Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Tire Condition when buying CPO

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2023, 01:32 PM
///Bruce
Pro

Received 143 Likes on 111 Posts

Here’s where the issue comes: if you buy a BRAND NEW vehicle and you have a problem with a tire(s), the dealer is out of the loop. You must contact the tire manufacturer. Not the dealer.

However, this is a CPO! NOW the issue is between the dealership and you. The dealership certified that Macan. And that now includes the tires. It’s part of the CPO process.
Old 02-19-2023, 03:03 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by Nickshu
I think the CPO checklist just has a wear measurement on the tires. My 2018 Panamera CPO bought in 2022 had original tires because of low milage. I asked about the tires being aged out and was told that's not a CPO renewal requirement. Subsequently a sidewall bubbled out on one of them 2 months later.
Then again the CPO checklist I was given said they flushed the brake fluid...I flushed it myself after getting the car and it was clearly not done given the color of the fluid. Point being the attention to detail on CPO appears not to be what we all think it is.
Eventually people will realize that the dealer has absolutely no incentive to even glance at that checklist. Why should they make trouble for themselves? If they had judged the tires to be out of CPO spec, they would have had to pay for replacing them. 99 out of 100 buyes would never have noticed or cared.

And replace the brake fluid? On their nickel?

Old 10-18-2023, 02:26 PM
CaptMorg82
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just traded in my 2006 Boxster S for a 2018 CPO Cayenne base model. Like many before me, I needed the practicality. I noticed while inspecting the vehicle that the tires were going to need replacement soon and acknowledged that in my head. But I failed to bring it up during the negotiation process (fatigue/hunger and late on a Saturday night!). They probably passed the tread test, but once I got the vehicle home I looked at the manufacture date of the tires and they are 3717. Just over the 6 year mark. According to the CPO inspection sheets I've seen they are supposed to be replaced. I've reached out to ask about that. I would hope they replace them in good faith. The buyer assumes that the things on the CPO Inspection Checklist are actually done. Otherwise what am I supposed to do, go through and do the whole inspection myself? What's the point of CPO then?

They are supposed to supply me with the second key that was missing (which was discussed in the purchasing process), so hopefully they will add this to the list of things that they should cover.
Old 10-18-2023, 05:16 PM
CaptMorg82
6th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well in my case, they did acknowledge that the tires were supposed to be replaced to qualify it as CPO. So they are going to replace them no charge.
The following 2 users liked this post by CaptMorg82:
///Bruce (10-19-2023), chassis (10-18-2023)
Old 10-19-2023, 09:45 AM
nevil
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 56 Posts

Hopefully when you discussed the missing key it was put in writing.

Quick Reply: Tire Condition when buying CPO