35.85%
Only Ceramic Coating
21.70%
Only PPF
14.15%
None, don't need it
28.30%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Do you have Ceramic coating/ PPF or nothing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2023 | 03:15 PM
Basics
Advanced

Originally Posted by john981
Since I started this thread, I wanted to post pics with final results of my car. As mentioned earlier, I decided to go with ceramic coating only. I think my detailer did overall a good job (there were few minor things though I will have them correct). I wanted also do the PPF of the hood but the shop didn't have the 72 inch sheet in stock and didn't have open appointments for PPF in the upcoming weeks. This are the pictures 2 weeks after the coating. I had in the garage the entire time to cure the coating. I really like it and happy with my decision.

can you share your experience with the cost of ceramic and ppf as well? Just want set my expectations correct
Old 08-19-2023 | 03:41 PM
john981
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Basics
can you share your experience with the cost of ceramic and ppf as well? Just want set my expectations correct
Just ceramic coating with 7 year warranty was $1700. It is ceramic pro ion. They coated all painted and plastic area with two layer of their coating. Also coated all glass and wheel surface area with single coat. They did the luggage strip PPF for free. This is one of the more expensive shops in the area. Usually the same service is available for around 1300-1400. Just hood alone PPF would have been $1000.
Old 08-19-2023 | 03:55 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

PPF decision: on a Macan, it depends on how you're going to use it. If you're going to do roadtrips, camping, drive mildly off road, drive it rain or shine, you may want to get PPF. Doing partial was good enough for me. If it's an urban grocery getter, skip it. Ceramic? Always. If you don't want to spend a lot of money, do it yourself.

I did front fascia, hood, mirrors, pillars and lower part of the doors including the blades. I bought the car used and the lower part of the doors and blade were already pitting.

Quick Reply: Do you have Ceramic coating/ PPF or nothing?