Macan 2014-Current

Dealership valet service - upset

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 06:17 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts
Angry Dealership valet service - upset

Valet came to get Mom's Macan on 10-9 for service. Different valet returned it that afternoon and ask her if she knew about the damage.

The morning valet hit the side of the garage door pulling out the car and didn't tell anybody (2nd pic - you can still see the paint hanging on the siding nail and the broken weather seal). Hopefully the other valet that brought him is honest. Will visit dealership tomorrow and will have a polite talk and will show him pictures of the side of the garage door as well as the car pics.

She is still in tears and wishes she wouldn't have let the valet pull out the Macan.

I cannot believe he ignored all those warning sounds and the red bars on display.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:00 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,580 Likes on 4,185 Posts

Well, that sucks. Another reason I avoid anyone else servicing or driving my cars when at all possible. Hopefully, they step up and make it right. Yiur mom doesn't have a camera in her garage, does she? You can get a Wyze cam that pairs to a cell phone for about $20. I have 7 of them around the perimeter od the house including in the garages.
Old 10-12-2020, 07:12 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

She barely is capable of using the camera on her smart phone. Plus how many cameras do you put in your garage and where to cover all eventualities.

Well, good news. Called the dealer this morning and they immediately agreed to fix it. Kind of like they knew but were waiting if a claim would be made.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:30 PM
swingwing
Pro

Received 93 Likes on 70 Posts

You could've avoided all this hassle had you pulled the car out of the garage yourself. Swerving away from the word ASSUME is beneficial.
Old 10-12-2020, 09:18 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by swingwing
You could've avoided all this hassle had you pulled the car out of the garage yourself. Swerving away from the word ASSUME is beneficial.
Don't you think she thought about that.. But thanks for your 20:20 hindsight.

The following users liked this post:
HymieP (10-16-2020)
Old 10-12-2020, 10:23 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ExMB
She barely is capable of using the camera on her smart phone. Plus how many cameras do you put in your garage and where to cover all eventualities.

Well, good news. Called the dealer this morning and they immediately agreed to fix it. Kind of like they knew but were waiting if a claim would be made.
I thought you might actually setup the cameras at her house on your phone since most Moms are a bit technically challenged. The lens angle is very wide. One camera in the middle of the garage would have caught the car brushing the side of the door opening.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:33 PM
Jellybean
Intermediate

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Oh your poor mom! I know she must be feeling awful and it’s not her fault.

I am glad to hear that the dealer is going to make this right, but they should have stepped up to the plate instead of waiting for you all to call them on it!

Hopefully it won’t take to long to get this fixed and fixed right for her. Are they going to take care of fixing the garage door as well?
Old 10-13-2020, 12:34 AM
Draper
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

To be fair...

You're not going to get any parking sensor warnings from that angle.

It's a light brush which *might* not have been noticed from inside the car.

Glad to hear the dealer is making it right.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:45 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Draper
To be fair...

You're not going to get any parking sensor warnings from that angle.

It's a light brush which *might* not have been noticed from inside the car.

Glad to hear the dealer is making it right.
Not sure about that with the sensors. Our go off every time we pull out of the garage. We basically ignore the signals and use the mirrors and keep backing out straight. It's obvious how it hit up front, the guy had to turn the wheel a bit to put side into the garage door. He had to clear the mirror, so just continue straight.

For ExMB's mom it does suck, at least the dealer is stepping up. I'm sure this isn't the first time.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:51 AM
Draper
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Todd B
Not sure about that with the sensors. Our go off every time we pull out of the garage. We basically ignore the signals and use the mirrors and keep backing out straight. It's obvious how it hit up front, the guy had to turn the wheel a bit to put side into the garage door. He had to clear the mirror, so just continue straight.

For ExMB's mom it does suck, at least the dealer is stepping up. I'm sure this isn't the first time.
Mine do the same, but it seems it's always after I've cleared the door.

Based on the pics with the buckets and shop vac lining the garage, I'm guessing the sensors were screaming the moment he turned the key.

Last edited by Draper; 10-13-2020 at 12:54 AM.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:03 AM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Her car does have the surround view feature. I thought that was pretty good at showing where things are, what you may or may not be able to see.

To the other question about fixing the side opening of the garage door; they have not offered. I'll leave that up to her.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:34 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Good to hear that. Here’s to hoping they put it back in shape to her satisfaction! (And I would hope that includes the garage frame damage as well)
Old 10-14-2020, 12:47 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 247 Likes on 203 Posts
Red face

Had that happen when a hotel valet was parking the car. Didn’t know til we left to hotel in Los Angeles to Las Vegas at a rest stop and low and behold driver front. Luckily it was just white paint from the wall. Buffed right off. Things happen but damn just let me know.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:54 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 980 Likes on 640 Posts

still a horrible response from the initial valet and the dealership. 'waiting for a call'... pathetic.
exactly why i never allow any valets to drive my cars. just not worth the trouble.
good luck with the repairs.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:54 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

No valets or anyone else driving our cars - ever. If I'm at a place with valet only due to insurance regulations, either my wife or I will ride in the passenger seat with the valet when they park the car, and they don't seem to object to that.

Yea, I know, I'm weird and **** about my cars - don't care. LOL

The following 3 users liked this post by Petza914:
DSC48 (01-10-2021), jbx2 (10-15-2020), LC200 (12-31-2020)

Quick Reply: Dealership valet service - upset