Macan 2014-Current

Bose question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2020, 11:08 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Bose question

I did not order Premium Plus package on my 2021 GTS, but did go with the Bose Surround Sound system as a stand-alone option. Are the Bose systems identical in both instances or does the system that comes with Premium Plus have 2 additional speakers and higher output than the stand alone system? I’m confused.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:53 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
I did not order Premium Plus package on my 2021 GTS, but did go with the Bose Surround Sound system as a stand-alone option. Are the Bose systems identical in both instances or does the system that comes with Premium Plus have 2 additional speakers and higher output than the stand alone system? I’m confused.
It's the same system. The premium package is nothing more than a collection of standalone options.
The following users liked this post:
mdubya (12-07-2020)
Old 12-07-2020, 11:10 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

Thanks - as I thought, but I've been reading articles stating a number of different speakers and wattages for the Bose system.

Originally Posted by Todd B
It's the same system. The premium package is nothing more than a collection of standalone options.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:18 AM
BOSSOB
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
The 992 Carrera S comes with a standard audio system and two upgrade options are available either the Bose or Burmeister. Both upgrades have the same number of speakers and placement in the vehicle however the Burmeister is more powerful top of the line system. My understanding is there is only one BOSE system. Hope that helps.
Old 12-07-2020, 11:22 AM
Phil G.
Race Car

It does. The Burmeister is a great system, but I really didn't want to spend that kind of $$$ on audio. I had a Bose system in my Boxster S and found it adequate. The Harmon Kardon system in my 2013 X3 is actually better than the Bose.

Originally Posted by BOSSOB
The 992 Carrera S comes with a standard audio system and two upgrade options are available either the Bose or Burmeister. Both upgrades have the same number of speakers and placement in the vehicle however the Burmeister is more powerful top of the line system. My understanding is there is only one BOSE system. Hope that helps.
Old 12-07-2020, 12:00 PM
BOSSOB
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Wound not have ordered the Bose, but as you mentioned it is included in the Premium Package. The engine alone (w/ sport exhaust) is music to my ears. The C2S has been loaded on a vessel waiting to embark from the port of Emden. Like numerous others, hoping for a quick resolution to the CARB registration issue.

Do you have a build date for the GTS?
Old 12-07-2020, 01:38 PM
Phil G.
Race Car

Just ordered last week. Lock in date 12/13 for January allocation. No build date yet.

Originally Posted by BOSSOB
Wound not have ordered the Bose, but as you mentioned it is included in the Premium Package. The engine alone (w/ sport exhaust) is music to my ears. The C2S has been loaded on a vessel waiting to embark from the port of Emden. Like numerous others, hoping for a quick resolution to the CARB registration issue.

Do you have a build date for the GTS?
The following users liked this post:
BOSSOB (12-07-2020)

Quick Reply: Bose question