Notices
Macan 2014-Current

Just picked up a Macan S ... have some questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2020 | 07:31 PM
JDailey
Instructor

If you can make it work, skip CarPlay altogether. I loaded all of my MP3s, neatly organized by artist, onto an SD card and I use that for all of my music.
I never bother with my phone in the car other than for making phone calls which is easy to do with the steering wheel and the screen to the right of the tachometer. As for navigation, Porsche's native navigation system is good enough for me.

Hope that helps!
-James
Seattle, WA
Old 08-24-2020 | 09:44 PM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

So, did you have to get the winter tires before moving to Palm Beach?
Old 08-25-2020 | 01:52 PM
tk-porsche
Racer

Originally Posted by JDailey
If you can make it work, skip CarPlay altogether. I loaded all of my MP3s, neatly organized by artist, onto an SD card and I use that for all of my music.
I never bother with my phone in the car other than for making phone calls which is easy to do with the steering wheel and the screen to the right of the tachometer. As for navigation, Porsche's native navigation system is good enough for me.

Hope that helps!
-James
Seattle, WA
I did the same. I got a tiny 128 GM drive that will hold thousands of MP3 files and they all show up in a nice menu on the screen that can also be searched. It's easy to update, easy to make a backup copy of, and also search. I just use windows Media player (analogous apps exist on Macs) to rip CD files to MP3 format or of course, you can just download and save plain MP3 files to the SD card.
Here's a link:
Amazon Amazon
Old 08-29-2020 | 10:13 AM
Dougr743
Pro

I have been playing with gas milage, I can get more highway miles on 89 ocatane and have cranked out 20k in the last 4 months, its my work car. I have the mich latitudes from when I bought the car in march. Wondering what tires people really like. Not for perfromance, but milage/ overal wet weather. I live in the south so snow is not an issue. Thanks
Old 08-29-2020 | 12:29 PM
#1SomeGuy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dougr743
I have been playing with gas milage, I can get more highway miles on 89 ocatane and have cranked out 20k in the last 4 months, its my work car. I have the mich latitudes from when I bought the car in march. Wondering what tires people really like. Not for perfromance, but milage/ overal wet weather. I live in the south so snow is not an issue. Thanks
Try Shell 91...no ethanol makes a noticeable difference in mileage.

Quick Reply: Just picked up a Macan S ... have some questions.