Any one heard or tried this?

https://www.12volt.solutions/product...mote-start-kit

siberian

The best long distance runners eat raw meat, run naked and sleep in the snow
Old 02-13-2020, 04:27 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 326 Posts

I've never heard of anyone using it. But for me, having to leave a key in the car is a non-starter.

Old 02-13-2020, 04:36 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,377 Posts

I hear you but it's the only way since they refuse to add this as a factory option. The potential danger of having a key in the car?

"They" would have to know you have a remote start and, in the best of circumstances, "they'd" have to have a receiver to catch your ten trillion rolling codes you're sending to the car and in the worst of cases, know you have a remote start, smash your window, know exactly where you stashed your key and make off with your car whilst it's 40 below... unless I'm missing something from your concern

But would be really useful where I live

siberian

Old 02-13-2020, 04:47 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 389 Likes on 226 Posts

I sent a message asking about aux functions such as the defroster.

Starting the vehicle is nice but I’d like to be able to get the windshield defroster going at the same time.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:19 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by siberian
I hear you but it's the only way since they refuse to add this as a factory option. The potential danger of having a key in the car?

"They" would have to know you have a remote start and, in the best of circumstances, "they'd" have to have a receiver to catch your ten trillion rolling codes you're sending to the car and in the worst of cases, know you have a remote start, smash your window, know exactly where you stashed your key and make off with your car whilst it's 40 below... unless I'm missing something from your concern

But would be really useful where I live

siberian

The key is in the car, just turn the dummy and it will start. Easy to get in without breaking a window. Granted you'd have to be unlucky to have somebody pick your car. But if it happens it won't be fun to explain to insurance why there was a key in the car.

Old 02-13-2020, 07:48 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Oliver, since you (for now anyway) are not able to even get the heated seats and steering to be remembered, I think we may have better luck by playing with the x431 to see if we can get that to work.

ALL (foreign cars) remote starts now a days have their key in the car. If in doubt contact your insurance carrier. Anything less than 30 minutes and your have the REST function, beyond that a remote start is nice for where I live; for everything else...

siberian

Last edited by siberian; 02-13-2020 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2020, 07:57 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Installation procedure for Macan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b2u...ature=youtu.be

siberian

Old 02-13-2020, 09:15 PM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 389 Likes on 226 Posts

Installation procedure for Macan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b2u...ature=youtu.be

siberian

I notice in the video there is no dummy key. I’m wondering if it will work with Porsche Entry and Drive.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:09 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,364 Likes on 831 Posts

ALL remote starts now a days have their key in the car.

2 domestic cars I own(ed) gave me 2 keys. Both of them had remote start without having to leave a key inside of the car.
Old 02-13-2020, 10:09 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Good point Oliver, that would, if confirmed, ease (one of) Todd's concern about simply coming in and turning the key. Maybe send them a mail and ask. I'm also waiting to hear whether they confirm that it will work for a 2020 as on their site they point to 2019.

Here's another thought. Since you have to leave one of your FOBs in there (and if I understood this correctly) the first key (like the phone) it recognizes then becomes the de facto "key" or phone. If this holds true then you must "sacrifice" the primary driver's FOB to ensure those settings are set when the primary driver ingresses the vehicle and you would then have to use the door selection "2" to set it to the other driver. Thoughts?

siberian

Old 02-13-2020, 10:10 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

ExMB, you just stated the obvious: domestic cars.

I had a Durango with a Viper remote, same thing no key needed. This is not a Durango...or domestic car

siberian

Old 02-14-2020, 05:50 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Confirmed, the system works on the 2020 Macans. I have 3 last questions pending will report back when I hear

siberian

Old 02-15-2020, 06:33 PM
eroc0808
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

It is definitely not true that all foreign cars need to sacrifice a key. Almost all Asian cars don’t, many euro cars don’t including BMW and Mercedes. All Porsche, and most Audi, and VW cars will lose a key though. And it is not a concern that the key is in the car because the battery is not in the key...meaning it does absolutely nothing unless the remote start tells it to. No one is just grabbing your door handle and driving away...even if they smash your window and climb in while it’s running remotely. The car will still need to recognize the other key to be able to drive off. If it doesn’t see the other key it will turn off as soon as the brake is pressed and will not restart until it sees another key. The only way the car can be stolen is if they disassemble the interior to find where the installer hid the key, which should be well hidden by a pro installer.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:17 AM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by eroc0808
It is definitely not true that all foreign cars need to sacrifice a key. Almost all Asian cars don’t, many euro cars don’t including BMW and Mercedes. All Porsche, and most Audi, and VW cars will lose a key though. And it is not a concern that the key is in the car because the battery is not in the key...meaning it does absolutely nothing unless the remote start tells it to. No one is just grabbing your door handle and driving away...even if they smash your window and climb in while it’s running remotely. The car will still need to recognize the other key to be able to drive off. If it doesn’t see the other key it will turn off as soon as the brake is pressed and will not restart until it sees another key. The only way the car can be stolen is if they disassemble the interior to find where the installer hid the key, which should be well hidden by a pro installer.
thanks for the clarification about the key/battery, that makes sense.
Old 02-20-2020, 11:58 PM
jimmyrepasi
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 121 Likes on 37 Posts

I have this installed in my '15 turbo. Works perfectly. All locking/security features work the same as they did before

(203)257-0987

Info@RepasiMotorwerks.com

www.RepasiMotorwerks.com

Quick Reply: Remote Start