Macan 2014-Current

24 Macan Discount Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 05:37 PM
Kodabear
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jwalz1
I bought a Cayman from Napleton Westmont down near Chicago and it was an easy drive down and back.

The people at Auto Edge in Mahtomedi told me about 85% of their customers bought their Porsches outside of Minnesota (new and used) due to local "inflexibility" of the two dealers. Was the one that could not care less Mpls or St Paul? I bought a used 2020 Macan S out of state because the two dealers were about $5k over the market value on every used/certified car they had and the salesperson in the empty dealer in St Paul acted like I was taking time from surfing the net on his phone. Way too easy to avoid by looking in Chicago, Omaha, Wisconsin, St Louis, etc.
It took a ton of haggling just to get St. Paul to 2% on a 2025 Macan S. The salesman from Minneapolis, tall guy who’s been there a long time, acted like he had way better things to be doing than trying to sell me a Macan.
Old 05-22-2024, 01:05 PM
Islandbound
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts

Would you share the facilitator's contact information?
Old 05-22-2024, 10:46 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 135 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Islandbound
Would you share the facilitator's contact information?
I will share my facilitator's name though I am not the person you are addressing this to. Tom McParland. AutomatchConsulting@gmail.com He has a side gig at Jalopnik.com. He did major service for me at the time that I special ordered my Macan through. I bought it from the Seattle area, and it came through Pennsylvania. Huge savings.
Old 05-23-2024, 11:52 PM
big_willy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I just traded in for a '24 Macan GTS. Got $9200CND off MSRP (on a $108k build - omitting freight, pdi, etc) and they beat the best trade number i got amongst 4 dealerships. Any remaining stock can be haggled down for sure, at least in Canada,

Last edited by big_willy; 05-23-2024 at 11:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Islandbound (05-24-2024)
Old 05-24-2024, 12:34 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 460 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by big_willy
Any remaining stock can be haggled down for sure, at least in Canada,
This has generally been the case for a while now. What's unusual, is that a dealer would have a new (although now, technically it's last year's model) GTS on the lot.
Old 05-24-2024, 04:20 PM
big_willy
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DBH
This has generally been the case for a while now. What's unusual, is that a dealer would have a new (although now, technically it's last year's model) GTS on the lot.
A quick search on porsche finder shows lots of remaining GTS stock available in Canada. The auto market has really softened here north of the US border (unless you are Honda or Toyota), even the porsche GT cars have seen significant depreciation from last year - biggest hit being the GT4RS and GT4, GT3 to a lesser extent but there are a lot of cars trying to find homes so I see these coming down further as we progress through the summer.
A local dealer has a few '23 Panaramas left over and are doing $30k+ off list to move them, no one is biting,

Last edited by big_willy; 05-24-2024 at 04:25 PM.

Quick Reply: 24 Macan Discount Thread