Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Porsche Car Connect activation problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2024, 01:57 PM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 248 Likes on 152 Posts

I had the same issue. The Porsche Connect thing is the most confusing thing ever. I even don't know what is the point to have the app connected to my car. Porsche is a sports car company, they do the best sports car but suck at this kind of electronic stuff. Every other car I have (volvo, mercedes) the dealership sets everything up as I took delivery and I can do everything through the app. With Porsche, they set it up. It took me multiple attempts (each time I had to do the whole sign in process from the scratch) and now I am finally connected but can't do anything with it. The whole confusing thing with two different digital services which have similar names and do 2 completely different things (one for navigation and onboard services the other for remote stuff) makes evrything even more confusing. To make things least attractive, they make you pay for all these services. Most other companies do it for free (either for good or for a longer period of time). So enough bashing. With all that being said, just leave it alone and don't connect. I haven't seen one single benefit of being connected.

Last edited by john981; 02-03-2024 at 02:57 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ByByBMW (02-04-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 03:55 PM
isugoo
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 189 Posts

I had activation issue and I think it's finally logging in with my Porsche ID but what's the benefit of Car Connect and how do you guys use it for? (genuine question really)
I"m trying to experience it while I have 1 year of subscription but I never really understood what it does for me. reviewed Porsche Connect site, I'm just confused exactly what services they offer other than free map update and realtime traffic that I more often use it with Google or Apple Maps.
Old 02-05-2024, 04:37 PM
wasntme
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Took my car in to activate connected services and everything went smooth. No issues.
Old 07-11-2024, 12:17 PM
Midnight Blue
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wasntme
I get that message on my 2022 Macan every time it starts. I go in Monday for the Connect activation (I hope).
Did you ever find a way to eliminate the Porsche Connect nag screen from appearing?

I'm getting it almost every time I start the car. My 2023 Macan GTS was purchased used and I was able to add the car to My Porsche, sync it to the PCM, and get the former owner's info clear from the Vodaphone database. Having read many posts decrying the lack of value of the Porsche Connect service, I am loathe to have it activated. But I hate this nag screen! Thinking I may have to delete my account from the PCM but then it may nag me about that?!

Old 07-11-2024, 12:53 PM
wasntme
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nope, no way to remove it I found.
Old 07-11-2024, 02:49 PM
Brett - 1996 C4
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Same deal with me on my 2021 GTS. Now seems to come up every time I start the car. Thanks, Porsche!
Old 07-11-2024, 03:03 PM
Midnight Blue
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone tried to delete the My Porsche account activation from PCM? That will likely be the next thing I try as I don't recall getting the nag screen until after I activated My Porsche account with the PCM.
Old 07-12-2024, 10:08 AM
nevil
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 53 Posts

Mine stopped popping up after about six months, through no action on my part, although I tried.
The following users liked this post:
Midnight Blue (07-12-2024)

Quick Reply: Porsche Car Connect activation problems