Notices
Macan 2014-Current

2025 Macan.. What will it be?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 05:50 PM
T3X4S
Racer

Received 150 Likes on 100 Posts

There has not been any spy photos of any upcoming Macan ICE refresh unlike previous refreshes for the 2022/2023 models. So, either no refresh in the future ICE for 2025, or Porsche is still deciding how to proceed.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (09-14-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 10:37 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,484 Likes on 1,083 Posts

Can't remember if this has already made the rounds on rennlist.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...ev-spy-photos/

Last edited by chassis; 09-14-2023 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-15-2023, 12:46 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 214 Posts

RE ^^^^^

I can't say I'm a big fan of the looks of that car.

1. Looks like the clamshell hood is gone, and while there's no engine there, the way the lines are broken up looks more typical than special
2. Not sure if those are all headlights or some are fog lights, but it's looking a bit "Family Truckster" up front
3. Design-wise, the front "grille" area is fairly weak, without much in the way of a specific shape that says "this is a Porsche"
4. The wheel arch treatment is just bad
5. The sides of the body seem to taper in quite a bit before hitting the re-designed side blades, and as a result, the overall visual nature of the car seems much more "slab-sided" than the current Macan, which looks, visually, like it's wider at the bottom (a very German / Teutonic trait that seems to be missing from the new design)
6. The taillights still seem to be camo'd so I'm not going to comment on them
7. The tailgate spoiler doesn't look great deployed, and I think the profile of the car looks worse for not having the spoiler at the top of the rear window
8. I can't tell if that's a "camera hood" on the tailgate or if that's a camo item, but if that's a finished element, it looks like a poorly-integrated afterthought
The following 2 users liked this post by TikiLou:
roule (10-10-2023), Russian Mafia (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 01:27 AM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 556 Likes on 332 Posts

Originally Posted by TikiLou
RE ^^^^^

1. Looks like the clamshell hood is gone, and while there's no engine there, the way the lines are broken up looks more typical than special
2. Not sure if those are all headlights or some are fog lights, but it's looking a bit "Family Truckster" up front
3. Design-wise, the front "grille" area is fairly weak, without much in the way of a specific shape that says "this is a Porsche"
5. The sides of the body seem to taper in quite a bit before hitting the re-designed side blades, and as a result, the overall visual nature of the car seems much more "slab-sided" than the current Macan, which looks, visually, like it's wider at the bottom (a very German / Teutonic trait that seems to be missing from the new design)
7. The tailgate spoiler doesn't look great deployed, and I think the profile of the car looks worse for not having the spoiler at the top of the rear window
8. I can't tell if that's a "camera hood" on the tailgate or if that's a camo item, but if that's a finished element, it looks like a poorly-integrated afterthought
you do realize that this vehicle is still substantially camouflaged right?
Old 09-15-2023, 03:17 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by #1SomeGuy
you do realize that this vehicle is still substantially camouflaged right?
Not according to the article which describes it as having "barely any camouflage" and if you've seen the camo pix of the car online for the past two years, it's easy to spot how much of this is not camo'd. Unless the whole front is fake. Looks like the only camo still on it is on the rear light bar and - maybe - a fake "power bulge" over the real hood.

All of the front camo and c-pillar camo that we've been seeing the last couple years is gone from the car in these pix.
Old 09-15-2023, 07:49 AM
dak911
Three Wheelin'

Received 152 Likes on 125 Posts

What ever it is, It does not look like a Porsche NO LIKEY
The following 2 users liked this post by dak911:
Russian Mafia (09-15-2023), TikiLou (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 01:15 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 857 Likes on 419 Posts

I find the Taycan a nice implementation of Porsche + electric. But the photos above make that Macan look parts bin. I’d rather see Porsche come up with a completely new cosmetic concept while keeping key elements as they did with the Taycan. Let’s hope the production version and various colors lift the cosmetics.
dak911 (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 06:34 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by DBH
It appears that Porsche's US dealers are pushing back hard against Porsches move to an all electric Macan in the '25/'26 model years. One of the main reasons is the lack of charging infrastructure. This could lead to a significant sales decline for Porsche's best-selling model which currently represents about one third of Porsche's US sales. No word on Porsche's response to the dealers' concerns.
They will market ICE and BEV together to see how many they sell (BEV). My bet is the ICE will outsell the BEV. People don't want BEVs. That is why dealers in the US are revolting wrt to an exclusively BEV lineup.
Old 09-15-2023, 06:37 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

RE ^^^^^

In other words, looks more like an X3 than a Porsche.
Old 09-16-2023, 01:16 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DHL
In other words, looks more like an X3 than a Porsche.
The X3 is better looking (by a wide margin) than this, IMO. Whereas I think the current Macan is much, much better looking than the X3.
dak911 (09-16-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 12:18 PM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Not according to the article which describes it as having "barely any camouflage" and if you've seen the camo pix of the car online for the past two years, it's easy to spot how much of this is not camo'd. Unless the whole front is fake. Looks like the only camo still on it is on the rear light bar and - maybe - a fake "power bulge" over the real hood.

All of the front camo and c-pillar camo that we've been seeing the last couple years is gone from the car in these pix.
If you were around during the Taycan spy shots, the same thing happened...even the lightly camo pics versus when it was released, everyone said it was ugly but then on release it was actually great. Point is, there's still substantial camo going on with these latest spy shots...for sure those wheel arches and entire front end still have something going on.
TikiLou (09-17-2023)
Old 09-16-2023, 06:37 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

The X3 is better looking (by a wide margin) than this, IMO. Whereas I think the current Macan is much, much better looking than the X3.
Agreed. One of the reasons I traded in the X3 M40i for the Macan GTS.
Old 09-16-2023, 06:43 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

If you were around during the Taycan spy shots, the same thing happened...even the lightly camo pics versus when it was released, everyone said it was ugly but then on release it was actually great. Point is, there's still substantial camo going on with these latest spy shots...for sure those wheel arches and entire front end still have something going on.
I think its a mute point. If the BEV is less attractive than the ICE version, just another factor pushing people away from the BEV back to the ICE.
Old 09-17-2023, 12:17 AM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DHL
I think its a mute point. If the BEV is less attractive than the ICE version, just another factor pushing people away from the BEV back to the ICE.
moot*

I don't want a BEV either, but I still don't think it will be as ugly as the camo pics make it out to be.
Old 09-17-2023, 11:30 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

I don't think the front of the Taycan is attractive. A personal car design pet peeve of mine are those goofy "running mascara" / "crying eyes" dark vertical lines at the outside of headlights or taillights. It's just a lousy design element...whether on the Camry, the prev gen Corvette or on the Taycan.

I also think the transition from the front quarter panel's simple geometry to the sculpted nature of the rest of the side profile is too abrupt and doesn't work. The more I look at it, the more it looks like somebody welded two different cars together just ahead of the front doors.

Eye of the beholder stuff I guess.

Anyway, I hope you're right about the EV Macan because this is not an attractive car as shown there.
The following 3 users liked this post by TikiLou:
Larson E. Rapp (10-06-2023), Lebreeze (10-16-2023), roule (10-10-2023)

Quick Reply: 2025 Macan.. What will it be?