Macan 2014-Current

2019 Macan S Delayed until Nov 2019?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 04:43 PM
bemdblu
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019.5 or shall we say Macan S.5

I am continuing with my order. I would hope Porsche recognizes the position we are in and help dealers with discounts they would give for moving end of the year models. They will lose some good faith charging top dollars for end of the year Macan S models.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:13 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

The whole model year thing is so misleading in the used market in the US. I have two "2017" cars. One in-service June 2016 (Macan), the other in-service July 2017. They would obviously be labeled 2017 in the used market but are one year apart in age!
(No, the later one didn't sit around)
Edit: I don't think Porsche will change any pricing but you may get a PEC coupon which was common for 2017 delays.

Last edited by _RS_; 03-05-2019 at 02:40 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 09:53 AM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by _RS_
The whole model year thing is so misleading in the used market in the US. I have two "2017" cars. One in-service June 2016 (Macan), the other in-service July 2017. They would obviously be labeled 2017 in the used market but are one year apart in age!
Yep, absolutely right. Been that way for as long as I can remember. It's just the way it is.

In some cases you'll even have a manufacturer introduce a particular vehicle as an early introduction designated a model year or two beyond the current calendar year.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:07 AM
bemdblu
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Yep, absolutely right. Been that way for as long as I can remember. It's just the way it is.

In some cases you'll even have a manufacturer introduce a particular vehicle as an early introduction designated a model year or two beyond the current calendar year.
I have seen the inverse as well. New models released with future years designation. However, even in the example given, the July 17 purschase would be late in the model cycle. November or December delivery should require built in depreciation protection as the manufacturer is asking for premium prices for unavailable cars that are otherwise going to be in large production. I doubt 2020 Macan S cars will be released so late in their cycle. I agree the likelihood of redsignation of 2019 to 2020 model year will occur. Consumers should not get penalized on both purchase and sales (later used) sides. Porsche is a brand that has always supported their customers.

Has anyone seen these delays with other imports with new engine in their models? Albeit, this engine is already in Audi’s.
Old 03-12-2019, 02:20 PM
PSEE
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by bemdblu

I have seen the inverse as well. New models released with future years designation. However, even in the example given, the July 17 purschase would be late in the model cycle. November or December delivery should require built in depreciation protection as the manufacturer is asking for premium prices for unavailable cars that are otherwise going to be in large production. I doubt 2020 Macan S cars will be released so late in their cycle. I agree the likelihood of redsignation of 2019 to 2020 model year will occur. Consumers should not get penalized on both purchase and sales (later used) sides. Porsche is a brand that has always supported their customers.

Has anyone seen these delays with other imports with new engine in their models? Albeit, this engine is already in Audi’s.

The delay has nothing to do with an updated engine and everything to do with the month long US government shutdown
several weeks ago,

Assuming you're in the US, consider how this screwed up your plans - and the person most responsible for the shutdown - the
next time you go to the voting booth.

Make your voice heard & your vote count!

Old 03-12-2019, 03:20 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 776 Posts

^^ Good point.
All votes matter I'll never vote for those two idiot puppets shutting the government down for a measly 8B for border protection while government workers stay home while getting paid makes no sense at all, Government blows through more money on useless entitlement during crap during the time frame it takes to have an avg bathroom break.

I think I will turn myself into the mods as we shouldn't type politics. Get the thread moved or closed.
Old 03-12-2019, 03:52 PM
smohr33
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 90 Posts

This is nothing new. I know someone who's Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid was at the port for 6 months last year, way before the shutdown. More scrutiny by EPA/CARB due to the emissions scandal and likely just poor operating procedures at EPA.

Here's an article from Sept '17 - https://www.autonews.com/article/201...ie-up-porsches
Old 03-12-2019, 04:13 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 477 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by PSEE
The delay has nothing to do with an updated engine and everything to do with the month long US government shutdown
several weeks ago,

Assuming you're in the US, consider how this screwed up your plans - and the person most responsible for the shutdown - the
next time you go to the voting booth.

Make your voice heard & your vote count!
I don't think so. The difficulty getting engines through the ports pre-dates the shutdown. The shutdown had some impact, but the blame lays clearly at the feet of Volkswagen and their diesel scandal. MAGA.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:17 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

I think the Macan S dates are being adjusted back to May. It's no longer November.

Please check with your dealer and individual sales associates.
Old 03-13-2019, 01:52 PM
Christmas50
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
I think the Macan S dates are being adjusted back to May. It's no longer November.

Please check with your dealer and individual sales associates.
I just got text message from my dealer saying the same thing.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:19 PM
bemdblu
Intermediate

Default News about Macan S Delivery

Originally Posted by Christmas50
I just got text message from my dealer saying the same thing.
I received a text from my dealer saying there was a likelihood of the Macan S being delivered sooner too. Great news. Now we need more specifics!!
Old 03-13-2019, 07:39 PM
srochwerg
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by bemdblu

I received a text from my dealer saying there was a likelihood of the Macan S being delivered sooner too. Great news. Now we need more specifics!!
I ordered a Macan S as soon as the pricing was available in Canada and have a production date of next week. I to was told about the delay til November with the caveat it might be sooner. I've reached out my dealership to see if they have any new information. I'll post as soon as I hear.
Old 03-14-2019, 01:03 PM
PorscheMeister42
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts

Can confirm, 2019 Macan S is back on for May/June 2019 release date. Always subject to the EPA/Carb testing...but this timeline includes those estimates.
Old 03-15-2019, 09:34 AM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 1,010 Likes on 586 Posts

A few weeks ago, I placed an order with PCO for a 2019 Macan S with an expected July delivery. A few days later I read on-line that the 2019’s were being delayed until Nov/Dec due to EPA certification problems. I immediately emailed my sales rep, Nik Djordjevic, and asked if this was true. It was Sunday and he responded immediately and said that he would check on Monday and let me know. Sure enough, the delay rumours were real, but I couldn’t wait until November as I had a lease that was ending. Nik understood and refunded my deposit without delay.

I spent the next two weeks looking at alternate vehicles and at lease busters trying to find something that interested me. I kept coming back to the Macan, so I enquired about the remaining 2018’s and settled on a low option base Macan that Nik had on the lot. I figured that I could drive it for a year until the 2019’s were in and then give it to my wife to use for the remaining 2 years of the lease. It was ready to be picked up yesterday and Nik, Patricia and Matthew handled the delivery perfectly. The truck was spotless and the base motor really is pretty peppy for a DD. I drove it 11 kms home and parked it in the garage as I had planned to drive our old MDX until the weather was better.

Later that night, I was on Rennlist and the Macan Forum and guys started posting that they had heard that Porsche had revised the 2019 Macan delivery schedule back to the original May timeframe. I couldn’t believe it! The next morning, I checked into the forums amd more guys made similar posts...it appeared to be true. I’ll admit that I was very disappointed, but PCO wasn’t at fault, so I decided to just suck it up and keep to the original plan. Just after lunch my cell rang and it was Nik. He said that he had some news and I responded that I already knew. I told him that I was disappointed, but knew that it wasn’t their fault. He then said, ‘how would you feel if we undid the deal?”. I honestly couldn’t believe that they would consider that. I ended up taking the base Macan back last night and got a full refund that I put towards the S that I originally wanted! Many sincere thanks to Nik and the management at PCO. THAT is how you take care of customers. I am a difficult guy to please with extremely high expectations with respect to customer service and they nailed it.
Old 03-15-2019, 12:23 PM
03clyde
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Roller coaster

About a month and a half ago we had a well optioned 2019 Macan S ordered with a May delivery date. Then came the issue with the November delay. We bailed out of the allocation. Test drove the base Cayenne and the Cayenne S ultimately ordering a nicely optioned S version. Last evening, and thanks to posts on this forum, I saw the "return" of the 2019 Macan S. Called my SA who confirmed the information. Went back to the configurator last night and again this morning building a Macan to our liking. The Cayenne order was a couple days passed the freeze date but the dealer reversed it. We are now back to waiting for our 2019 Macan S. Freeze date 3/22/19, delivery date 6/21/19. My SA and his dealership have always been first class. This will be our fourth P car. Here's hoping it all goes through in timely fashion.

Quick Reply: 2019 Macan S Delayed until Nov 2019?