Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Macan S - Balance between comfort and sportieness

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2023, 12:38 AM
turbo power
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

My '23 Macan S brakes are fine but not as good as PSCBs...too much brake dust and stopping power is acceptable but lags a bit.....my Cayenne turbo PSCBs have a strong bite but as someone noted above, using the paddle shifters to downshift helps a lot ...the Macan's PDK shifts much faster than my turbo's auto transmission....once break-in period is complete, I will be using the paddle shifter regularly while braking

Last edited by turbo power; 08-07-2023 at 12:39 AM.
Old 08-07-2023, 01:29 AM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Received 554 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by turbo power
My '23 Macan S brakes are fine but not as good as PSCBs...too much brake dust and stopping power is acceptable but lags a bit.....my Cayenne turbo PSCBs have a strong bite but as someone noted above, using the paddle shifters to downshift helps a lot ...the Macan's PDK shifts much faster than my turbo's auto transmission....once break-in period is complete, I will be using the paddle shifter regularly while braking
You don't need to use the paddle shifters, in Sport and Sport+ the harder you are on the brakes, the more aggressively it will auto downshift. In Sport+ right to the edge of ABS and it will downshift to 5k+ RPM.

Quick Reply: Macan S - Balance between comfort and sportieness