Macan 2014-Current

Macan headlights always on in Auto mode

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2023, 10:25 PM
nuclear
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Macan headlights always on in Auto mode

The main headlights of my Macan always stay on when I set them to AUTO mode (I have xenon lights). The same goes for the speedometer panel, which is always lit, independently from the time and sunlight.

If I set the headlights to OFF, then the headlights go off, and the 4-point daytime lights go on. Again, the same goes for the panel, which also turns off when I set the headlights to OFF.

Thus, I need to switch manually if I want to turn off the headlights and use the DRLs.

If I understand correctly, the light sensor window is behind the rearview mirror base, against the windshield. So, if the windshield is clean, the sensor should also be clear.

I also checked outdoor and on sunny days, not just in the garage or with reduced light. My previous Macan would likely switch to the DRLs with the same lightning and weather conditions.

Is there something I am missing, or could it be some sensor issue? Would it be difficult/expensive to fix?
Old 02-04-2023, 10:59 PM
Ricky Rocket
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

It’s likely to be a bad sensor. Will it be expensive? It is a Porsche.
Old 02-04-2023, 11:32 PM
nuclear
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ricky Rocket
It’s likely to be a bad sensor. Will it be expensive? It is a Porsche.
Let’s replace “expensive” with “something likely difficult to spot even after thousands dollars of labor and replacements”, instead of just something that I could likely have easily replaced at the next service.

Last edited by nuclear; 02-04-2023 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:26 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,445 Likes on 4,107 Posts

Your windshield isn't tinted by chance is it? Shine a light from the outside directly at the sensor and see it turns off the lights.

Quick Reply: Macan headlights always on in Auto mode