Macan 2014-Current

How to keep wife's low mileage grocery getter in shape

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 11:20 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Received 964 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by BMinSFL
That's what I was thinking and what I switched to exclusively for my cars. I use the below with a handheld foam sprayer. It's been an amazing time saver plus I can do it anytime in the garage. No swirl markes if used correctly.

DIY Detail Rinseless Wash
https://diydetail.com/products/rinseless-wash

iK Foam PRO 2 Pump Sprayer
https://www.autogeek.net/ik-foam-pro-2.html

​​​
100% on rinseless washes. I haven't washed a car with actual soap for 10 years. Sooo easy, faster and better results. I am currently using Owner's Pride products (due to that being my favorite ceramic coating currently), but have used Optimum No Rinse and others.
Love washing the car in my heated garage in the winter, or on a summer day where the sun is beating down on the driveway. I have an AutoFloorGuard under the cars...when done just squeegee off, cleans the floor too.

My process is powerwash the car off in the driveway and do the tires/wheels in the driveway (I use tire/wheel cleaner from Adam's, not rinseless, but I have done so in the past). Then pull the car in the garage. Wash car panel by panel using prespray with rinsless wash in a pump sprayer, followed by two bucket technique with rinseless wash sponge, then spray the wet car with the sealer/drying agent and dry with microfiber. Then move on to the next panel. Get into all nooks/crannies with boarshair brushes. At the end go over all nooks/crannies with compressed air and a microfiber. Sooo easy and you can take your time as much as you want.

Worth noting most rinseless washes are designed to work with ceramic coatings. So would recommend getting the brand of wash and sealer that matches your ceramic coating if you have one as they are designed chemically to work together.

Last edited by Nickshu; 01-01-2024 at 11:24 AM.
Old 01-01-2024, 11:34 AM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 747 Likes on 532 Posts

[QUOTE=Nickshu;19192216 My buddy just leased a new Audi Q4 Etron for under $350/mo. They are literally giving them away b/c they can't sell them.[/QUOTE]

Because who want's a Scion xb with an Audi badge
Old 01-01-2024, 09:22 PM
BMinSFL
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
100% on rinseless washes. I haven't washed a car with actual soap for 10 years. Sooo easy, faster and better results. I am currently using Owner's Pride products (due to that being my favorite ceramic coating currently), but have used Optimum No Rinse and others.
Love washing the car in my heated garage in the winter, or on a summer day where the sun is beating down on the driveway. I have an AutoFloorGuard under the cars...when done just squeegee off, cleans the floor too.

My process is powerwash the car off in the driveway and do the tires/wheels in the driveway (I use tire/wheel cleaner from Adam's, not rinseless, but I have done so in the past). Then pull the car in the garage. Wash car panel by panel using prespray with rinsless wash in a pump sprayer, followed by two bucket technique with rinseless wash sponge, then spray the wet car with the sealer/drying agent and dry with microfiber. Then move on to the next panel. Get into all nooks/crannies with boarshair brushes. At the end go over all nooks/crannies with compressed air and a microfiber. Sooo easy and you can take your time as much as you want.

Worth noting most rinseless washes are designed to work with ceramic coatings. So would recommend getting the brand of wash and sealer that matches your ceramic coating if you have one as they are designed chemically to work together.
If you haven't tried the DIY Detail Rinseless with the foam sprayer, you will be impressed, at least I was. The foam is about the same as from a cannon so I quickly ditched the outside pressure clean and just use two of the handheld pump sprayers in the garage. The DIY Detail guys don't recommend a water-only power wash as a first step anyways since it can force grit into the paint. I never noticed an issue but that was enough to skip that step.

It depends on the amount of road grime but where I am in Florida, I don't need anything past the foam presoak and then I use about 20 microfiber towels for the exterior body wipe and then the same solution/process for the wheels but with a different bucket and towel set. DIY also has a ceramic spray I use as a drying agent/gloss enhancer/sealant that is very impressive. I use one final solution-damp microfiber for the interior and that's all I need until a specific issue area arises.

I ordered the Owner's Pride tire shine, always happy to test out a new line!

Last edited by BMinSFL; 01-01-2024 at 09:31 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Nickshu (01-02-2024)

Quick Reply: How to keep wife's low mileage grocery getter in shape