Notices
Macan 2014-Current
View Poll Results: What do you think about Porsche Dealerships using ADM on Macans?
Reasonable.
9.38%
Unreasonable.
34.38%
Greedy and Detrimental to the Brand.
56.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

2021 Macan Prices

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2021, 02:51 PM
carrera4esq
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 21 Posts

Seems this topic has hit a nerve in a few forum members. Of course price gouging is "greedy and amoral" under certain circumstances for necessary human needs.
However, Adm on Porsche's being "amoral," really?
We are talking luxury goods here. Buy it or don't buy it, the market is what it is.
Besides, Porsche adm's as a percentage of the msrp in the current environment are actually quite reasonable. Take a look at the adm's as a percentage of their msrp on the Raptor, Bronco, EV mustang, c8 corvette, etc. Take a look at Rolex prices. These are truly ridiculous!
They are not amoral - maybe greedy. Though it is possible these prices are necessary for these businesses to stay afloat. I really don't want to drive 100 miles to my Porsche dealership for a service because they went out of business.
Personally I have never paid above msrp on anything. That is not to say I would never do it if it makes financial sense. After all, you can't take it with you and I'm not getting any younger.
Lastly, the adm's are actually significantly contributing to the appreciation of pre-owned Porsche's. So current Porsche owners who are happy with their current Porsche actually may want to celebrate the adm's. If they want to purchase a new one, their trade in values are much higher, thus cushioning some of the blow.
The following 2 users liked this post by carrera4esq:
Paul125 (10-27-2021), TikiLou (10-24-2021)
Old 10-25-2021, 04:02 PM
Dubber
Rennlist Member

Received 714 Likes on 219 Posts

Did you consider getting a 2022? I'm about to order the new Macan S which will be getting the 2021 GTS engine.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:23 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 297 Likes on 197 Posts

Half of the Porsche dealerships in SoCal that I have contacted are adding ADMs, especially on the Macan GTS. We live in a free-capitalist country (not for long) but I'll remember to avoid those stealerships when I am ready to order P-cars in the future. Everybody has an opinion and an a-hole... I get. I sort of understand stealerships adding ADMs on high end specialty cars but not on their bread 'n butter entry level cars such as the Macan. Reminds me of gas stations that price gouged consumers after a natural disaster.
As for the 2022 models, yes, the new S is the old GTS and the new GTS is the old Turbo. I'm hoping to get an allocation for the new GTS. Looking good so far.
Old 10-25-2021, 05:37 PM
MrMarco
Pro

Received 111 Likes on 83 Posts

Sure, even I can get you a Cadillac for the right number. I could buy up every LOL Movie Magic set on the shelves, hold them for another month and make $25-100 each. One could have a promotion where individuals sell product to recruited investors who then seek out other investors who pay for my initial investment, and so on, and so on. Wait, maybe I could park 140 Billion worth of goods just off the sores of L.A. and wait until people are desperate enough to pay 15-20% more for them.

“ruthless self–seeking and an arrogant assumption that others and things exist for one's own benefit.” .

Quick Reply: 2021 Macan Prices