Notices
Macan 2014-Current

2019 Macan Teaser

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 01:32 PM
YllwG8r
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...same thought here, just looking for a DD that's fun yet somewhat economical...
Old 07-27-2018, 01:42 PM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by JDailey
I think Porsche knows not to get the base Macan too close to 300hp or many buyers won't opt for the higher-margin Macan S. I drove the "base" Macan from San Francisco to Seattle a few months ago and for me it was *plenty*. And I'm coming from a BMW X1 with the incline six-cylinder, 3-liter turbo engine making 300 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque. Even though the Macan was a power downgrade technically, I'd never notice. When I buy my Macan, I'll almost certainly go for the four-cylinder turbo version. I prefer the better gas mileage and I'm not going to track it.

-James
Seattle, WA
2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i loaded/auto (current)
2006 BMW X3 3.0i loaded/manual
2006 BMW 330Ci convertible loaded/manual
1998 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro loaded/auto
Originally Posted by YllwG8r
...same thought here, just looking for a DD that's fun yet somewhat economical...
if that’s the goal the base motor is perfect. I ran one for 6 months before getting my GTS and around town there’s at least a 5 mpg difference between the two. On the freeway driven gently, i would see close to 29mpg with the base where I think I’ve seen 23 max with the GTS.

performance wise, the base car is very peppy up to about 60, and above that you can feel the weight a little bit more, but I wouldn’t call it slow.

If outright acceleration isn’t your priority the base model is a wonderful car!
Old 07-28-2018, 12:50 PM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by z3mcoupe
Lol, I'm keeping my '17 GTS as it has an actual Porsche engine and not an Audi unit, as all these facelift models will have. As for aesthetics, I do prefer the rear of the current one, front of the new one (those new LED headlights look fantastic) and the interior of the new one. Those new 21" multi-spoke wheels are a nice addition too.
I am with you. Part of the allure in me getting the Macan Turbo was knowing it has a Porsche engineered bespoke engine (still surprised to see this has been the only application of the 3.6 in any Porsche, so perhaps got too expensive to sustain given no cross-model sharing and is produced in relatively small numbers, hence no economies of scale).

I like the interior of the facelift, but cannot quite stomach the new tail lights. It screams to me of a Lincoln MKC (no joke, far more of that than the bigger Cayenne brother). Not crazy about the front either, I feel Porsche got it right the first time around, which probably explains the rather long period before facelift, never thought even 4 yrs later it is getting long in the tooth...

Old 07-28-2018, 04:44 PM
texasviany
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
I just bounced over to the other Macan forum and a guy there says he just ordered his MY2019 and has been told October delviery by his SA. Who knows.
I just ordered a '18 GTS for October delivery.....
Old 07-28-2018, 07:28 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
I just bounced over to the other Macan forum and a guy there says he just ordered his MY2019 and has been told October delviery by his SA. Who knows.
Unfortunately this gentleman has been given wrong information. The 2019 Macan will be added to the configurator in September. Allocations will begin with October with two more models added in November and December. I’ve heard the GTS model will be significantly delayed. Deliveries will begin end of first quarter or April. I know they mentioned summer but I believe that is being very conservative due to all the delays with prior cars trying to get EPA/CARB certification.

hope this helps clarify some wrong information out there.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:26 PM
Sincity
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
I’ve heard the GTS model will be significantly delayed.
I've been following the facelift thread over at the Macan forum and didn't want to wait any longer and ordered a GTS in April and just picked it up 2 wks ago.
Old 07-29-2018, 08:15 PM
manouk
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Also just bought a silver gts gonna pick up next week.
Hopefully with some pictures
Old 07-30-2018, 09:47 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 163 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand
I am with you. Part of the allure in me getting the Macan Turbo was knowing it has a Porsche engineered bespoke engine (still surprised to see this has been the only application of the 3.6 in any Porsche, so perhaps got too expensive to sustain given no cross-model sharing and is produced in relatively small numbers, hence no economies of scale).
Porsche uses a version of the 3.6 liter twin turbo V6 in the 958.2 gen (2015+) versions of both the Cayenne S and GTS models.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:33 PM
wwahl
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Ferdinand

I like the interior of the facelift, but cannot quite stomach the new tail lights. It screams to me of a Lincoln MKC (no joke, far more of that than the bigger Cayenne brother). Not crazy about the front either, I feel Porsche got it right the first time around, which probably explains the rather long period before facelift, never thought even 4 yrs later it is getting long in the tooth...

Those tail lights are ugly.

Quick Reply: 2019 Macan Teaser