-2014, 09:33 PM
SeaPors
Advanced

Originally Posted by fastm3
It looks like the palladium is way too beige/gold for my taste. I guess it's back to Agate Grey, ...
+1 for me too. Porsche's version of Palladium is too gold for me to consider so Agate it is.

If GT Silver was available for the Macan it would definitely be a consideration and the now old Platinum would also be a contender. However, Agate has proven to look great on all Porsches I have seen in person so for me that is the way to go.

Many thanks to Michael and Capital Porsche for the great work in assembling the details and illustrations. Extremely helpful.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:26 AM
sebis
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you Michael, any more news or rumors on the Sapphire Blue availability?
Old 02-07-2014, 05:57 AM
kewin92
Intermediate

Capital Porsche DO you have pictures of Aurum metallic ??? PLEASE!!!!!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:06 AM
Capital Porsche
Former Vendor

No word on Sapphire Blue. Thanks for the complements everyone! I love photography, so it's actually fun to try to replicate a color accurately.

Aurum samples are not available at this time. It was a small samples box, only included 1 new color (Palladium) and 4 old repeat colors (but "new" for Macan).

FYI, my Product Manager did feel that there would be the potential for a PTS color for Macan, as they've just built (or are building?) their new paint shop in Leipzig. But this would be an unknown time from now (months? ...years?)
Old 02-07-2014, 01:16 PM
Macduff
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaPors
+1 for me too. Porsche's version of Palladium is too gold for me to consider so Agate it is.

If GT Silver was available for the Macan it would definitely be a consideration and the now old Platinum would also be a contender. However, Agate has proven to look great on all Porsches I have seen in person so for me that is the way to go.

Many thanks to Michael and Capital Porsche for the great work in assembling the details and illustrations. Extremely helpful.
GT Silver would look amazing on the Macan!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:05 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,609 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Capital Porsche
No word on Sapphire Blue. Thanks for the complements everyone! I love photography, so it's actually fun to try to replicate a color accurately.

Aurum samples are not available at this time. It was a small samples box, only included 1 new color (Palladium) and 4 old repeat colors (but "new" for Macan).

FYI, my Product Manager did feel that there would be the potential for a PTS color for Macan, as they've just built (or are building?) their new paint shop in Leipzig. But this would be an unknown time from now (months? ...years?)
it will be STUNNING when it arrives ... esp with PCCB!
Old 02-08-2014, 03:47 AM
kewin92
Intermediate

[IMG] хостинг картинок бесплатный[/IMG]

Aurum

Quick Reply: Macan - Colors/Options may not be available at market launch