Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Considering a used 2020 macan S (Non-CPO)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2024, 01:31 PM
3 on the tree
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Considering a used 2020 macan S (Non-CPO)

Greetings,
New to the forum and looking into my first Porsche purchase. Currently interested in a vehicle located at Porsche Oklahoma City (I am in San Francisco). Anyone have experience with the dealership and what concerns should I have on this generation of macans?
It seems to be one of the more reliable builds. This would be this first time to purchase a vehicle I wont physically see prior to purchase.

Much appreciated

Frank
Old 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
Ironman88
Rennlist Member

Received 2,376 Likes on 1,245 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 on the tree
Greetings,
New to the forum and looking into my first Porsche purchase. Currently interested in a vehicle located at Porsche Oklahoma City (I am in San Francisco). Anyone have experience with the dealership and what concerns should I have on this generation of macans?
It seems to be one of the more reliable builds. This would be this first time to purchase a vehicle I wont physically see prior to purchase.

Much appreciated

Frank
I would highly recommend not buying a vehicle without seeing it firsthand. Especially a Porsche.

Make the deal contingent on your final examination at the dealership. Fly out and drive it back. If you can't devote the time to driving it back, you can make arrangements for transport when at the dealership.

I've done that with several used Porsches.

No surprises - no regrets.

The following 5 users liked this post by Ironman88:
3 on the tree (02-20-2024), chassis (02-21-2024), jbx2 (02-21-2024), Larson E. Rapp (02-20-2024), WillinEvergreen (02-21-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 03:24 PM
Snowytrail
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I would ask if they have 100% of the service records since new. Assume you have looked at the Carfax for it and shopped SCAL dealers as well as that is a competitive market compared to OKC.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:50 PM
3 on the tree
3rd Gear

Greetings,
Thanks for all the feedback. Much appreciated.

I do have the carfax and will ask if they have all the service records. The OKC macan is a 2 prev owner vehicle so not too excited by that. I do like that has the black & tan interior and the 21" wheels.

Any experience with Porsche south bay in Hawthorne? There is a Macan there I am also considering although with 19" wheels and black interior. None of this is a deal breaker though.

Kind regards.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:50 PM
Clark Addison
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can stretch your budget a bit, this is a good time to score lightly used 2023s. Many dealers around the country are selling last year's loaners with around 5,000 miles, dealer serviced, and a CPO warranty. I bought one last month.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:10 PM
3 on the tree
3rd Gear

Hi Clark, I wish! That seems a bit of a stretch based in the prices I've seen. Probably going to get a ton of comments for saying this...I was hoping to stay within the $40k's.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:09 PM
Snowytrail
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Greetings,
Any experience with Porsche south bay in Hawthorne? There is a Macan there I am also considering although with 19" wheels and black interior. None of this is a deal breaker though.
Kind regards.
After a month of looking hard I just bought an S locally at Fremont. My brief interactions with some SCAL dealers: positive for Bev Hills, South Bay, Ontario, Rusnak. Less positive Woodland H, San Diego ("you're going to pay $1300 for Stargard whether you like it or not").

The following users liked this post:
3 on the tree (02-20-2024)
Old 02-20-2024, 10:49 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 138 Likes on 113 Posts

Hi Clark, I wish! That seems a bit of a stretch based in the prices I've seen. Probably going to get a ton of comments for saying this...I was hoping to stay within the $40k's.
If you move forward on this for certain, get a PPI done on it before purchase.
Old 02-21-2024, 03:12 PM
texass4
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 89 Posts

If you're on the west coast, why go to Oklahoma for a used Macan? Unless it's some sort of 100% perfect spec that is exactly what you had your heart set on you would most likely do WAY better buying something closer to home. Cars like the Macan and other sport/lux/enthusiast cars for sale at any given moment outnumber those in Ok (or most places "in the middle" for that matter) 10:1. Maybe even 100:1. More supply and, usually, better prices. I live in Texas. When I started searching for my next Macan, I found that there may be only a handful nearby in the miles/condition I'd like, ALL are generic lot inventory spec cars and almost always at least 10% more than a comparable car on the west coast.

Seanlabonte (02-21-2024)
Old 02-21-2024, 04:15 PM
Seanlabonte
Platinum Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 47 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowytrail
After a month of looking hard I just bought an S locally at Fremont. My brief interactions with some SCAL dealers: positive for Bev Hills, South Bay, Ontario, Rusnak. Less positive Woodland H, San Diego ("you're going to pay $1300 for Stargard whether you like it or not").
Fremont is a solid dealer and buying locally is always the best scenario.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:38 PM
Penstamin
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowytrail
+1 for Rusnak in Pasadena. I bought a CPO Cayenne from them sight unseen (don't judge me ) and it looked like it just rolled out of the factory. The refurb was impeccable.
Old 02-21-2024, 06:46 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,489 Likes on 1,088 Posts

Greetings,

Much appreciated

Frank
I would not buy a German car out of warranty.
WillinEvergreen (02-22-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 05:39 AM
Julesman
Intermediate

Greetings,

Much appreciated

Frank
I have dealt with the Bob Moore dealership (Oklahoma City) a few times. I haven't bought a Porsche from them but came close to buying a Macan from them a few years ago.

That dealership are straight shooters. I would feel confident about doing business with them.

But I would never buy any car without test driving it first.
Old 02-23-2024, 05:29 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 115 Posts

Greetings,

Much appreciated

Frank
Non-CPO would be an issue for me. A Porsche dealer selling a non-CPO is a red flag. Also, an OKC car was probably driven in snow with salt in the winter. Something you don't see in the Bay Area in CA. And I would never buy a Porsche without the extended warranties. Maybe that dealer can CPO the car for you, but they will probably upcharge for that service.

Quick Reply: Considering a used 2020 macan S (Non-CPO)