Notices
Macan 2014-Current
View Poll Results: What do you think about Porsche Dealerships using ADM on Macans?
Reasonable.
9.38%
Unreasonable.
34.38%
Greedy and Detrimental to the Brand.
56.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

2021 Macan Prices

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2021 | 06:50 AM
Dkk16
Racer

Default 2021 Macan Prices

I’m shopping for a new Macan S , possibly GTS for my wife. I know all dealerships have minimal inventory at best, some more than others.

Of the 10 Porsche Dealerships I spoke with the past week, 8 understandably are selling Macans for MSRP, and 2 are selling with $10K ADM (additional dealer markup). My go to dealer Porsche Chandler (Az) stated they will only do ADM on GT3 and GT2 RS out of respect for their clientele not to take advantage of them during the Automobile shortage. I know they have been using ADM’s on specialty cars for years.

What does that say that PCNA allows dealerships to add ADM on their nest selling, entry level Porsche?

Fair or Foul??

Last edited by Dkk16; 10-21-2021 at 09:56 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Dubber (10-25-2021)
Old 10-21-2021 | 10:02 AM
MrMarco
Pro

Originally Posted by Dkk16
...My go to dealer Porsche Chandler (Az) stated they will only do ADM on GT3 and GT2 RS out of respect for their clientele not to take advantage of them during the Automobile shortage...
Now that ^ is humor. Never EVER trust a dealer. They are one of the lowest forms of humanity. The only thing worse than a car dealer resides in Washington's District of Criminals.
MAcans17 (11-04-2021)
Old 10-21-2021 | 10:49 AM
rino924
Instructor

Despite the auto shortages, I am starting to shop base Macans. I would much rather an S or GTS but would have to go CPO. Being a daily and already having my 911, I don't need two fast ones. I think I would prefer a new 2021 base for the tech vs a 2018 CPO for the same/similar price.

How do the Porsche dealers deal on base models? Seems like they would have significantly less demand.

I ordered and bought a 2021 4Runner Pro this summer and have put close to 4k miles on it. Trade values are darn close to base Macans with the premium plus package.

Last edited by rino924; 10-21-2021 at 10:50 AM.
Old 10-21-2021 | 12:17 PM
Dkk16
Racer

Originally Posted by MrMarco
Now that ^ is humor. Never EVER trust a dealer. They are one of the lowest forms of humanity. The only thing worse than a car dealer resides in Washington's District of Criminals.
To this point.. It is accurate. It’s not a matter of trusting. It’s black and white.

Having said that, everything is done at arms length without blind trust.

On the other hand most dealerships have some slim-shadey in them, some more than others. Some are absolute roaches. I had a Porsche 911 transaction last year I needed to retain an attorney because the Broker tried a fast one.

I sold new trucks at a Chevrolet dealership for 2 months in college. It was an eye opener! I learned a ton about people and the automobile industry. It wasn’t for me.

Last edited by Dkk16; 10-21-2021 at 12:22 PM.
MrMarco (10-23-2021)
Old 10-23-2021 | 01:42 AM
carrera4esq
Instructor

Every business has numerous fixed costs - rent, utilities, employees, permits, credit card fees, regulatory fees, taxes, upkeep and the list goes on. All of these costs increase every year regardless.
Every business also has a business model which has a profit margin reflecting it's historical costs taking into account supply and demand. The purpose of any business is to make a profit. Period.
Presently, there is a massive disruption in the supply chain which is causing many businesses including auto dealers to have massively decreased supply. Meanwhile the dealership's fixed costs are ever increasing. It seems obvious with less cars to sell, the prices must increase in order for the dealership to stay in business and make a profit.
This is economics 101.
Noone is required to purchase a Porsche. We are not discussing access to the cure for cancer here. A Porsche is a luxury relatively few people are lucky enough (through hard work or otherwise) to afford.
Buy it or don't buy it. But complaining about prices above manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price is pathetic. Especially considering the economic status of most people with the ability to afford and maintain a Porsche.
I will get off my soap box now as it seems obvious I am a small business owner.
The following 2 users liked this post by carrera4esq:
Terry Adams (10-24-2021), TikiLou (10-24-2021)
Old 10-23-2021 | 09:06 AM
MrMarco
Pro

Originally Posted by carrera4esq
Every business has numerous fixed costs - rent, utilities, employees, permits, credit card fees, regulatory fees, taxes, upkeep and the list goes on. All of these costs increase every year regardless.
Every business also has a business model which has a profit margin reflecting it's historical costs taking into account supply and demand. The purpose of any business is to make a profit. Period.
Presently, there is a massive disruption in the supply chain which is causing many businesses including auto dealers to have massively decreased supply. Meanwhile the dealership's fixed costs are ever increasing. It seems obvious with less cars to sell, the prices must increase in order for the dealership to stay in business and make a profit.
This is economics 101.
Noone is required to purchase a Porsche. We are not discussing access to the cure for cancer here. A Porsche is a luxury relatively few people are lucky enough (through hard work or otherwise) to afford.
Buy it or don't buy it. But complaining about prices above manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price is pathetic. Especially considering the economic status of most people with the ability to afford and maintain a Porsche.
F&I much? what dealer do you work at?
Old 10-23-2021 | 07:11 PM
Dkk16
Racer

This is economics 101.
We’re not pathetic, you’re pathetic, Francis. 😎. Re-read the OP statement. As a business owner customers don’t care about the problems of the business.

Sometimes you eat the bar, sometimes the bar eats you. It’s about generating and keeping repeat customers and keeping a positive affiliation in the community.

Last edited by Dkk16; 10-23-2021 at 07:15 PM.
Blu311 (10-26-2021)
Old 10-23-2021 | 09:36 PM
carrera4esq
Instructor

Who is Francis?
Old 10-23-2021 | 10:47 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Who is Francis?
The following 3 users liked this post by luv2sleep:
Blu311 (10-26-2021), hammergjh (10-25-2021), TikiLou (10-24-2021)
Old 10-23-2021 | 10:57 PM
carrera4esq
Instructor

Got it!!
I actually knew that back in the day. Haven't seen that movie in years.
Very funny 😄
Old 10-24-2021 | 03:07 AM
jkirkerx
Intermediate

It’s just supply and demand. Porsche determines how many units they can build, based on chips, steel, and now magnesium to produce high strength aluminum parts which is down to a 3 month inventory in Europe. Then the dealer gets their allocation of these projected units that can be built and delivered.

You walk in to a Porsche dealer to purchase a new or used car, and ask for the price and their going to tack on $10K to sell an allocated unit. If your serious you accept it, if not you walk away and that saves the dealer the hassle of too many buyers and not enough cars.

no such thing as infinite supply anymore, and supplies are precious now. I sell online and I worry about getting barcode labels, card board boxes, poly bags. I have to buy 5x the amount now in case I can’t get them for 3 months. So I had to raise the prices 6% to cover the added expenses. It cost $20K now just to get an empty container to ship your stuff in. A order from Vietnam or Korea use to take 30 days and now it’s 4 to 8 months.

that’s just how it it is right now. I can see a dealer sell 100 cars this month, and not deliver them till April 2022. And then it’s crunch time to prep those 100 cars and get them out the door. Plus they don’t get paid till you sign for for the car. The $10K just holds them over for the month.

maybe if you cut a better deal, like put 25% down up front today, that will give the dealer some working capital until the delivery date. I would take that deal today if I was the dealer, and waive some of the markup.
The following 2 users liked this post by jkirkerx:
MAcans17 (11-04-2021), TikiLou (10-24-2021)
Old 10-24-2021 | 03:17 AM
Dkk16
Racer

Who is Francis?
The OG

Old 10-24-2021 | 09:34 AM
Dkk16
Racer

Originally Posted by jkirkerx
It’s just supply and demand. Porsche determines how many units they can build, based on chips, steel, and now magnesium to produce high strength aluminum parts which is down to a 3 month inventory in Europe. Then the dealer gets their allocation of these projected units that can be built and delivered.

You walk in to a Porsche dealer to purchase a new or used car, and ask for the price and their going to tack on $10K to sell an allocated unit. If your serious you accept it, if not you walk away and that saves the dealer the hassle of too many buyers and not enough cars.

no such thing as infinite supply anymore, and supplies are precious now. I sell online and I worry about getting barcode labels, card board boxes, poly bags. I have to buy 5x the amount now in case I can’t get them for 3 months. So I had to raise the prices 6% to cover the added expenses. It cost $20K now just to get an empty container to ship your stuff in. A order from Vietnam or Korea use to take 30 days and now it’s 4 to 8 months.

that’s just how it it is right now. I can see a dealer sell 100 cars this month, and not deliver them till April 2022. And then it’s crunch time to prep those 100 cars and get them out the door. Plus they don’t get paid till you sign for for the car. The $10K just holds them over for the month.

maybe if you cut a better deal, like put 25% down up front today, that will give the dealer some working capital until the delivery date. I would take that deal today if I was the dealer, and waive some of the markup.
You made some excellent points. I don’t want to go into it much further, you either agree or not. I wasn’t complaining just making an observation and expounded on it.

Old 10-24-2021 | 10:22 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Dealers can charge whatever they want, under or over MSRP. People will either buy them or they won't at those prices. I don't think PCNA is going to complain about increased demand for their product.

The only thing that I think is truly shady is when somebody has a deal in writing from their dealer and then when the car arrives, the dealer tries to get ADM for the car. That's just B.S. (and probably illegal, but I'm not an attorney)
Old 10-24-2021 | 10:42 AM
MrMarco
Pro

Whether the act is legal or not, price gouging is GREED and Amoral. People who participate in taking advantage of an economic crisis for unwarranted financial gains, no matter how much the buyer makes a year, aren't smart capitalist's they're rapacious, selfish and EVIL. These are the same folks who you'll see pitching the hottest toys for Christmas which they hold exclusively in their warehouse.
Want to make a REAL difference in the world name these over charging scoundrel's here so we can avoid dealing with them in the first place. Next time you want a part or modification for your car?... search one of the great business who sponsors Rennlist NEVER EVER TRUST A DEALER

Quick Reply: 2021 Macan Prices