Macan 2014-Current

Porsche Macan vandalized

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2020, 08:05 PM
blackholescion
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 107 Posts

Give @Detailed Designs a ring.

Porsche will typically include a direct from them warranty, but with a skilled and reputable installer, it doesn't matter. The benefit of doing it is you get to drive away with the car right then instead of dropping it off and coming back some time later. Port installers are good, but I wouldn't trust something like this to a dealer/port tech.
Old 12-12-2020, 10:55 PM
NC TRACKRAT
Rennlist Member

Received 450 Likes on 281 Posts

Sorry you're having to experience this. We went through a similar experience years ago when some teen-age neighborhood punks threw gasoline on the hood of our Ford Explorer and set it on fire. Metallic base coat/clear coat can be tricky and requires expertise. Since you're paying the deductible one way or the other, get the very best shop in your area. Get some good recommendations, at least three, then visit the shops and get written quotations. Ask to see the shop area and get an impression of professionalism and what kind of vehicles they're working on. Then make your selection. Remember, there are good paint and body shops and fast paint and body shops but there are no good, fast paint and body shops!
Old 12-16-2020, 04:30 PM
djrez4
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bloody sowoop googles to be related to the Bloods - sort of a vocal call sign. SBO is apparently a female gang. Do you happen to be in the Albany area?
Old 12-17-2020, 05:18 PM
GratedWasabi
Racer

Received 311 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim7139
I wouldn't go with a dash cam, if you have trees, poles, etc. in the area you park, get an infared,bluetooth, deer camera, cheap, effective, easy, and stealthy..
instant pics right to your phone if you need a quick 911 response.
"911, what's your emergency?" "Someone is keying my Porsche!!" "Understood, police will arrive in approximately 76 hours and then throw the report in the trash."

The only way video helps is if it's someone you know, there isn't a police department in the country that cares about car vandalism. Park the car somewhere more secure or just put up fake cameras/signs to dissuade vandals. I find a "no trespassing, violators will be shot" type of sign more effective than cameras.

Last edited by GratedWasabi; 12-17-2020 at 05:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Nixin (12-24-2020)

Quick Reply: Porsche Macan vandalized