Notices
Macan 2014-Current

2019 Macan Teaser

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2018, 08:54 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Interesting material. I like everything they have done and enjoy the "designspeak" for its passion and frankly "entertainment" angles. I even don't mind the cliche rear light strip even though it makes the rear a bit less interesting than the current model. But whats up with Porsche limiting new technology information to new tires, wheels and suspension optimization? It will take something significant in the way of power plant and performances advances for me to think about a new one to replace my 2016 S- even though I've been lusting after a GTS.

Last edited by chuckbdc; 07-25-2018 at 10:11 AM.
Old 07-25-2018, 09:12 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,053 Likes on 1,233 Posts

I'll stick with my 18 GTS. So far I don't care for what I see but will reserve judgment until I see it in person.
Old 07-25-2018, 02:20 PM
irv09
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I will wait to see the tech in person. I have an 18 Panamera and the embedded SIM doesn’t allow a WiFi connection so Siri is nonfunctional. My 17 Macan GTS is fine. Apple Car Play does not take advantage of the larger screen. I would like to see if the rear lights are 3D like the Panamera, which will be a much better look.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:18 PM
JonCanadian
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Are they keeping the same number of Macan models? I'm quite happy with my 18 GTS and the fancy taillight doesn't really interest me.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:15 PM
Mark in Baltimore
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 320 Posts

The tail lights are expectedly disappointing. The 3/4 rear view of the current model is what won me over when I first saw it in person.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:06 AM
changster123
Racer

Received 78 Likes on 49 Posts

The international Porsche website says available to order in Sept. Does anyone know usually when deliveries would be if you can order in Sept?
Old 07-26-2018, 01:51 AM
AkechiMotors
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Love the new tail light, but I think the outgoing front fascia is a lot better looking than the new one. It's more than a little disappointing that there is seemingly no hp bump, nor any chance of a hybrid. The larger screen is nice, and I'm curious about how different the car feels after the chassis "tuning," but generally, this is a really conservative, Apple-like facelift. But, it's hard to improve on the original - it's basically the best looking, best performing SUV in history.
Old 07-26-2018, 02:29 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Many will be happy the buttons are still there, and the wider PCM screen has a knock-on effect of moving the hand-freezing vents lower. I think part of the display will be cut off by the wheel, unless you drive from the back seat like the pics. That **** for the mode select is a big plus, same as my 911. Android support finally (after placement money runs out from apple). This all looks good for future sales to me, nice facelift.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:07 AM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

blah, blah, blah...The thing is bitchin and the haters can spin it anyway they want to justify keeping their older models and why love/like the model they currently have, BUT, when push comes to shove, and when September rolls around, the Porsche configurator website will be inundated with people ordering this 'facelift' and the associated handwringing that goes with the decisions of what to order on the car. My prediction is that we shall see a few examples before years end with the majority of these cars next summer. And for the record, my ordered MY 2018 GTS is slated for October delivery, I intend to drive it two years and trade it for the MY2019 once all the bugs are worked out in the facelift model. Having said that, IF, by some stroke of magic my 18 is really a 19 (I know very doubtful, buy my SA and the GSM says is possible) then so be it. I'l be very happy either way!
Old 07-26-2018, 01:09 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Don't know if there are any kinks to be worked out. It is basically a facelift, no? I was told that engine choices are those v6 engines in the Panamera. Those have been in the market for awhile. The four cylinder is basically the Golf R. The PCM is basically the Panamera. Also, Porsche is not known to be a manufacturer that has issues with first year cars.
Old 07-26-2018, 01:24 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by visitador
Don't know if there are any kinks to be worked out. It is basically a facelift, no? I was told that engine choices are those v6 engines in the Panamera. Those have been in the market for awhile. The four cylinder is basically the Golf R. The PCM is basically the Panamera. Also, Porsche is not known to be a manufacturer that has issues with first year cars.
We'll not so fast. I had the first year Cayanne and had to sue Porsche(successfully) to take it back WORSE POS I have ever owed. Thats why I'm thinking twice about the Taycan pre-order.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:15 PM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
blah, blah, blah...The thing is bitchin and the haters can spin it anyway they want to justify keeping their older models and why love/like the model they currently have, BUT, when push comes to shove, and when September rolls around, the Porsche configurator website will be inundated with people ordering this 'facelift' and the associated handwringing that goes with the decisions of what to order on the car. My prediction is that we shall see a few examples before years end with the majority of these cars next summer. And for the record, my ordered MY 2018 GTS is slated for October delivery, I intend to drive it two years and trade it for the MY2019 once all the bugs are worked out in the facelift model. Having said that, IF, by some stroke of magic my 18 is really a 19 (I know very doubtful, buy my SA and the GSM says is possible) then so be it. I'l be very happy either way!
Lol, I'm keeping my '17 GTS as it has an actual Porsche engine and not an Audi unit, as all these facelift models will have. As for aesthetics, I do prefer the rear of the current one, front of the new one (those new LED headlights look fantastic) and the interior of the new one. Those new 21" multi-spoke wheels are a nice addition too.
Old 07-26-2018, 11:18 PM
promocop
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by z3mcoupe
Lol, I'm keeping my '17 GTS as it has an actual Porsche engine and not an Audi unit, as all these facelift models will have. As for aesthetics, I do prefer the rear of the current one, front of the new one (those new LED headlights look fantastic) and the interior of the new one. Those new 21" multi-spoke wheels are a nice addition too.
Is that the word? that the GTS will have the Audi Engine? Well, if thats the case then I will be taking my MY2018 in October. I agree with your assessment
Old 07-27-2018, 03:10 AM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by promocop
Is that the word? that the GTS will have the Audi Engine? Well, if thats the case then I will be taking my MY2018 in October. I agree with your assessment
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...and-technology

It appears to be. I think these are the same motors which are used in the new Panamera and in the new hot Audi RS models (RS5 uses the same 2.9 V6 as the new Macan Turbo - I think it's also the same motor used in the Panamera S).
Old 07-27-2018, 12:41 PM
JDailey
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 48 Posts

I think Porsche knows not to get the base Macan too close to 300hp or many buyers won't opt for the higher-margin Macan S. I drove the "base" Macan from San Francisco to Seattle a few months ago and for me it was *plenty*. And I'm coming from a BMW X1 with the in-line six-cylinder, 3-liter turbo engine making 300 hp and 300 lb-ft of torque. Even though the Macan was a power downgrade technically, I'd never notice. When I buy my Macan, I'll almost certainly go for the four-cylinder turbo version. I prefer the better gas mileage and I'm not going to track it.

-James
Seattle, WA
2014 BMW X1 xDrive35i loaded/auto (current)
2006 BMW X3 3.0i loaded/manual
2006 BMW 330Ci convertible loaded/manual
1998 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro loaded/auto

Last edited by JDailey; 07-27-2018 at 02:39 PM.

Quick Reply: 2019 Macan Teaser