Notices
Macan 2014-Current

2019 Macan S Delayed until Nov 2019?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019 | 01:36 AM
Megatron13
AutoX

I got off the phone with a few dealers today and was told they are expecting the 2019s in the end of May, not sure if it's the S or base.
Old 02-21-2019 | 10:08 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

My rep told me that they got the official word that the S is delayed until November. I cancelled my order as I don’t want to wait that long and receive it during the winter.
Old 02-25-2019 | 09:51 PM
j8y
1st Gear

I think the base model will be release in March or April. Here is a data point for everyone.

I custom ordered 2019 Base Macan and it was built and shipped in January.
It's in the Pacific ocean somewhere now and should reach port in the next few days.

If you look at Porsche dealer new inventory you'll see a lot of 2019 Macans in transit.
I'm guessing they are shipping them over now. I looked at the VIN for the in transit vehicles and
they all look like they were build in Dec/Jan. So I think the base model will be released soon as it does
not make sense for them to hold inventory at the ports and not ship them to customers.

The only thing is whether it is EPA and California certified. So far I don't see it certified in either the EPA
or California air resources board web site. My SA says they can't release until it is certified.
If anyone can confirm whether the base model is certified it would be great.

SA won't commit to a date, but my build sheet says Enter port 3/8, Exit Port on 3/15 and Dealer inventory on 4/19.
I hope I can get it sooner given the cargo ship is ahead of schedule.

I wouldn't be surprised the S got delayed since they changed the engine for 2019.
Old 02-25-2019 | 11:49 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by j8y
I think the base model will be release in March or April. Here is a data point for everyone.

I custom ordered 2019 Base Macan and it was built and shipped in January.
It's in the Pacific ocean somewhere now and should reach port in the next few days.

If you look at Porsche dealer new inventory you'll see a lot of 2019 Macans in transit.
I'm guessing they are shipping them over now. I looked at the VIN for the in transit vehicles and
they all look like they were build in Dec/Jan. So I think the base model will be released soon as it does
not make sense for them to hold inventory at the ports and not ship them to customers.

The only thing is whether it is EPA and California certified. So far I don't see it certified in either the EPA
or California air resources board web site. My SA says they can't release until it is certified.
If anyone can confirm whether the base model is certified it would be great.

SA won't commit to a date, but my build sheet says Enter port 3/8, Exit Port on 3/15 and Dealer inventory on 4/19.
I hope I can get it sooner given the cargo ship is ahead of schedule.

I wouldn't be surprised the S got delayed since they changed the engine for 2019.
I assume that you are in California?

I also will be interested to hear when any base Macans are in port, awaiting EPA and CARB certification. I have heard from one dealer here in New England that they expect their dealer-ordered base Macans to start arriving in April, so still a couple months away. But the government shutdown slowed down EPA certification, which must be completed before CARB certification can commence.
Old 02-26-2019 | 06:42 PM
Christmas50
Racer

Originally Posted by cometguy
I assume that you are in California?

I also will be interested to hear when any base Macans are in port, awaiting EPA and CARB certification. I have heard from one dealer here in New England that they expect their dealer-ordered base Macans to start arriving in April, so still a couple months away. But the government shutdown slowed down EPA certification, which must be completed before CARB certification can commence.
According to my guy at Hoehn Porsche in San Diego, there is about 45 base macan's already sitting at the port for days . He also confirmed that S model is delayed until September-November time frame.
Old 02-26-2019 | 08:06 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Christmas50
According to my guy at Hoehn Porsche in San Diego, there is about 45 base macan's already sitting at the port for days . He also confirmed that S model is delayed until September-November time frame.
Are these 2019 Macans? Because one dealership here told me a couple weeks ago that new 2018 Macans are still arriving off ships from Germany. I've been amazed that the Porsche USA configurator still shows 2018 Macans to build...
Old 02-26-2019 | 08:13 PM
Christmas50
Racer

Originally Posted by cometguy
Are these 2019 Macans? Because one dealership here told me a couple weeks ago that new 2018 Macans are still arriving off ships from Germany. I've been amazed that the Porsche USA configurator still shows 2018 Macans to build...
They are 2019
Old 03-03-2019 | 12:49 PM
bemdblu
Intermediate

Default Similar response from Hoehn Motors in Carlsbad, CA

I ordered a Macan S on 2/22/19. Was told July delivery. A few days later read about the delay till November 22, 2019. As the car will be delivered as a 2019, not 2020, has anyone been able to re negotiate price because of depreciation. I am trying to do that. My deposit is refundable because of the delay. Anyone know if delay is only EPA related or “engine issues”?
Old 03-03-2019 | 01:45 PM
bemdblu
Intermediate

Default I asked Porsche Connect via Porsche USA.

I spoke to a reliable source directly through Porsche. It was confirmed by the dealer. I wish it wasn’t true. I have the same dilemma as you. Very few options open to us.
Originally Posted by klinkman
We are planning on ordering a 2019 Macan S tomorrow. Did the dealer provide any documentation supporting this information? Ours told us Friday afternoon if we ordered this week that we should expect a June delivery, perhaps they were unaware of this information, or perhaps your dealer wants to sell you something in their current inventory rather than accept a 2019 build order? Ours told us they had no issues ordering an S for us, our dealer is a fairly large dealer in Delaware. Any other information would be helpful, I will post what we find out tomorrow!

Last edited by bemdblu; 03-03-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Old 03-03-2019 | 02:30 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

If this materializes, we'll push our order to next summer for Euro delivery. Hoping they get back on track.
Old 03-03-2019 | 02:40 PM
bemdblu
Intermediate

Default Euro delivery

i asked about that too. The wait will be longer for delivery in the US. The bottleneck is the ports. I will be Germany in June and considered doing this. Dealer said it is not a good solution. We need Porsche To incentivize the wait and depreciation of late model purchase.
Old 03-03-2019 | 05:19 PM
PSEE
Pro

Isn't the normal practice for the automobile industry to release the newest ('next year') models in the early Fall of
the preceding year? If so, wouldn't one reasonably expect a year 2020 model to be released in, say, September of
2019?

So what incentive would one have to take delivery of a 2019 model year vehicle in November of 2019? Wouldn't the
2020 models be announced two months prior to that?

And, what is going on with the (992) 911? Is this being marketed as a 2020 model? In February of 2019? Is Porsche
getting just a little bit ahead of itself?

So, in order to be consistently inconsistent, the 911 is being marketed as a 2020 in early 2019, while the 2019 Macan S
model is scheduled for an almost 2020 delivery?

Is this 'good business'?

It does not seem like a sure-fire way to keep customers happy...

Old 03-03-2019 | 08:41 PM
bemdblu
Intermediate

Default 2019 vs 2020

Agree whole heartedly. I can’t find other manufacturers that are having the same problem. All PCA members should be using political clout as this is not only effecting Macan S future purchasers but also 992 potential owners. I suspect Macan GTS and Turbo Models will skip the 2019 model year. How can we as consumers influence Porsche (VW)?
Old 03-03-2019 | 08:45 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

I have a March allocation of an S and there were some earlier ones available. The government shutdown combined with the VW Dieselgate were a double punch. I believe they intended to start delivering S models now, which would make them legitimate 2019s but are finding themselves in a pinch. If they do get delayed until November, they stand to lose a lot of money in the US market. Assuming they are delivering in other markets outside of the USA, but not sure.
Old 03-04-2019 | 04:37 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

If the 2019 S models are really delayed until late fall/early winter of this year (which seems very likely now), I'm not sure what might be involved with re-certifying them as 2020 models? Not sure if that's even legally possible given certification issues, VIN designations, etc. If feasible it would mean the S models would begin as 2020 models, skipping the 2019 MY. Maybe only base Macans for 2019. By November of any given year, you're basically into the following model year.

Either that or maybe they'll designate and sell them as 2019.5 models. I've seen other manufacturers in the past do similar things. In any case, it'll be interesting to see how they handle this, and also what impact this will have in terms of customers backing out of them for 2019.

Last edited by CarGuyNVA; 03-05-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Quick Reply: 2019 Macan S Delayed until Nov 2019?