Macan 2014-Current

Fabspeed Resonated Slip-on Deletes

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 06:02 PM
jfr2
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fabspeed Resonated Slip-on Deletes

Looking at the Fabspeed Slip-ons (not the Fabspeed Slip-on Sport Exhaust, which is more money), there is a resonated option when purchasing. I have never seen a picture or video of these muffler deletes with the resonator option. I just called them and they said there is a small baffle but I couldn't get a good sense of where or how it was installed. Posting here to see if anyone has this option on their FS slip-ons?
Thanks!
-JR
Old 12-18-2023, 03:28 PM
Fabspeed Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 684 Likes on 436 Posts

Hey OP,

Great question, the resonator is found in the angled section towards the tip. Non-resonated allows for unencumbered flow out the tips but does cause some drone.

The resonated section was developed as a solution to that issue.

Old 12-18-2023, 06:48 PM
jfr2
Track Day

Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Hey OP,

Great question, the resonator is found in the angled section towards the tip. Non-resonated allows for unencumbered flow out the tips but does cause some drone.

The resonated section was developed as a solution to that issue.
Placed my order for the resonated version from Flat6 yesterday!! I'm glad I made the right decision! Thanks for chiming in!!

-JR

Last edited by jfr2; 12-18-2023 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-09-2024, 07:01 PM
jfr2
Track Day

As I noted over on the Macan Forum, these are gorgeous!!!
Top notch appearance and welds!

I think these are going to sound awesome with the mid-pipe resonators and the resonated tips.
Install on Thursday...will report back on sound.
-JR

Last edited by jfr2; 01-09-2024 at 07:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Mainiac (01-11-2024)
Old 01-11-2024, 10:58 AM
Mainiac
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

…it’s Thursday. Let’s hear some feedback on those slip ons!
Old 01-11-2024, 11:24 AM
jfr2
Track Day

Originally Posted by Mainiac
…it’s Thursday. Let’s hear some feedback on those slip ons!
Ha!! I just dropped it off at the shop!

-JR
Old 01-12-2024, 09:35 PM
jfr2
Track Day

Cccccrraapp!! This kit is boomy. Can't even imagine what the non-resonated kit sounds like. My confirmation-bias and my disappointment are battling each other! I've had aftermarket exhaust on just about every car I've ever owned so I'm used to loud. I reallllly wanted these to be good! Hoping maybe they'll break in and quiet down a bit but I think the opposite is usually true. They do sound really good, but just boomy.

-JR

Last edited by jfr2; 01-12-2024 at 10:05 PM.
Old 01-14-2024, 05:19 PM
doctj
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Thank for updating us
Old 01-14-2024, 07:22 PM
Mainiac
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Bummer man. Have you gotten more seat time and developed any different impressions? I’m disappointed right along with you. Thought I was going this direction.
Old 01-14-2024, 08:34 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 450 Likes on 281 Posts

"Boomy" is subjective. I think of it as being a rather hollow sound like being in a barrel. FABSPEED has always been a top-notch supplier. Surely, they put some miles on a prototype before going into production. If possible, please try to post a couple of sound clips, one inside the vehicle and another from the rear. That's one of the reasons I pulled the trigger on the SOUL muffler delete system. There were sound clips and testimonials which helped me make up my mind. Hopefully, this system will mellow out and be acceptable for you.
Old 01-14-2024, 10:47 PM
jfr2
Track Day

Originally Posted by Mainiac
Bummer man. Have you gotten more seat time and developed any different impressions? I’m disappointed right along with you. Thought I was going this direction.
Gotten a little more seat time. It's OK at highway speeds. Around town between 2000-2700 RPM is boomy. Not resonance drone.... Subtle difference. Find myself clicking up or down a gear with the paddles to stay out of that range. I feel like it might have been a little better today but I had the family in the car, which means my throttle aggressiveness is much lower. Let's all keep our fingers crossed it gets a little better!

-JR

Last edited by jfr2; 01-14-2024 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-14-2024, 10:51 PM
jfr2
Track Day

Originally Posted by NC TRACKRAT
"Boomy" is subjective. I think of it as being a rather hollow sound like being in a barrel. FABSPEED has always been a top-notch supplier. Surely, they put some miles on a prototype before going into production. If possible, please try to post a couple of sound clips, one inside the vehicle and another from the rear. That's one of the reasons I pulled the trigger on the SOUL muffler delete system. There were sound clips and testimonials which helped me make up my mind. Hopefully, this system will mellow out and be acceptable for you.
Agree. Each has their own threshold for such noise. I'm pretty tolerant. Will do my best to get some accurate sound/video clips up. It's been crappy weather this weekend with more on the way for us here in the Northeast this week. Hoping an iPhone mic can accurately pick up the boom. Boom! Ha!
I still love Fabspeed, btw. ;-)

-JR
The following users liked this post:
Fabspeed Motorsport (01-17-2024)

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Resonated Slip-on Deletes