Notices
Macan 2014-Current

2019 Macan S Delayed until Nov 2019?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2019 | 04:26 PM
Vladimore
Intermediate

I have been waiting 2 months on a 2019 base Macan that the dealer ordered. It is black with black/Mojave beige, Premium Plus, ACC, LCA, heated steering wheel, and a few cosmetic options. My dealer just received a 2019 Macan S that is Jet Black Metallic with black interior, Premium Plus, ACC, PASM, LCA, Park Assist w/Surround View, and heated steering wheel. Given the delay on the base model, I am considering spending the extra $11K and purchasing the S. Thoughts?
Old 05-19-2019 | 04:37 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Personally, I would get the S...
Old 05-19-2019 | 04:39 PM
bemdblu
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Vladimore
I have been waiting 2 months on a 2019 base Macan that the dealer ordered. It is black with black/Mojave beige, Premium Plus, ACC, LCA, heated steering wheel, and a few cosmetic options. My dealer just received a 2019 Macan S that is Jet Black Metallic with black interior, Premium Plus, ACC, PASM, LCA, Park Assist w/Surround View, and heated steering wheel. Given the delay on the base model, I am considering spending the extra $11K and purchasing the S. Thoughts?
I have driven both. They both had air suspension which I really liked. The S has way more power. Also, I think the fewer S models would hold its’ value more. You really have to like the color and options as well in the S. PASM without Air suspension would is much better than none at all. My 3 cents. I am waiting for an S.
Old 05-19-2019 | 05:51 PM
uclamba2001
1st Gear

Originally Posted by cometguy
Dealers here were formally informed by PCNA a week ago that 2019 base Macans are estimated to be available for sale on August 15. These dates are moving around a lot. It seems that PCNA doesn't know when they will be EPA-certified and CARB-certified ... or, maybe they are being told not to expect anything soon in the certification department.
I can confirm this (unfortunately). I ordered my 2019 Macan (base) back in November 2018. It was build in January 2019 and arrived at the port in March 2019. Release was supposed to be late May 2019, but is now early/mid-August. I wasn't told why, but this seems to be the situation. I'm debating about canceling, but not sure what else I'd get yet.
Old 05-19-2019 | 08:02 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Originally Posted by uclamba2001
I'm debating about canceling, but not sure what else I'd get yet.
Perhaps a base 2020 Macan, as opposed to taking delivery of a 2019 at a time when most other manufacturers are rolling out their 2020 models?
Old 05-20-2019 | 12:22 PM
bgsntth
Racer

Agree with the above, unless the dealer is willing to further discount a year of depreciation. Plus, its been sitting exposed to the (salt air?) elements with no wax on the paint
Old 05-20-2019 | 03:46 PM
Vladimore
Intermediate

It turns out the 2019 Macan S that I was looking at on my dealer’s site was already sold. I have put my name on another one that is arriving in July. It is also black with black interior and is similarly equipped (premium plus, ACC, LCA, ParkAssist, heated steering wheel, black roof rails and window trim); does not have the PASM, but does have 20” Macan Turbo Wheels in High Gloss Black. The base model is so much up in the air, this seemed like a safer bet to get before a trip I have planned in August. Plus, I decided I would really rather have the S.
Old 05-20-2019 | 06:19 PM
bemdblu
Intermediate

It turns out the 2019 Macan S that I was looking at on my dealer’s site was already sold. I have put my name on another one that is arriving in July. It is also black with black interior and is similarly equipped (premium plus, ACC, LCA, ParkAssist, heated steering wheel, black roof rails and window trim); does not have the PASM, but does have 20” Macan Turbo Wheels in High Gloss Black. The base model is so much up in the air, this seemed like a safer bet to get before a trip I have planned in August. Plus, I decided I would really rather have the S.
Great decision!
Old 05-22-2019 | 01:59 PM
Vladimore
Intermediate

Now that I have put my name on a 2019 Macan S (due to arrive in July), my SA just called to let me know that the 2019 base Macan that I was originally waiting on has been released for shipment to the dealer. Good news for everyone waiting on a base model. Now I have a decision to make.
Old 05-22-2019 | 02:07 PM
bemdblu
Intermediate

Now that I have put my name on a 2019 Macan S (due to arrive in July), my SA just called to let me know that the 2019 base Macan that I was originally waiting on has been released for shipment to the dealer. Good news for everyone waiting on a base model. Now I have a decision to make.
Wow! I am sure you are now having to weigh your excitement of getting an S with whatever options and color vs to save $ and have your original decision which may now feel underpowered. While I know what I would do, I am not in your shoes. I am sure you will be happy with either.
Old 05-22-2019 | 03:35 PM
Vladimore
Intermediate

Other than the bigger engine, the S has the surround view and 20” Macan Turbo black wheels (which look amazing). The only other difference is the base has the black/Mojave beige interior and the S has black. The price difference is about $12K.
Old 05-22-2019 | 04:56 PM
Jim Reilly
1st Gear

I'd be a bit skeptical about your 2019 base model being released as that model still is not listed on the EPA website https://fueleconomy.gov/feg/bymake/Porsche2019.shtml. The Macan S is listed but not the base model.

BTW, my base model has been parked at Ft Jacksonville since late March so I have been keeping a close watch on this situation.
Old 05-22-2019 | 06:18 PM
Vladimore
Intermediate

I have been monitoring the EPA site as well. I had changed my reservation to an S, but my salesman called me to let me know they had released the base model for shipment, just to give me the option. I decided to stick with the S; should be here late July. The S was a really good build with everything I really want.
Old 05-22-2019 | 09:19 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

I have been monitoring the EPA site as well. I had changed my reservation to an S, but my salesman called me to let me know they had released the base model for shipment, just to give me the option. I decided to stick with the S; should be here late July. The S was a really good build with everything I really want.
It's possible that the people responsible for updating the EPA website are very slow to do their job properly. But, while I don't doubt that manufacturers may be notified directly by EPA of certification approvals long before they appear on the EPA website, I'd like to hear some other confirmations before I believe it -- as promising as Vladimore's report may be. And Valdimore: where are you located, and is your dealership located in the same place?
Old 05-22-2019 | 09:56 PM
Vladimore
Intermediate

I am in Knoxville, TN and so is my dealer.

Quick Reply: 2019 Macan S Delayed until Nov 2019?