Macan 2014-Current

Can't make my mind up on my build!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2023, 01:09 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Received 857 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by NickS
I went to the dealer yesterday to look at a new GTS that had the interior options on mine. 18 way seats are KILLER and the standard/default wheel is definitely the way to go for me. The hand position at 9 and 3 is better for me than the sport wheel and the standard wheel doesn't block any of the gauges. So glad I took the time to go look (and feel) the options I chose. My build freeze is this Friday so I'm comfortable with everything now.
Agree completely as to those two choices. The standard wheel might seem inferior to the other choices on the configurator but IMO it’s the most comfortable and functional choice for most people. As far as the seats, the name 18 way might imply they just have a little more adjustability than the other seat types. But that misses why they’re so special. It isn’t the adjustability it’s the way they contour to your body, appearance and Porsche coolness. If I named them I’d call them nirvana seats. If you’re gonna spring for a Porsche I’d really, seriously consider them.
Old 08-13-2023, 01:19 PM
NickS
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 59 Posts

The 18 way so comfy and super supportive I forgot to even play with all the seat settings.... lol
Also I couldn't tell the difference in the steering wheel diameter's just by feel. Other than the GT wheel being smaller in diameter and thicker where the thumb rests are I couldn't tell the difference. Oh... I will add that I liked the shiny bits on the standard steering wheel vs the all black and plastic looking of the GT wheel.

Quick Reply: Can't make my mind up on my build!