Macan 2014-Current

H&R Sport Springs - lowering

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2020, 02:26 PM
Dubgw
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default H&R Sport Springs - lowering

Just getting my new vehicle.... Base ( No PASM) in Mamba.

Has anyone installed these springs?

I Want the “ lowered stance” but concerned w trade off on ride quality ....becoming too stiff/ jarring especially for my wife’s taste!
Roads here r average condition...

Also concerned that it may be a mistake based on my extended CPO coverage ( good thru mid-2025!)
that will def VOID out suspension issues being covered !!
This was confirmed by dealerships GM!

Would ‘shocks’ be covered under CPO anyway??
Thx for any help....

Old 06-09-2020, 09:11 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 450 Likes on 281 Posts

I can't speak to the warranty issue but I can tell you that we are proponents of the H&R springs. They really give the vehicle a much nicer stance and don't really cause any appreciable harshness in ride quality. You will find similar comments on the other Macan forum: www.macanforum.com One important caution: Make sure the installer fully loads the suspension before torquing fasteners to specifications.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:31 AM
SaulV
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dubgw

I Want the “ lowered stance” but concerned w trade off on ride quality ....becoming too stiff/ jarring especially for my wife’s taste!

Also concerned that it may be a mistake based on my extended CPO coverage ( good thru mid-2025!)

Thx for any help....
This is my humble opinion on the H&R Springs! Love them and would never go back!
If you have a NON-PASM Macan with OEM Steal Springs, the difference is night and day! The factory springs are soft, bouncy, terrible around corners and quite frankly do not handle like a proper porsche should. The ride is far more planted, 10x better around corners or turns at fast speeds and handles very closely like a GTS feels.

If you want plush soft suspension then you may not like it! You want to drive your car like a proper Porsche! Go for it!

The model you need for the NON-PASM Model is the H&R 28788-2, i got mine from Amazon but they are not available there anymore.
Found them here for decent price also
https://www.achtuning.com/h-r-28788-...acan-non-pasm/
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-...et/28788-2~hr/

Last edited by SaulV; 10-31-2020 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:52 PM
gkellys
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

Thx for any help....
‘Ditto to the above comments. I installed them on a 2016 Turbo with PASM. The ride was only slightly firmer with 21 inch wheels, but not harsh at all. It actually seemed a bit more responsive to quick lane changes and corners. Not to mention the more aggressive stance. A+ upgrade in my opinion.
Old 06-28-2020, 05:50 PM
lindvior
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It says the NON-PASM fits 2015 - 2020, is that true? I'm 1500 kms into mine and would like to lower it by an inch + get that tighter cornering feel.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:41 PM
Dubgw
Instructor

True....but....
just be advised your current warranty for any suspension issues MIGHT be denied due to the install of these!!
The following users liked this post:
lindvior (06-30-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 07:41 PM
gkellys
Instructor

H&R is a quality outfit. Just read their specs and fitment instructions carefully to make sure you order the right ones. You will not regret.
lindvior (06-30-2020)
Old 06-28-2020, 07:43 PM
gkellys
Instructor

And keep your stock springs in case. Relatively cheap to swap back.
lindvior (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 12:38 PM
lindvior
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To my understanding, they can only challenge warranty if something goes wrong with the car that's directly related to the aftermarket part that's installed.. or at least that's what I've been told. I guess at this price, if it breaks I can always just throw back the original springs or get another set right?
Old 06-30-2020, 01:11 PM
Dubgw
Instructor

P can prob challenge ANY suspension issues under warranty and blame the springs!
Dont know if u checked install prices but while H&R springs r only about $300 US , the install is expensive plus u need an alignment.... I’ve been quoted labor of $800 -1500 total!!
Then add that $$ again if u want old ones put back!!
Old 06-30-2020, 11:01 PM
gkellys
Instructor

True, but the cost of re-install is still likely much less than an out of warranty type repair. Plus, being a spring suspension, non-pasm car the likelihood of a warranty breakdown is very slim. Although $800 is not to be sneezed at, it is a fairly peanuts repair cost on these cars. You have to decide if that is enough to keep you from the daily enjoyment of the change if lowering is what you want. I love the change in handling and stance so much that I would have paid another $800 to get it done. BUT it’s definitely a personal preference item.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:06 AM
Dubgw
Instructor

I always worry that the lowest $ estimate on anything ( in this case $800) somehow means end result not as good as guy charging double !!
Thats just me.....

most estimates were $1200. -$1800 (install plus alignment)
with ME supplying the $300 springs!

Anyone know “ time” this would truly take per wheel for removal of old/ install of new??
Seem to be charging me for 1.5-2 hrs per wheel!
Thx
Old 07-01-2020, 06:55 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 450 Likes on 281 Posts

FWIW, after my H&R springs were installed, I took the vehicle to my favorite alignment shop and they said everything was within spec.
Old 07-01-2020, 11:24 PM
gkellys
Instructor

I always worry that the lowest $ estimate on anything ( in this case $800) somehow means end result not as good as guy charging double !!
Thats just me.....

most estimates were $1200. -$1800 (install plus alignment)
with ME supplying the $300 springs!

Anyone know “ time” this would truly take per wheel for removal of old/ install of new??
Seem to be charging me for 1.5-2 hrs per wheel!
Thx
I did wait for my install and it took more time than I thought it would. I would say 3 or 4 hours. My indy charged me $800. I did get an alignment at my tire shop but can’t remember if the specs were off or not.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:34 AM
Dubgw
Instructor

Thx for everyone's input!
Is there a specific type of alignment I would need to ask shop about, to insure they have the right equipment??
a certain type of machine??

Quick Reply: H&R Sport Springs - lowering