Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[IMG] залить картинку[/IMG]
Old 02-17-2014, 11:38 PM
FINN987
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sebis
any more news or rumors on the Sapphire Blue availability?
The hardcover model book (WSLA1501000223 EN/US - 10/2013 Edition) reads "Sapphire Blue Metallic available from 10/2014."

Kinda ***-backwards that the Porsche microsite features a Sapphire Blue car on the landing page.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Capital Porsche
Former Vendor

An unfortunate post today, regarding availability of certain options. Please read the full text, as it should clarify how this may affect your order. Typically, "Allocation Month" would relate to a "Dealer ETA/customer delivery" approx 1 month later (so a May allocation would typically relate to a June delivery... typically):

Macan (MY 2015)
Option: VO
Description: Leather in Bi-Color: Black / Garnet Red
Status: From allocation month March onwards, up to 4 weeks delayed in relation to the allocation month.
Please note that the expected dates do not reflect any delays yet.
We expect to reschedule orders by the end of February 2014 so that delays will be considered in the expected dates from March 3rd onwards.

Option: 3FU
Description: Panorama roof system
Status: From allocation month April onwards, we are expecting delays up to 6 weeks in relation to the allocation month. We therefore suggest checking your orders and, if possible, delete this option by February 26th to avoid the delays caused by this option.
Please note that the current expected dates in PVMS do not reflect any delays yet.
We expect to reschedule orders by the end of February 2014 so that delays will be considered in the expected dates from March 3rd onwards.
NOTE: 3FU is included in PJ3 (Premium Package Plus) and will experience the same delays.

Option: QJ4
Description: Side window trims in Black (high-gloss)
Status: Due to shortages at suppliers we are expecting delays in the production of relevant vehicles from the beginning of March 2014 onwards.
QJ6 “Side window trims in matt black” can be offered as a substitute for MY 2015.
Please note that the expected dates do not reflect any delays yet.

Of course, I will post any updates as they become available...
Old 02-21-2014, 10:53 AM
RESP
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the headsup Michael.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:49 PM
gordog
3rd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question

Michael:

Any insider word yet on the release date for the Macan Diesel? Will it be released as a Diesel S or just the base model to begin with? TIA
Old 03-30-2014, 06:44 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts
Default macan

I was aiming for a PTS but it looks that that will never happen.
Just gona order black and be done with it now.

Here is the color combo i really wanted from porsche:
Attached Images  
Old 03-31-2014, 09:32 AM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I was aiming for a PTS but it looks that that will never happen.
Just gona order black and be done with it now.

Here is the color combo i really wanted from porsche:
Why not Agate Grey? I've been going back and forth.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:02 PM
Capital Porsche
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gordog
Michael:

Any insider word yet on the release date for the Macan Diesel? Will it be released as a Diesel S or just the base model to begin with? TIA
Based on the latest inside-info (from the Dealer Launch in Spain last week) there will not be a Diesel in the USA Macan. They are targeting it as the "sports car" in the segment, nothing more/nothing less. Diesel is still not widely accepted as a sports engine (in the USA), even though it has greatly proven itself on the racetrack over the last ~10 years.

We (you/me/LOTS of others) would love to see the Macan Diesel, but you'll have to wait quite a while for this vehicle. I would not expect it before a facelift version, 3-4 years from now. And by then, they could have developed a hybrid version that could be excellent. [of course, this is speculation...]
Old 03-31-2014, 10:48 PM
Buckfever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Capital Porsche
Based on the latest inside-info (from the Dealer Launch in Spain last week) there will not be a Diesel in the USA Macan. They are targeting it as the "sports car" in the segment, nothing more/nothing less. Diesel is still not widely accepted as a sports engine (in the USA), even though it has greatly proven itself on the racetrack over the last ~10 years.

We (you/me/LOTS of others) would love to see the Macan Diesel, but you'll have to wait quite a while for this vehicle. I would not expect it before a facelift version, 3-4 years from now. And by then, they could have developed a hybrid version that could be excellent. [of course, this is speculation...]
Man I hope that info is wrong. I thought I read that at the release von Platen was quoted as saying that the diesel 6 was coming in 2015. I had pretty much written the Macan off till I read that.
Old 04-01-2014, 03:01 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Buckfever
Why not Agate Grey? I've been going back and forth.
Im more of a black kinda guy. But i really wanted that grey RS color with black wheels.
Agate Grey is really nice. it was a coin toss. But i stuck with basic black at a no cost option since i could not get my RS grey.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:09 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts

Anyone with photoshop capabilities for pts "pure red" on the macan. Like to get one for my daughter. Mike
Old 04-10-2014, 10:54 AM
Capital Porsche
Former Vendor

Another update from this week, regarding Panoramic Moonroof on Macan:

From allocation month May 2014 to June 2014 onwards, up to 4 weeks delayed in relation to the allocation month.
No delays from allocation month July 2014 onwards.

As a reminder, typically your car will arrive at the dealer in the month following allocation, so if you have an August delivery, you should be fine.
Old 04-14-2014, 01:38 PM
Rolltide86
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like there is a picture of a Macan in Palladium Metallic in the Portsmouth Launch thread
Old 04-14-2014, 01:49 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

In a number of Macan review videos (looks like they were taken at the Leipzig factory) I have seen a Turbo with PCCB/yellow calipers... yet no mention of this as an option... anyone got any insight to availability?
Old 04-14-2014, 02:10 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
In a number of Macan review videos (looks like they were taken at the Leipzig factory) I have seen a Turbo with PCCB/yellow calipers... yet no mention of this as an option... anyone got any insight to availability?
In marketing brochure that was just released, says 10/2014 at the earliest.

Quick Reply: Macan - Colors/Options may not be available at market launch