Macan 2014-Current

Macan S Battery Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2022, 11:47 PM
rnc
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iCarsoft POR V2.0 for sale

For anyone interested in the iCarsoft POR V2.0, I have one for sale for $125 shipped. I no longer have my 2017 Macan S. PM if interested.
Old 09-22-2022, 11:52 PM
rennlistlennon
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NoSubstitute981
This is just me being me so take these words for what they’re worth…

My background: I was a car tech for many years and to this day do not take my vehicles anywhere unless in need tires.

Alternators have a fancy thing called a voltage regulator. This device senses when voltage drops below a set parameter. Once the voltage gets too low, the alternator charges the battery at around 14.5 volts until charged, then stops charging once the battery is charged. I’ve verified this with my trusty volt meter on the Macan.

At any rate, and you can take this for what it’s worth, there’s absolutely no reason to “register” a battery with the vehicle, period, end of story!!!
Seriously, what’s next? Tires, lol.

Use whatever equivalent battery you chose and be done with it! I used a Duracell Ultra Platinum Group 49 AGM which is a direct replacement for the H8. Made the swap in the parking lot.

All settings remained the same. I just got in and drove away.

If my battery sees less life by any margin I’ll be very surprised so my challenge is, prove it! There’s absolutely no way in the world to do that.

My .02

Derek
Music to my ears. I've been reading through many, too many posts on this subject and came to believe that way too much is made/claimed around the registration process as being a must have. I'm going to replace my original Varta AGM 92Ah batt with a compatible Duralast H8-AGM 95Ah batt and be done with it. No damn scanners or BSM tomfoolery and certainly no Porsche hike-up. $238, no labor costs, no fancy scanner costs..... if non-registration of a compatible batt results in batt-life-loss then I'll suck that up and replace the batt again in 2 years time. I'm still saving in the long run. The alternator I'm convinced will work its magic and keep everything in good order. the added 3Ah won't make a damn bit of difference to alternator demand.
Old 09-23-2022, 10:33 AM
NoSubstitute981
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by rennlistlennon
Music to my ears. I've been reading through many, too many posts on this subject and came to believe that way too much is made/claimed around the registration process as being a must have. I'm going to replace my original Varta AGM 92Ah batt with a compatible Duralast H8-AGM 95Ah batt and be done with it. No damn scanners or BSM tomfoolery and certainly no Porsche hike-up. $238, no labor costs, no fancy scanner costs..... if non-registration of a compatible batt results in batt-life-loss then I'll suck that up and replace the batt again in 2 years time. I'm still saving in the long run. The alternator I'm convinced will work its magic and keep everything in good order. the added 3Ah won't make a damn bit of difference to alternator demand.

Yep! Ours hasn’t exploded or anything yet so Saul Good Man.
I did end up buying a scan tool but that was to reset the oil message on our Cayman. The tool will do the battery registration but I’m not going to wast my time.
Old 08-27-2023, 12:46 PM
kimchee411
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was able to do the registration with iCarSoft POR V2 as a Macan, not a 911. The part I got a bit hung up on was this:

In the above photo, the serial number below the QR code has TWO blank spaces in between the 205 and J. Also, the part number needed to be entered with the trailing C stripped off (it tells you the format is xxx.xxx.xxx).

Quick Reply: Macan S Battery Replacement