Notices
Macan 2014-Current

GTS vs T: Height Difference (Steel PASM)

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2024, 12:33 AM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 192 Posts
Default GTS vs T: Height Difference (Steel PASM)

I noticed GTS is 1" lower than T while both come with PASM and wondering what's exactly different between these 2 cars.
Is that from just springs and GTS specific software or something more?

I'm pretty pleased with PASM on my T. It's sharp/tight and still comfortable but I just want to lower slightly and options are: H&R and KW HAS kits. Both brands make PASM specific springs.
But if possible, I do not want to go aftermarket route and hoping I can just buy some components from GTS parts so I can maintain OEM forms.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:58 AM
BMinSFL
Pro

Received 181 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by isugoo
I noticed GTS is 1" lower than T while both come with PASM and wondering what's exactly different between these 2 cars.
Is that from just springs and GTS specific software or something more?

I'm pretty pleased with PASM on my T. It's sharp/tight and still comfortable but I just want to lower slightly and options are: H&R and KW HAS kits. Both brands make PASM specific springs.
But if possible, I do not want to go aftermarket route and hoping I can just buy some components from GTS parts so I can maintain OEM forms.

Thanks in advance.
Ride height will be determined by the spring. The OE springs may not lower you as much, especially in the front because they are designed for the heavier V6 engine. There are a few options if you dig into the parts manual, you will need to look up your current load rating code and also the colored dot combination on your springs to find the right OE match. You will also spend 3-4x more on the OE parts.

In the end, you'll likely have a better result with an aftermarket spring, I went down the same path and ended up with Eibach for a more conservative 1" drop. The part number for the PASM version is:
​​E10-72-014-04-22. I like that the springs are black and the drop is just right so that no one would ever tell it's been lowered with aftermarket parts.

There are a few users on MacanForum with great feedback on these whereas not always great feedback on the KW or H&R HAS kits. Less drop is better on the stock dampers to prevent bump stop issues or compromising the ride quality.
Old 02-20-2024, 12:01 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
Ride height will be determined by the spring. The OE springs may not lower you as much, especially in the front because they are designed for the heavier V6 engine. There are a few options if you dig into the parts manual, you will need to look up your current load rating code and also the colored dot combination on your springs to find the right OE match. You will also spend 3-4x more on the OE parts.

In the end, you'll likely have a better result with an aftermarket spring, I went down the same path and ended up with Eibach for a more conservative 1" drop. The part number for the PASM version is:
​​E10-72-014-04-22. I like that the springs are black and the drop is just right so that no one would ever tell it's been lowered with aftermarket parts.

There are a few users on MacanForum with great feedback on these whereas not always great feedback on the KW or H&R HAS kits. Less drop is better on the stock dampers to prevent bump stop issues or compromising the ride quality.

I had Eibachs on my M3s before and I really enjoyed them. They're slighty lower than stock and maintain stock level of comfort unlike H&R but when I checked on Flat 6 and Eibach own websites, they stated it's not for PASM while some online sellers are stating that its for PASM.

Last edited by isugoo; 02-20-2024 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 12:30 PM
BMinSFL
Pro

I had Eibachs on my M3s before and I really enjoyed them. They're slighty lower than stock and maintain stock level of comfort unlike H&R but when I checked on Flat 6 and Eibach own websites, they stated it's not for PASM while some online sellers are stating that its for PASM.
The image/part # above is for non-PASM. The part number I provided in my post was for PASM. There was a recent install of the PASM version from a member on MacanForum with good feedback. He had to dig a bit deeper for the part though.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:25 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

The image/part # above is for non-PASM. The part number I provided in my post was for PASM. There was a recent install of the PASM version from a member on MacanForum with good feedback. He had to dig a bit deeper for the part though.
E10-72-014-02-22 part# is the number in Eibach website. In fact, that's the only springs they have currently for Macan.
When I select the car in their website, they only have one option with non-PASM for Macan. I prefer Eibach over other brands with my pleasant experiences in past. Maybe I'll email them and ask.

Last edited by isugoo; 02-20-2024 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:36 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Just called Eibach and they couldn't answer other than this part# is for non PASM (pretty much reading the website info on the website) and transferred to tech support which I couldn't talk to anyone. I just emailed them and let's see if they could be able to answer. Thanks,
Old 02-20-2024, 01:39 PM
BMinSFL
Pro

E10-72-014-04-22 part# is exact number shown in Eibach website. In fact, that's the only springs they have currently for Macan.
When I select the car in their website, they only have one option with non-PASM for Macan. I prefer Eibach over other brands with my pleasant experiences in past. Maybe I'll email them and ask.
Your image had a different part number, take a look and compare.

The part number ending 04-22 is with PASM and the part number ending 02-22 is without PASM.

See the full description in this eBay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/394947877032

Last edited by BMinSFL; 02-20-2024 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 01:46 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Delete
Old 02-20-2024, 01:53 PM
BMinSFL
Pro

What is the current ride height of your vehicle if you measure from the ground to the bottom of the fender, with the tape/yard stick in line with the center of the wheel? Let me know what it is for the front and rear fenders.
Old 02-20-2024, 02:00 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Just spoke to a tech person at Eibach US and he looked at Eibach's German catalogue and this is what he found:

E10-72-014-02-22: Without Electric Damping Control (only springs that Eibach US is carrying for Macan)

E10-72-014-03-22: 2.0T engine with 25x HP with Electric Damping Control (German catalog states 'Electric Damping Control' on this part# while 04-22 states exactly PASM)

E10-72-014-04-22: 2.9T engine GTS Model with PASM

This is German Catalogue I found after talking to US tech support:
https://web2.carparts-cat.com/defaul...11790&330=3180

Last edited by isugoo; 02-20-2024 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 02:59 PM
BMinSFL
Pro

Just spoke to a tech person at Eibach US and he looked at Eibach's German catalogue and this is what he found:

E10-72-014-02-22: Without Electric Damping Control (only springs that Eibach US is carrying for Macan)

E10-72-014-03-22: 2.0T engine with 25x HP with Electric Damping Control (German catalog states 'Electric Damping Control' on this part# while 04-22 states exactly PASM)

E10-72-014-04-22: 2.9T engine GTS Model with PASM

This is German Catalogue I found after talking to US tech support:
https://web2.carparts-cat.com/defaul...11790&330=3180
Very interesting about the 03-22 for the 2.0. I'll guess its due to the lighter engine but the 02-22 version I have (made for all models) is just fine. I can post some photos for reference if you want.

If you want to attempt to find the GTS springs, this site below will be your best bet, but you'll need some build codes/VIN decoder to really make progress since there are a lot of choices. There is no steel spring GTS in the USA so you will need to look up European or Asian markets:

https://ifinterface.com/page/page3.php?lnid=2

Last edited by BMinSFL; 02-20-2024 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:28 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Very interesting about the 03-22 for the 2.0. I'll guess its due to the lighter engine but the 02-22 version I have (made for all models) is just fine. I can post some photos for reference if you want.

If you want to attempt to find the GTS springs, this site below will be your best bet, but you'll need some build codes/VIN decoder to really make progress since there are a lot of choices. There is no steel spring GTS in the USA so you will need to look up European or Asian markets:

https://ifinterface.com/page/page3.php?lnid=2
I don't think I will get the GTS springs due to 120 lbs engine weight difference and hunt for the part# 03-22 that is specific for 2.0T with electric damping. As it is not available in US and discontinued from Eibach, it'll not be the easy find though.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:40 PM
BMinSFL
Pro

I don't think I will get the GTS springs due to 120 lbs engine weight difference and hunt for the part# 03-22 that is specific for 2.0T with electric damping. As it is not available in US and discontinued from Eibach, it'll not be the easy find though.
Good luck. If you don't find them, the 04-22 should be fine. My front and rear heights are just about the same and the front isn't lifted due to the lighter weight. I would be interested to know your current fender height though because the T may already be a little lower than the standard springs, which would reduce the overal before vs. after height adjustment.
Old 02-20-2024, 03:55 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Good luck. If you don't find them, the 04-22 should be fine. My front and rear heights are just about the same and the front isn't lifted due to the lighter weight. I would be interested to know your current fender height though because the T may already be a little lower than the standard springs, which would reduce the overal before vs. after height adjustment.
I'll measure it when rain stops in a couple of days. From Porsche website, T sits 1" lower than the base and 1" higher than GTS with steel PASM.
Old 02-20-2024, 04:22 PM
BMinSFL
Pro

I'll measure it when rain stops in a couple of days. From Porsche website, T sits 1" lower than the base and 1" higher than GTS with steel PASM.
Do you mind sharing that source where they use the 1" increments?

Quick Reply: GTS vs T: Height Difference (Steel PASM)