Notices
Macan 2014-Current

2024 Macan GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2023 | 02:52 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Russian Mafia
As to Bose, it depends what you listen to and your ear/experience/expectations. I haven’t heard it in a Macan but it’s in my other Porsches. It’s muddy with bass, shrill at the high end but pretty good in the middle. I ordered it for the Macan, if I don’t like it, there’s a vendor who posts on Rennlist that sells an easy to install upgrade package for less than the Burmeister option and supposedly as good or better..
The Bose in my '21 Macan GTS was MUCH better than the one in my '22 Cayman GTS 4.0. Night and day. Hoping the Bose in the '24 Macan GTS is at least as good.
The following users liked this post:
Russian Mafia (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023 | 11:50 AM
SnakeEyesB
Intermediate

My wife had to have seat ventilation in her car and would not even consider anything without it. We got it and she doesn't ever put it on, as she doesn't like the sound that it makes and the sensation. I'm okay with it, as there are times that I find it somewhat helpful, but there are also plenty of times where I don't even notice that it's on. Having cooled seats also makes them firmer, which should be factored into the decision.

At this point, when it comes to seat cooling, we are both in the "take it or leave it" camp.
TikiLou (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023 | 11:54 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SnakeEyesB
My wife had to have seat ventilation in her car and would not even consider anything without it. We got it and she doesn't ever put it on, as she doesn't like the sound that it makes and the sensation. I'm okay with it, as there are times that I find it somewhat helpful, but there are also plenty of times where I don't even notice that it's on. Having cooled seats also makes them firmer, which should be factored into the decision.

At this point, when it comes to seat cooling, we are both in the "take it or leave it" camp.
I've seen that comment about the ventilated seats being firmer come up a lot but haven't noticed it to be true IRL. I think that may have started in the past when you got non-perforated leather seats if you didn't get ventilated seats, but now the leather is perforated whether your seats are ventilated or not, so I don't think there's any real difference. I've driven Macans and Caymans with and without and haven't noticed any difference in the firmness.
Russian Mafia (07-05-2023)
Old 07-05-2023 | 12:04 PM
SnakeEyesB
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TikiLou
I've seen that comment about the ventilated seats being firmer come up a lot but haven't noticed it to be true IRL. I think that may have started in the past when you got non-perforated leather seats if you didn't get ventilated seats, but now the leather is perforated whether your seats are ventilated or not, so I don't think there's any real difference. I've driven Macans and Caymans with and without and haven't noticed any difference in the firmness.
I don't think that perforation affects the resulting firmness. The usual explanation that I am used to seeing is that cooled seats are firmer because they have to house the venting mechanism underneath.

For what it's worth: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1195...entilated.html

As for the question of the base stereo vs. Bose, I do prefer Bose, but also think that it really depends on how you use your sound system.

Last edited by SnakeEyesB; 07-05-2023 at 05:52 PM.
Old 07-05-2023 | 01:45 PM
Russian Mafia
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TikiLou
I remember the above cited thread as I was speccing my 992 at the time but couldn’t feel a difference in firmness after trying seats with and without. I tested Cayennes too and couldn’t feel a difference there either. If there is a difference I couldn’t sense it. It’s possible I have an insensitive butt, my gf tells me I can be insensitive. I’m often amazed at how often bright, perceptive folks have such diverging opinions on all things Porsche…well all things in life.
Old 07-05-2023 | 06:07 PM
Ron.s
Pro

Originally Posted by NickS
My 2 cents.... I've had Race-Tex in previous cars and the nice thing about RT is it's cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. As much as I would love to have cooled seats it's not a deal killer for me because I've personally had this setup before. BOSE is worth the $1k over base stereo IMO.
My wife’s 2018 Audi SQ5 has Alcantera/Race Tex seats and this is a fact. Not only are they temperature tolerant but they still show no wear. I’ve been after her to update her car but she won’t do it. My last 3 cars have all had issues vs hers with none…hard to argue with that logic.
Old 07-07-2023 | 10:58 PM
alexm1982
Intermediate

So I ordered the GTS but the allocation month got bumped to October and delivery won’t be until December. What do most people do in cold weather climates - get a separate 20” winter wheel set up or leave the all season tires on. Are the summer tires any good? I’ve heard stories about people getting Pirellis. New build code is PRKB1EI5. I basically put everything in this build, except for the GTS package.

Coming from a BMW, I’ll have to get used to not having a digital dash and no heads up display. Kind of weird the Macan is the only car that doesn’t have those options.

Last edited by alexm1982; 07-07-2023 at 11:17 PM.
Old 07-08-2023 | 12:05 AM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by alexm1982
What do most people do in cold weather climates - get a separate 20” winter wheel set up or leave the all season tires on. Are the summer tires any good?
If you're in an area that gets snow definitely a separate 20" winter wheels + tires setup. The Michelin PA5 is an excellent option and it should be easy to find 20" GTS replica wheels for winter use.

Also from your build, you should remove the Air Suspension option (+10mm)... the GTS comes standard with air suspension set at a lower level. That option just specs the air suspension from the Macan S so it raises it up higher for no reason.

Old 07-08-2023 | 12:50 AM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Looking at the build code now. I like the Gentian Blue with the GTS interior with Sport Package with Chalk stitching with the dark blue exterior color. I took deliver 4 weeks ago of my car with the GTS interior with Sport Package and really like the RaceTex seats and don’t miss the ventilated seats, as I had in my 2015 Macan Turbo, Cayenne and Taycan. The RaceTex is cooler to the touch vs leather.

if you’re in the North East and will have passengers in the rear, the heated back seats are cheap and worth the money.

Good job on deleting the roof rails. Unless you need them, IMHO they ruin the body lines of the Macan.

I am not a fan of the Carbon Fiber steering wheel. Having seen it in person, it looks like someone glued or taped the trim to the steering wheel. I prefer the GT wheel in plain black.

Surround view and Bose are good and worth the money.

Had the ionizer in my Taycan and never saw the value. Might want to consider painting the brakes high gloss black to compliment the black GTS trim. I did this and love the look in the flesh.

Great build!
Old 07-08-2023 | 05:36 AM
Llarry
Advanced

Your build looks great! I noted that you spec'd the carbon gas cap; almost two years ago I bought one (genuine Porsche from China) on eBay for 1/3 the option price, but I checked just now and they have apparently cracked down on black market carbon gas cap sales. Since I live in Oregon where you can't pump your own gas, I decided after receipt to not install it and sold it at about what I paid. It's a pity that good deal went away.
Old 07-08-2023 | 06:41 AM
alexm1982
Intermediate

I live in Massachusetts so we can still pump our own gas. With an October allocation, it should be easy to change things. I have 2 small kids, so the rear heated seats will be a waste with 2 car seats unfortunately.

I’ll eliminate air suspension, and add summer tires. It’s too bad I won’t take delivery until December but I can’t complain getting MSRP when a few other dealers were offering $5K over sticker.
Old 07-08-2023 | 09:03 AM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think you can eliminate air suspension on the GTS.
Llarry (07-08-2023)
Old 07-08-2023 | 09:14 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Gentian with black accents is one my favorite combos.
Skip ventilated seats and go with RaceTex. I live in a FL like climate and have a black interior. My cabin is surprisingly cool.
Keep the light stitching. Looks perfect.
Old 07-08-2023 | 10:16 AM
Nickshu
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carrera-T
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think you can eliminate air suspension on the GTS.
You cannot but there are 2 options...stock ride height and +10mm ride height. I believe both still lower down in Sport+ or above a certain highway speed, unsure if they lower to the same level or not.
Old 07-08-2023 | 05:16 PM
Vise
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nickshu
You cannot but there are 2 options...stock ride height and +10mm ride height. I believe both still lower down in Sport+ or above a certain highway speed, unsure if they lower to the same level or not.
The default GTS air suspension is 10mm lower in all settings vs the air suspension option available on the Macan S. Have no idea why they offer this as an option on the GTS given it comes standard with the GTS version of the air suspension.

Quick Reply: 2024 Macan GTS