Macan 2014-Current

Interior overhead light too bright

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 02:51 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Interior overhead light too bright

I tried using the switch B and holding it in (p 101 in manual) to dim the overhead interior light, but the next time I open the door, it seems to go back to the original super bright state. Is there some trick getting that overhead light to stay on a dim setting? And, yes, it can be turned off altogether with switch B or deactivated with switch F, but I really would prefer to have the interior lighting, just not like being under a spotlight! Thank you.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:25 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,585 Likes on 4,188 Posts

You could always take the lens off and tint it.
Old 06-16-2020, 10:14 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 240 Posts

Are you saving it to memory?

Adjust the light. Then hit "SET" and "1" and then "SET" and "Key."

Worked for me.
The following users liked this post:
tk-porsche (06-16-2020)
Old 06-16-2020, 03:24 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Originally Posted by Pavegeno928
Are you saving it to memory?

Adjust the light. Then hit "SET" and "1" and then "SET" and "Key."

Worked for me.
Aha, I had no idea this was tied to a memory/key setting. Many thanks, I will try that!
Old 06-16-2020, 04:32 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tk-porsche
Aha, I had no idea this was tied to a memory/key setting. Many thanks, I will try that!
You are welcome. Lots of stuff is tied to it. radio settings, mirrors, seats, air suspension, displays. Suggest you go through all of the PCM menus and sub-menus and set things how you like them. Then go through your seat and mirror settings and set them. On your center button console you can memorize things like suspension, ionizer, Lane lee assist, etc.

My wife and I just use one key fob so we save our individual setting to Memory 1 (Me) and Memory 2 (her). I also save my settings to the key in case I change something it saves it upon exiting and locking. If she gets in with the same key fob, she has to push and hold Memory 2 for everything to switch to her settings. We could just each carry a fob, but we like to keep a spare fob in the house in case of getting locked out.

Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
tk-porsche (06-16-2020)
Old 06-16-2020, 05:15 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

You are welcome. Lots of stuff is tied to it. radio settings, mirrors, seats, air suspension, displays. Suggest you go through all of the PCM menus and sub-menus and set things how you like them. Then go through your seat and mirror settings and set them. On your center button console you can memorize things like suspension, ionizer, Lane lee assist, etc.

My wife and I just use one key fob so we save our individual setting to Memory 1 (Me) and Memory 2 (her). I also save my settings to the key in case I change something it saves it upon exiting and locking. If she gets in with the same key fob, she has to push and hold Memory 2 for everything to switch to her settings. We could just each carry a fob, but we like to keep a spare fob in the house in case of getting locked out.

Good luck.
Thank you again very kindly! Great idea to review everything and set it and forget it. Have to do the light setting in the evening to get the appropr1iate level, of course. I've already set and saved both the memory button and key settings a number of times, as little things get changed like seat positions.
Also, I am totally with you on carrying just one key fob and keeping the other elsewhere as a backup, and overriding whosever key it is with the memory button as needed. Backups of anything should never be in close proximity to each other, which I learned to respect long ago from the IT world!
Old 06-18-2020, 10:42 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Good luck.
Wow, you are Number 1??????????? How did you manage that????????

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
Old 06-19-2020, 06:37 AM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by siberian
Wow, you are Number 1??????????? How did you manage that????????

siberian

Simple, she asked to pick the interior/exterior color of our Macan when ordering. I said, "Of course!" Been smooth sailing since then!
Old 06-19-2020, 06:40 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,319 Likes on 1,378 Posts

siberian

Quick Reply: Interior overhead light too bright