Notices
Macan EV Discuss the 2024 Porsche Macan EV
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Meet the all-electric Macan at a Porsche Experience Center (free!)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 09:24 PM
tmrqs
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by PSPJames
I really wish we could have done this BEFORE locking in my order, as I would have done a couple options differently.
Thanks for your thoughts!
Out to curiosity, what would you have spec’ed differently in hindsight?
The following users liked this post:
RList911 (06-25-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 09:30 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts

And conversely please, after your experience what options are you especially glad you spec’d?
Old 06-25-2024, 09:41 PM
PSPJames
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Here is the build: PRRUPPJ8

I debated and debated on the leather package ($960 option) vs the leather interior ($3280). It seemed the leather interior just added some areas that weren't important so I went with the $960 option. On my Taycan, the leather had some weird coating on it that didn't feel authentic. The seats in the Macan today were amazing. I also wanted a compass in the Sport Chrono (our Cayenne has it) but I thought it was part of a $2000+ package. It was in the Macan today and the rep said it was part of the off road package. I went back to the configurator and didn't see it listed anymore. I'm glad I went with the rear steering (my Taycan had it) and the HUD.

Dealer gave me the VIN today but I can't get it loaded to Track My Dream. He did say the vehicle goes into production next week. So fun!
TC Cruising (06-25-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 09:45 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,912 Likes on 1,903 Posts

sales people are rubbish…dash compass is a $430 option in the Performance section - you do not need to option the "off-road" package to get it. We also have the compass option on our Cayenne and my wife loves it.

The following 2 users liked this post by daveo4porsche:
RList911 (06-25-2024), TC Cruising (06-25-2024)
Old 06-25-2024, 09:56 PM
PSPJames
Track Day

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw that (honestly) figured the "dashboard" is the instrument cluster in front of you. Oh well. Probably not worth cancelling the order and starting over.
Old 06-26-2024, 11:10 AM
beye
Instructor

Received 81 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by TC Cruising
Thank you Spyerx for your detailed review. Nice to hear you rave about quite a few of its characteristics. My wife and were heading to get the RS Spyder wheels but then took a long look at how intricate all their spokes are and tried to figure out how long to clean them (so we will pass on them). We have got to see the 22” aero Exclusive Design wheels in person though they look to us pretty good in black and certainly are much quicker to clean.

I took these wheels. By the end of september, I will know if it’s easy to clean. I will keep you posted!
TC Cruising (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 02:26 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

After looking at these and knowing what we like and dont like, the Turbo has a lot of default options that when you select on the 4 drastically narrow the price spread.

On the Turbo:
some version of 20" wheels
full leather
RWS
a few paint items on exterior
sport chrono
premium package

I think that's it.

On the CT4 there were a LOT more boxes ticked.
daveo4porsche (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 05:47 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,912 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
After looking at these and knowing what we like and dont like, the Turbo has a lot of default options that when you select on the 4 drastically narrow the price spread.

On the Turbo:
some version of 20" wheels
full leather
RWS
a few paint items on exterior
sport chrono
premium package

I think that's it.

On the CT4 there were a LOT more boxes ticked.
the Turbo is very very well equipped "standard" - so yeah fewer options - I was super surprised - if you make the "4" equal the "Turbo Standard" the price difference is much much less…
Old 06-26-2024, 08:55 PM
ExVolt
8th Gear

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Chose Rear Axle Steering After Demo

We demo'ed the Macan Turbo in LA today. We agree with everyone else - it's a beautiful, fast, and very comfortable vehicle. It's hard for me to call it an SUV as it's pretty sleek and doesn't exude the SUV vibe.

I did want to mention that the car has incredible maneuverability: sharp turns, tight curve hugging, nimble swerving, and a tiny turning radius. The driver couldn't tell me if it had rear axle steering (we did ask), but I have to believe it did as I've never seen a turn radius this small. I did some research and people indicate rear axle steering can also help with a tight garage situation (which I have). I figured that if it was that much fun to drive AND it might help with our garage, it's worth the price. So, I called my SA and, he got it changed. Keep in mind, our lock date is tomorrow! This is what you call a "just in time" demo.

And, the other plus of today - we had ordered Provence as we believed it would look great based on the sample at the dealer. It's more of a dark gray with a bit of purple in it rather than the other way around. However, the configurator's rendering of Provence scared me a bit. Look, it's not a macho thing, but a pink car is not something I wanted. The Provence car at PECLA looked how we were hoping it would look (actually, it looked much better), so we are now super excited for October.

The following 2 users liked this post by ExVolt:
fjpdds (07-04-2024), TC Cruising (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 09:45 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts

Nicely written up with more major positive news for us “side liners.” I too have an out of garage tight turn and will be ordering RWS primarily for that purpose (avoiding completely the need for even one back and forth to make the turn). TU.

Glad you like Province having your seen it personally, especially your description of it being primary a darkish gray.
Old 06-27-2024, 07:01 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,039 Likes on 2,302 Posts

What I want to know is why do all Porsche EVs have glass roofs, why no option for an aluminum roof like in Europe? The top of my head bakes from the heat of the sun in the taycan on warm days.
TC Cruising (06-29-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 08:20 PM
TimTennis
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by tmrqs
Got this over email - and it’s free!
Wish I lived close to one of these…

Meet the all-electric Macan at a Porsche Experience Center.

Beginning this June, Porsche Experience Center Atlanta and Los Angeles will offer a complimentary Macan Electric Immersion program. An introduction to our first fully electric SUV, Porsche product experts will take you on an in-depth tour of the all-electric Macan, followed by a ride-along on the PEC track with a Porsche Drive Coach. This is your exclusive opportunity to experience the all-electric Macan yourself—before it arrives at Porsche Centers.

Event Key Facts
  • Test drive the new Electric Macan on the exhilarating track.
  • Experience the unmatched performance and innovation of Porsche's electric vehicle technology.
  • Meet fellow Porsche enthusiasts and share in the excitement of this exclusive event.
  • Discover the thrill of driving a Porsche like never before.

Event Details

For a limited time, experience the Macan Electric at the Porsche Experience Center starting mid-June. The complimentary Macan Electric Preview will introduce you to our first fully electric SUV. Join the Porsche Experience Center teams for an in-depth tour of the all-electric Macan, then observe it firsthand as a Porsche Drive Coach takes you for a tour around the PEC track to showcase the vehicle’s capability. With multiple slots throughout the duration of the program, there is plenty of time to sign up and participate. It’s your exclusive opportunity to sample the all-electric Macan for yourself.

Each Macan Electric Preview experience is 30 minutes and includes a 10-minute detailed walk around of the vehicle followed by a 20-minute on track experience with a professional drive coach behind the wheel.

Event Details:
Date: 6/11/24 - 7/27/24

To RSVP and secure your slot, select the time slot that works best for your schedule.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Porsche Experience Center for an electrifying experience with the new Macan Electric!

Reserve at PEC Atlanta

Reserve at PEC Los Angeles
I did this a few weeks at at the PEC in Atlanta. It was the first day they offered it and they had 4 Macans which were built for Singapore but had to have their ECUs converted to English, etc.. Two Turbos (not available but drove by them) and two Macan 4s. Driver and I did the walk around and then spent 30 minutes with driver and I having a blast on the West track, mostly on the wet course. You won't be able to drive the but riding shotgun was a blast.

Larger than the ICE Macan, the Macan EV is a step ahead in terms of looks and interior. I think it looks best without a roof rack, which makes it seem smaller. This EV hauls butt even with an additional two riders we picked and who rode in the back.
TC Cruising (06-29-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 06:46 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,878 Likes on 1,518 Posts

Originally Posted by TimTennis
I did this a few weeks at at the PEC in Atlanta. It was the first day they offered it and they had 4 Macans which were built for Singapore but had to have their ECUs converted to English, etc.. Two Turbos (not available but drove by them) and two Macan 4s. Driver and I did the walk around and then spent 30 minutes with driver and I having a blast on the West track, mostly on the wet course. You won't be able to drive the but riding shotgun was a blast.

Larger than the ICE Macan, the Macan EV is a step ahead in terms of looks and interior. I think it looks best without a roof rack, which makes it seem smaller. This EV hauls butt even with an additional two riders we picked and who rode in the back.
English is the official language in Singapore so it's weird they had to convert that; maybe they needed to convert from Km to miles and Celsius to Fahrenheit? Singapore is also RHD, just BTW.
Old 06-29-2024, 05:30 PM
TimTennis
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn’t push the issue with the driver, just sharing what he said. I did think it odd, but……………
Old 06-29-2024, 07:17 PM
aggie57
Rennlist Member

Received 2,878 Likes on 1,518 Posts

Originally Posted by TimTennis
I didn’t push the issue with the driver, just sharing what he said. I did think it odd, but……………
All good, sounds like he was a little confused ! We’re going to check the Macan out at PECLA this Wednesday followed by a burger at Cafe 917 👍

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Meet the all-electric Macan at a Porsche Experience Center (free!)