Macan 2014-Current

Porsche vs BMW

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM
jmrichards
Racer

Received 256 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
And some of us don't want the Macan to compete with the X3.
Here's the problem for Porsche. My wife has a 2019 BMW X3 M40i which we love. Since I have a 911 I have driven several Macan and Cayenne versions, and bluntly none of them can hold a candle to the X3. The X3 is light and nimble like a BMW should be, and all of the Porsche's drive like heavy tanks in comparison. I am not sure why such a great sports car manufacturer can't deliver a driving experience like BMW does, but in my direct experience they do not.
Old Yesterday, 11:09 PM
jmrichards
Racer

Received 256 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by jobunaga
I mean... if we continue to follow this chain of logic, the Macan doesn't compete well with the Kia Sportage on the aspect of interior space. If interior space is ones only criteria for evaluating vehicles, then a Sprinter Van is the only logical choice!
And... the idiots appear in the thread. Why are they permitted here? Please read the topic line to understand the discussion. Some people should not be allowed to have computers.
Old Today, 12:31 AM
boyce89976
Instructor

Received 93 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by chassis
Macan is indeed too small for its class. Rear seating area has a pitifully low amount of knee room and the cockpit is claustrophobic for anyone 5'10" and taller. Instruments are too close to the seat when seat is adjusted for proper hip-to-pedals distance. Hip room in the cockpit is too narrow with non-sport seats from console to door trim, for people with "healthy" BMI and low body fat %. Summary: the car is too small.
This is not true. I'm a healthy 5' 11" and it fits me perfectly.
Old Today, 12:43 AM
Butzi
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by jmrichards
And... the idiots appear in the thread. Why are they permitted here? Please read the topic line to understand the discussion. Some people should not be allowed to have computers.
There is no discussion, you're seeking confirmation bias. The Macan/Cayenne is not for you.
You came into the Macan subforum stirring the pot; what did you expect?
Enjoy the X3.
The following users liked this post:
boyce89976 (Today)
Old Today, 12:49 AM
boyce89976
Instructor

Originally Posted by chassis
In summary it seems most comments agree with the OP that the Macan doesn't compete well with X3 on the aspect of interior space.
Like another post said, if interior space the decision factor you might be better off with a Santa Fe.
Old Today, 12:52 AM
boyce89976
Instructor

You mean the vague "Porsche vs. BMW" topic line?
The following users liked this post:
Butzi (Today)
Old Today, 02:03 AM
boyce89976
Instructor

Here's the problem for Porsche. My wife has a 2019 BMW X3 M40i which we love. Since I have a 911 I have driven several Macan and Cayenne versions, and bluntly none of them can hold a candle to the X3. The X3 is light and nimble like a BMW should be, and all of the Porsche's drive like heavy tanks in comparison. I am not sure why such a great sports car manufacturer can't deliver a driving experience like BMW does, but in my direct experience they do not.
I'm sorry, but a BMW hasn't handled like a BMW since about 2012. The current crop have lots of power and sloppy handling and road feel compared to earlier models like the original X5, the E46's, etc...

No BMW's on this list...
Nürburgring Lap Times: Fastest Cars And Lap Records In 2024

Not a single BMW made this list either...
Top 5 Fastest SUV's at Nurburgring