Macan 2014-Current

2024 Macan GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 12:13 AM
wwahl
Pro

Received 138 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by LMC
Your build looks great! I noted that you spec'd the carbon gas cap; almost two years ago I bought one (genuine Porsche from China) on eBay for 1/3 the option price, but I checked just now and they have apparently cracked down on black market carbon gas cap sales. Since I live in Oregon where you can't pump your own gas, I decided after receipt to not install it and sold it at about what I paid. It's a pity that good deal went away.
A bill just got passed in Oregon allowing self pumped gas. Did the governor sign it?
Old 07-09-2023, 05:55 AM
Llarry
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I haven't heard -- gotta check that out!
Old 07-10-2023, 12:05 AM
alexm1982
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

A couple more questions about the build:
1. If I delete the side blade GTS in red, does it default to black?
2. Bose vs burmester? I mainly listen to podcasts and music through Apple CarPlay.
3. thermal/sound insulated glass - anyone have a radar detector hardwired and installed inside of the car? In my past 2 cars, I’ve had a K40 laser interceptor installed and it is always installed behind the dash, so the glass won’t get in the way. Also, can I not tint my front windows with that glass?
Old 07-10-2023, 12:25 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by alexm1982
2. Bose vs burmester? I mainly listen to podcasts and music through Apple CarPlay.
3. thermal/sound insulated glass - anyone have a radar detector hardwired and installed inside of the car? In my past 2 cars, I’ve had a K40 laser interceptor installed and it is always installed behind the dash, so the glass won’t get in the way. Also, can I not tint my front windows with that glass?
1 - The Configurator should answer that question (I believe the answer is yes)
2 - Bose will be just fine for that
3 - Many people report issues with the TNIG - seems like more trouble than it's worth
Old 07-10-2023, 01:43 PM
solts
Instructor

Received 120 Likes on 63 Posts

As others have mentioned, you'd want to remove the raised PASM option. The GTS comes with PASM air suspension stock - all that checking that option box does is jack up the standard height another 10mm to match the S. It's a downgrade TBH. I have the Bose in in mine and it's perfectly fine - if I ever do decide to upgrade I can go to my local shop and get it all done for less than the cost of the Burmeister option. Agreed on the termally insulated glass as well - it's mostly headaches and the interior noise with the standard glass seems perfectly fine to me
Old 07-13-2023, 02:16 PM
spyderdoc
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

I just tried to rebuild without the GTS package to option the ventilated seats but it was more money and with cheaper rims. Are the ventilated seats worth it? My wife has a GLS 450 and my X6’s ventilated seats were unimpressive.
I went from 2018 X5 with ventilated seats to a Macan GTS with ventilated seats. The ventilated seats in the X5 are horrible and can't even notice that they are there. The Macan's ventilated seats are definitely way better. Highly recommend.
The following 2 users liked this post by spyderdoc:
alexm1982 (07-13-2023), dak911 (07-14-2023)
Old 07-23-2023, 06:41 PM
bbal
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Another gts…

Hey out there I’m new to the Macan. Not sure whether to start another thread but I’ve got this build on the way for November delivery. From reading above I should get rid of the air suspension option. Coming from an X5M I’m looking forward to this size including the downsize. This is mostly my wife’s car. Question about the brakes: seems like it’ll be nice to have less dust and the red definitely did not go with this color so that’s another reason I went with the option. But are they way more expensive to replace? Should I just get them as they come and get them painted? Thanks!
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRKM5CB1

Last edited by bbal; 07-23-2023 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-23-2023, 06:54 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 333 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by bbal
Hey out there I’m new to the Macan. Not sure whether to start another thread but I’ve got this build on the way for November delivery. From reading above I should get rid of the air suspension option. Coming from an X5M I’m looking forward to this size including the downsize. This is mostly my wife’s car. Question about the brakes: seems like it’ll be nice to have less dust and the red definitely did not go with this color so that’s another reason I went with the option. But are they way more expensive to replace? Should I just get them as they come and get them painted? Thanks!
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRKM5CB1
Yes, definitely drop the 'Air Suspension Raised 10mm' option as the GTS comes standard with the GTS specific Air Suspension.
Old 07-23-2023, 11:12 PM
boyce89976
Instructor

Received 92 Likes on 65 Posts

Not sure on #1, but there should be an option to delete the model designation on the side blade if you don't want it on there.

I have Bose in my Macan S, and I'd consider myself an "audiophile-light". All of my Apple Music is high-res, or lossless, and the Bose system sounds just fine. Keep in mind, you're in a car, which is never an ideal listening environment, unless you're going to sit in your garage with the car off to listen to your music.

I don't have thermal/insulated glass so I can't compare, but I've never thought wind noise/road noise was out of line. My cabin get's hot with the sunroof shade retracted (black interior) but no more than I'd expect it too.

Quick Reply: 2024 Macan GTS