Notices
Macan 2014-Current

2024 Macan GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2023 | 07:35 AM
alexm1982
Intermediate

Default 2024 Macan GTS

New to this forum and I’m moving from an X6 M50i to a Macan GTS. A local dealer has an August allocation available with delivery in late October, at MSRP. Everyone else nearby won’t even discuss building.

My build code is PR9ZJ2U0. Just wondering if I’m missing something. I live in the Northeast US if that makes a difference. Thank you!
Old 07-04-2023 | 09:11 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Hey there! Welcome to the forum and nice Macan GTS build! I think it looks great. And Gentian Blue is a STUNNING colour.

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PR9ZJ2U0

A couple of things I would consider:
1. INTERIOR PACKAGE Try on the configurator something with the Carmine Red stitching. With Gentian Blue it is, IMO, STUNNING
2. SEAT VENTILATION - this can be a nice option in a dark car in the hotter summer months
3. SOUND SYSTEM: I would quiery the forums for the audio quality of the BOSE system. It's typically, in my experience, not worth the $1000. Either go base, or go Burmester ($5700) as you are already in $100K range, who cares, right? And I do know that people LOVE the Burmester.
4. SOUND PROOFING - if you go with the Burmester, consider this.

Thoughts?

Old 07-04-2023 | 09:21 AM
alexm1982
Intermediate

1. I thought about the red, still undecided. I think the white matches the blue exterior better.
2. You can’t get seat ventilation with the GTS package. Seat ventilation in my X6 isn’t worth it and it barely works. Wife’s GLS 450 seat ventilation isn’t amazing either. Torn but leaning against it unless others have good experience.
3. I thought Burmester amp is on back order?
4. Sound proofing - I’m going to get a hardwired K40 laser interceptor and I’ve heard stories about this interfering with radar detector and fast lane pass.

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Hey there! Welcome to the forum and nice Macan GTS build! I think it looks great. And Gentian Blue is a STUNNING colour.

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PR9ZJ2U0

1. INTERIOR PACKAGE Try on the configurator something with the Carmine Red stitching. With Gentian Blue it is, IMO, STUNNING
2. SEAT VENTILATION - this can be a nice option in a dark car in the hotter summer months
3. SOUND SYSTEM: I would quiery the forums for the audio quality of the BOSE system. It's typically, in my experience, not worth the $1000. Either go base, or go Burmester ($5700) as you are already in $100K range, who cares, right? And I do know that people LOVE the Burmester.

Thoughts?
The following 2 users liked this post by alexm1982:
SnakeEyesB (07-05-2023), Zeus993 (07-04-2023)
Old 07-04-2023 | 09:39 AM
WillyDaP
Rennlist Member

Looks good and enjoy as your Build definitely has a strong, aggressive look! My wife loves the look of the black wheels and body treatment her Macan S does not have so we may be going for something similar to yours in the years to come. Great machines and the ride and drive is great. I don't find the sound deadening to be necessary, as the Macan is fairly quiet and it is easy to converse with your passengers. I would do some clear bra on the front just to protect the hood and front fascia, but these are just personal preferences.
Old 07-04-2023 | 09:42 AM
alexm1982
Intermediate

I just tried to rebuild without the GTS package to option the ventilated seats but it was more money and with cheaper rims. Are the ventilated seats worth it? My wife has a GLS 450 and my X6’s ventilated seats were unimpressive.
Old 07-04-2023 | 10:28 AM
alexm1982
Intermediate

Optioned ventilated seats without GTS package and a few more extras. Tough call.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRLUVZH0
Old 07-04-2023 | 11:53 AM
ddsRepTarga4S
Rennlist Member

im in NY/Nj area.. cooled seats def help when its steamy.. my personal opinion cause i got my car already built when i picked up that i would like the sport classic wheels

I got bose i barely use the music cause i always want to hear the car, crazy me..i got blue stiching, its subtle with blue seat belts and carbon package

Last edited by ddsRepTarga4S; 07-04-2023 at 11:55 AM.
Old 07-04-2023 | 12:05 PM
Shorlaw
AutoX

Good luck with the decisions, you'll keep second guessing until it's finally locked!

Very similar to my build which has completed manufacturing and waiting to get on a ship. I'm not a fan of cooled seats and Race-tex was a must have so for me it was easy decision.

PRAK34N0
Old 07-04-2023 | 12:32 PM
alexm1982
Intermediate

Can’t you get race-tex with vented seats? Just have to add the GTS options manually.

Originally Posted by Shorlaw
Good luck with the decisions, you'll keep second guessing until it's finally locked!

Very similar to my build which has completed manufacturing and waiting to get on a ship. I'm not a fan of cooled seats and Race-tex was a must have so for me it was easy decision.

PRAK34N0
Old 07-04-2023 | 12:51 PM
Shorlaw
AutoX

If you select either the GTS or GTS interior package (with Race-tex) and then select cooled seats it will make you switch to leather. I believe it has to do with the required perforation for the cooling.
Old 07-04-2023 | 12:54 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by alexm1982
Optioned ventilated seats without GTS package and a few more extras. Tough call.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRLUVZH0
I would definitely get the ventilated seats... I have a Macan GTS set for Euro delivery pickup in August and I did Gentian Blue with full leather + Gentian stitching. IMO the Alcantara is nice but better suited to a GT car. If you're in an area that gets warm/hot the ventilated seats are mandatory.

Your build looks great, similar to mine but you've added a bunch of the Assistance systems that I personally don't want or need. Be aware the heated windshield has a purple/orange-ish tint to it that I don't like. You might want to look for pics to decide if it works for you.
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (07-04-2023)
Old 07-04-2023 | 02:23 PM
NickS
Rennlist Member

My 2 cents.... I've had Race-Tex in previous cars and the nice thing about RT is it's cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. As much as I would love to have cooled seats it's not a deal killer for me because I've personally had this setup before. BOSE is worth the $1k over base stereo IMO.

Last edited by NickS; 07-04-2023 at 05:56 PM.
Old 07-04-2023 | 05:53 PM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zeus993
Just wanted to add a +1 for ventilated seats - I would never order another Porsche without them (I know you said you can't because of the GTS package, but if you change your interior spec, get the ventilated seats...they're great!)

Also, I disagree about the Bose...it's way better than the base stereo. I think Burmester may be a big delay in the Macan right now, so I skipped it.
Old 07-04-2023 | 07:21 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Nice build. I have a Race-Tex roof liner in black in my 992 and it isn’t really visible compared to the standard black material in my Cayenne. So I passed on it for my Macan GTS. As to ventilated seats, after coming from a car with weak seat ventilation, my 2020 Cayenne came with it as part of a package. I didn’t even turn it on during the first warm season. The next year I turned it on by mistake. Different ball game with excellent cool flow. It’s like AC directly applied to your backside. Same effect in my 992. It comes on quickly, If you regularly enter a hot car in the summer you’ll love it.

As to Bose, it depends what you listen to and your ear/experience/expectations. I haven’t heard it in a Macan but it’s in my other Porsches. It’s muddy with bass, shrill at the high end but pretty good in the middle. I ordered it for the Macan, if I don’t like it, there’s a vendor who posts on Rennlist that sells an easy to install upgrade package for less than the Burmeister option and supposedly as good or better.

As to seat stitching, while of course it’s a personal preference thing, blue or red stitching really makes the interior pop, much moreso than oyster. I specced blue with black leather and a silver exterior. Like the wheels. With the low/no dust GTS brake pads I’m going black. Black wheels matter. I also like the glossed accents with Gentian Blue which is a great color for a Macan GTS.

Last edited by Russian Mafia; 07-04-2023 at 07:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
TikiLou (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023 | 12:35 AM
boyce89976
Instructor

Nice!

I've had ventilated seats in a couple X5's and an Acura and the ventilated seats in my '23 Macan S are outstanding in comparison. On a recent trip, with a 90+ degree ambient temp, and ventilated seats on the lowest setting, crawling through Chicago traffic (3 hours to go 60 miles) I was able to run the AC at 74* and eventually went to 76* once it got dark.

Also, I'm happy with the Bose system, and I would consider myself somewhat an audiophile (musician with a lot of money invested in my 2-channel and home theatre systems. The only complaint I have is that the lower treble gets a little harsh when the volume gets up past 1/2 way (lossless audio file via USB).

Quick Reply: 2024 Macan GTS