Macan 2014-Current

Things what don't work well on 23 Macan S

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 05:59 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 857 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder Bite
put the key in the vehicle while washing. It will not lock.
While washing my 9YO Cayenne with the key inside, the hatch sprang open when I walked by. Perhaps it was isolated or they’ve fixed the issue but I haven’t tried it again since.
Old 08-18-2023, 08:10 PM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by offagain
Mmm, weird.

Auto-hold - as pointed out, should auto-hold when you come to a hill / gradient and stop. It will then apply the brakes and hold you. Its a little aggressive, but it does work. There is a manual option, where you press down on the brake a little harder so that you dont have to have your foot on the brake for a 'faster' get away I guess. I find this works well. My old C63S had this as I believe its a Mercedes thing. Works exactly the same - I guess its shared technology?

Locking via the trunk button - works perfectly for me. Could this be different behavior based on the key you are using? I might be wrong here, but I think it might be an option tired to the key. I think you can change the behavior of the folding mirrors based on the key so that might be worth looking at.

Blind spot and lane change - yeah, the Porsche lane change stuff isnt great. Turn it off and go from there. I hate that "burrrp, burrrp" thing. Other manufacturers do a better job here. Blind spot? Yeah, that works well for me and I like it. To be honest, I prefer the warning tone, but the light in the mirror works well. Had a couple of other cars with this and in comparison the Porsche system is pretty good (though I believe its an Audi feature first and then passed down to Porsche).
I think there are two things associated with auto hold: One is actual auto hold when you are on a hill and the car dosen't roll back when you stop and there is the other auto hold when you want just push the brake and the car stops entirely until you hit the gas pedal again. The one on the hill works well the other one on straight or any type of street requires pushing the brake pedal stronger and you see the green auto hold/brake sign. The second one is the function which works sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. I had it in much cheaper car and it always worked perfectly. The whole purpose of this function is that you dont have to push the brake all the time when you are on a red light. You just push it once and let it go.

The trunk button and folding mirror issue seem to be an ongoing issue with Macans. Very typical for Porsche that even when they are aware of issues, they pretend it is normal and carry the issue over years. It was the case for much bigger issues like IMS bearing of the 911s or still ongoing TC issues with Macans/Cayennes and it is the case with minor issues like this folding mirror issue of the Macan. You can't really adjust anything and it is independent of the key. It is just annoying. The first few times I came back to my car I panicked that I hadn't locked the car because the mirrors were still not folded. Now I know this is another (it is not a problem) issue of my Macan.

Old 08-18-2023, 10:29 PM
ram_g
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by john981
The one on the hill works well the other one on straight or any type of street requires pushing the brake pedal stronger and you see the green auto hold/brake sign.
Again, you do NOT activate this by “pushing the brake pedal stronger”. You activate it by a short sharp jab on the pedal, even if you’re already pressing the pedal down. Try that and report back.
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (08-18-2023)
Old 08-18-2023, 11:49 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by ram_g
Again, you do NOT activate this by “pushing the brake pedal stronger”. You activate it by a short sharp jab on the pedal, even if you’re already pressing the pedal down. Try that and report back.
It may be either. On my Cayman, I have to do the short, sharp jab. In my '21 Macan GTS, when I was already stopped, I could just press harder and it would engage the hold.
Old 08-28-2023, 12:56 PM
ByByBMW
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TikiLou
It may be either. On my Cayman, I have to do the short, sharp jab. In my '21 Macan GTS, when I was already stopped, I could just press harder and it would engage the hold.
Same with my base '23
Old 08-29-2023, 01:36 AM
john981
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by ram_g
You are right, it works now. I wish they would have done it like in the volvo when you push the brake and you fully stop, the auto hold kicks in. No crazy kicking or anything required. If you don't like it, you just turn it off with the button in the middle console.
The following users liked this post:
ram_g (08-29-2023)
Old 08-31-2023, 09:57 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 115 Posts

My only nit with the 2022 GTS has nothing to do with HOLD. I have issues with cleaning those vanity windows in the front and back that have dead zones you cannot reach. Not so much an issue when the car is new but as it gets older and films build up these will become a pain to clean.

Quick Reply: Things what don't work well on 23 Macan S