Notices
Macan 2014-Current

2021 GTS Options

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 09:46 PM
summacognos
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks so much for the feedback thus far; it has been immensely helpful. Anybody go with the Leather Interior in Black with Stitching in Carmine Red or Chalk? Seems like it may be a good idea to break up the solid black interior, but it is a bit flashy.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:06 PM
Jellybean
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

I am a big fan of the deviated stitching.

On my first GTS, it was carmine red outside with the carmine red GTS interior package. I picked the Alcantara 18 way seats. I loved the little bit of the pop of red on the inside.

When the first one was totaled after being rear ended, I built a 2021 GTS, this time in Mamba Green and spent the money for the full leather interior and added the deviated stitching in Mamba Green and I personally love it. For 2021 I couldn’t buy the GTS interior package with the premium package so I had to change things up a bit because I wanted what was included in the premium package and I wanted the deviated stitching. I have to say I have more things with the green stitching than what I got with the interior package.

This lighting doesn’t do the beautiful green stitching justice.

Again the pop of green with the all black/carbon fiber interior looks fantastic, and it makes my heart happy each time I am sitting in the car driving and I see the green.

I did like the Alcantara seats, but this time I am glad I went with the full leather interior in black.
The following users liked this post:
summacognos (12-21-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 11:11 PM
Jellybean
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by summacognos
Thanks so much for the feedback thus far; it has been immensely helpful. Anybody go with the Leather Interior in Black with Stitching in Carmine Red or Chalk? Seems like it may be a good idea to break up the solid black interior, but it is a bit flashy.
The little bit of red or chalk will not be flashy!

Chalk was my back up color if I didn’t like the mamba green when I saw it in the wild in person and I if I went with Chalk I would have gone with the chalk deviated stitching as well. I personally think the deviated stitching makes the car look even more special. I have gotten so many compliments when I had my carmine red one, and now with my mamba green. It is the stitching in seats that is what people are talking about the most.
summacognos (12-21-2020)
Old 12-20-2020, 11:36 PM
MAPC
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I LOVE deviated stitching. What I didn’t love was the price for the option so passed on it.
The following 2 users liked this post by MAPC:
2021Macan (01-04-2021), summacognos (12-21-2020)
Old 12-21-2020, 01:16 PM
2021Macan
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
I’ll just offer this one bit of advice for optioning your new GTS......with the GTS, get the Sport Chrono package!

As I’ve said before, the GTS Macan should have the SC pkg as standard equipment like every other GTS model does in the Porsche lineup.

GTS is Porsche’s “enthusiast model” per Porsche. Therefore it should include all the enthusiast related options as standard (well, probably with the exception of PCCB, leave that optional).
Include too many "enthusiast related options as standard" and the entry point for getting into a GTS would be too close to the Turbo.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:12 PM
mrmichaelsankey
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by 2021Macan
Include too many "enthusiast related options as standard" and the entry point for getting into a GTS would be too close to the Turbo.
Turbo does come standard with a LOT of stuff, but still need to spec the essentials of sport chrono, air suspension and “pretty bits”.

Wife’s turbo was £12k of options, so about $15k, it’s very easy to start adding all the good stuff and lose your way on price!
Victor C3 (12-29-2020)
Old 12-29-2020, 09:55 PM
Victor C3
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mrmichaelsankey
Turbo does come standard with a LOT of stuff, but still need to spec the essentials of sport chrono, air suspension and “pretty bits”.

Wife’s turbo was £12k of options, so about $15k, it’s very easy to start adding all the good stuff and lose your way on price!
I 100% agree.

I would definitely get the sports chrono and air suspension. I have both in my Macan and I play with them all the time. The stock exhaust sounds nice, but I wish I would have added the sport exhaust.
summacognos (01-04-2021)
Old 01-03-2021, 06:39 PM
mvmojo
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts

Love the Chalk color - my 2018 CPO GTS is Carrera White and the only other color I'd have is Chalk (and would actually prefer it!). I also have and really like the deviated stitching - in my case black interior with Carmine red stitching and Carmine red tach face. My previous Cayman and 911 Carrera had 14 way seats whereas my GTS has the stock 8-way seats. I miss the 14 way seats with lumbar support as well as the automatic steering wheel & seat movement when exiting the vehicle. I've only driven one Porsche with 18 way seats and they seemed very nice and probably worth the few hundred more. Sport Chrono is an absolute must as is air suspension and PASM (standard w/GTS), PTV+, Surround View and Lane Change Assist. Don't have, but wish I did have lane keeping assist. I drove a 2021 Macan Turbo with LKA and was really impressed. I also have the full Carbon Fiber package and like it, but for the money I'd only get the side blades in Carbon fiber - they really look sharp! Hey, it's only money!
summacognos (01-04-2021)
Old 01-09-2021, 11:31 AM
MAPC
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default My two cents

Originally Posted by mvmojo
Love the Chalk color - my 2018 CPO GTS is Carrera White and the only other color I'd have is Chalk (and would actually prefer it!). I also have and really like the deviated stitching - in my case black interior with Carmine red stitching and Carmine red tach face. My previous Cayman and 911 Carrera had 14 way seats whereas my GTS has the stock 8-way seats. I miss the 14 way seats with lumbar support as well as the automatic steering wheel & seat movement when exiting the vehicle. I've only driven one Porsche with 18 way seats and they seemed very nice and probably worth the few hundred more. Sport Chrono is an absolute must as is air suspension and PASM (standard w/GTS), PTV+, Surround View and Lane Change Assist. Don't have, but wish I did have lane keeping assist. I drove a 2021 Macan Turbo with LKA and was really impressed. I also have the full Carbon Fiber package and like it, but for the money I'd only get the side blades in Carbon fiber - they really look sharp! Hey, it's only money!
1. LOVE Chalk and wouldn't want any other
2. LOVE deviated stitching but find that it is the most overpriced of all Porsche options, IMHO...so I decided to live with only the deviated sticking on the dash that is standard on the GTS
3. 18 ways are DEFINITELY the way to go....I had 14 ways in my Base Macan and they were great but the 18's are that much better....and I also prefer the look of them as well
4. On a turbo I'd consider CF interior but NOT steering wheel....I just don't think that a steering wheel should be slippery (CF or wood are no-go's for me)
5. Agree with SC, PASM, AS, etc.
6. I am a BIG FAN of ACC and would not get a Macan (or any car) without it

Good luck!
Old 01-09-2021, 12:04 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by MAPC
4. On a turbo I'd consider CF interior but NOT steering wheel....I just don't think that a steering wheel should be slippery (CF or wood are no-go's for me)
This is mentioned from time to time in various forums and just to clarify, the CF steering wheel is not slippery. Your HANDS may be slippery, but if you don’t drive with ‘French fry fingers’, the CF wheel has plenty of grip.

The other point to be made about CF (or wood) steering wheels is that they generally hold up much better than a leather steering wheel over time. Remember those ‘French fry fingers’? That’s what inevitably degrades a leather wheel over time, unless you’re OCD about hand washing and/or proper care & cleaning of your leather steering wheel.

Not to mention the CF steering wheel combined with the CF interior trim just looks bad a$$

Old 01-14-2021, 01:41 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,340 Likes on 608 Posts

Disagree on the plastic wheel.
Carbon fiber looks cool, but it's got zero tactile feel.
Alcantara is best, followed by leather. Wood and plastic are tied for last place.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:26 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 388 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn
Disagree on the plastic wheel.
Carbon fiber looks cool, but it's got zero tactile feel.
Alcantara is best, followed by leather. Wood and plastic are tied for last place.
The carbon fiber wheel has the leather at 9 and 3. Not typically driving holding the carbon fiber sections so no impact for me, leather sections are fine. The Macan I have was a PECATL vehicle and the dealership bought it with 1,900 miles on it. Had I ordered I wouldn't have chosen the carbon fiber wheel and interior, but I'm glad it had it, we like it.
Old 01-14-2021, 06:44 PM
mvmojo
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 55 Posts

Never heard of "PECATL" but Google indicates it might be Porsche Experience Center Atlanta???

I too like the carbon fiber steering wheel and am thinking about buying one. Vivid Racing makes one that looks awesome, albeit $1,500! See: vivid racing carbon fiber steering wheel
Maybe when the next stimulus check comes in - would be good to support a small business!
Old 01-15-2021, 01:54 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 388 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by mvmojo
Never heard of "PECATL" but Google indicates it might be Porsche Experience Center Atlanta???

I too like the carbon fiber steering wheel and am thinking about buying one. Vivid Racing makes one that looks awesome, albeit $1,500! See: vivid racing carbon fiber steering wheel
Maybe when the next stimulus check comes in - would be good to support a small business!
That is correct Porsche Experience Center Atlanta

Quick Reply: 2021 GTS Options