Macan 2014-Current

Leather Interior vs Standard Interior

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2022 | 01:32 PM
spraguedawley
Racer

Originally Posted by summacognos
Hello,

Anybody have any thoughts on the Leather Interior package vs Standard Interior decision? Is the additional leather you gain in the Leather Interior Package worth the $1,870?
You are going to spend a lot of time inside the cabin looking at the interior. I suggest you option it the most you can afford to. There is no substitute for the visual detail that leather brings to the car, especially on the dash, vs plastic. It makes it seem legit luxury, especially if you throw in deviated stitching. I went extended black leather with papaya stitching and I absolutely drool every time I get in the car. Recently test drove a cayenne with standard interior and I just cannot see spending close to 100K on a car with plastic dash board. Made it seem cheap. At least go with the upgrade to get the dash in leather. Just my opinion. Others will disagree.
The following users liked this post:
Terry Adams (04-05-2022)
Old 04-05-2022 | 01:43 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by spraguedawley
You are going to spend a lot of time inside the cabin looking at the interior. I suggest you option it the most you can afford to. There is no substitute for the visual detail that leather brings to the car, especially on the dash, vs plastic. It makes it seem legit luxury, especially if you throw in deviated stitching. I went extended black leather with papaya stitching and I absolutely drool every time I get in the car. Recently test drove a cayenne with standard interior and I just cannot see spending close to 100K on a car with plastic dash board. Made it seem cheap. At least go with the upgrade to get the dash in leather. Just my opinion. Others will disagree.
+1

I'm reading this trying to remember when I wrote it

Same exact point of view and why all my Porsches have the full leather option.
Old 04-05-2022 | 05:42 PM
KM20Turbo
Instructor

If you’re on a budget, prioritize all the performance options over adding leather.

Having said that, it makes the interior look much more refined so get it if it’s affordable and you plan to keep the car for a while.

Quick Reply: Leather Interior vs Standard Interior