Macan 2014-Current

Aftermarket AMP (Musicar) + Component Protection Error

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2023, 05:37 PM
dsedov
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket AMP (Musicar) + Component Protection Error

I've bought stage 2 kit from Musicar for my 2020 Macan S. It is an amazing kit and Nick has been supportive in my troubleshooting (even offered to send me an original Bose Amp unit to test).
After I installed it, it ran for a few weeks and then one day I got an error "Component Protection Active. PCM availability restricted." This effectively disabled all music functionality (i.e. when I try to play radio or music via CarPlay - there is silence and ability to adjust volume is disabled) When I receive calls - everything works just fine. I went to a shop where I usually take my car to (not a dealer) to clear the error. They did, and the system worked for couple of weeks and now the error is back. I wonder if anyone had ever dealt with it. Nick says he has not encountered this problem with his particular kit (it replaces Bose amp in the trunk completely). Should I go to a dealer? I was almost ready to buy a PIWIS (not just to deal with this problem but just to have it for future, as I like to tinker with my cars)

Any ideas, suggestions?
Old 08-31-2023, 11:06 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by dsedov
I've bought stage 2 kit from Musicar for my 2020 Macan S. It is an amazing kit and Nick has been supportive in my troubleshooting (even offered to send me an original Bose Amp unit to test).
After I installed it, it ran for a few weeks and then one day I got an error "Component Protection Active. PCM availability restricted." This effectively disabled all music functionality (i.e. when I try to play radio or music via CarPlay - there is silence and ability to adjust volume is disabled) When I receive calls - everything works just fine. I went to a shop where I usually take my car to (not a dealer) to clear the error. They did, and the system worked for couple of weeks and now the error is back. I wonder if anyone had ever dealt with it. Nick says he has not encountered this problem with his particular kit (it replaces Bose amp in the trunk completely). Should I go to a dealer? I was almost ready to buy a PIWIS (not just to deal with this problem but just to have it for future, as I like to tinker with my cars)

Any ideas, suggestions?
Does the car think someone stole your original stock Bose amp and that is the reason for the error?

Quick Reply: Aftermarket AMP (Musicar) + Component Protection Error