Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Macan EV Production and Delivery Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2024, 07:23 PM
Larson E. Rapp
Pro

Received 393 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
For those who specced and put down a deposit, I'm surprised there's little concern on this board about the new availability of a model (4S) between the 4 and Turbo. Pretty sure I would have chosen this instead of the 4 had I known or been told about it. .

"This your first Porsche?"
The following users liked this post:
AlexCeres (07-16-2024)
Old 07-16-2024, 07:29 PM
TC Cruising
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 58 Posts

When the first 2025 Mecan EV allocations come out, would someone please post that here? TU.
Old 07-16-2024, 09:38 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Larson E. Rapp

"This your first Porsche?"
No. Fifth. Up to this point I've had zero complaints with the Porsche buying process. Everything went as planned, no surprises.
leowc (07-16-2024)
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM
momo360
Racer

Received 199 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by mb1
For those who specced and put down a deposit, I'm surprised there's little concern on this board about the new availability of a model (4S) between the 4 and Turbo. Pretty sure I would have chosen this instead of the 4 had I known or been told about it. About 100 hp difference, newer model year for 6K.
Can you cancel your order? In CA, all deposits are required by law to be fully refundable. I would dump that 4 if you can/want a 4S.
Old Yesterday, 03:36 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by momo360
Can you cancel your order? In CA, all deposits are required by law to be fully refundable. I would dump that 4 if you can/want a 4S.
I'm waiting to hear back from my sales manager. I don't expect to have difficulty shifting my deposit to a '25. I'm just frustrated with the roll out of the Macan EV. These potential issues were predictable and seemingly avoidable. I had the '24 v. '25 model year discussion with the sales manager months ago and was assured that the 4S wouldn't happen, at least for a while.
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM
Awas
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

When I paid deposit for Macan 4 nearly 5 months ago, the Sales Executive at the Porsche dealership told me the same story when I enquired about the base RWD version, and he said it was unlikely to come out.

Now I'm trying to change my reservation for the base model - my cost constraints and I prefer RWD and its longer range, anyway. I don't need a superfast car on speed limited roads. Most EVs are pretty fast anyway compared to ICE equivalent.
Besides, at 0-62, the base Macan is just half a second slower than Macan 4.

Now even after adding more options on the base Macan, which I wanted but couldn't afford, I'm still saving quite a bit : )
Old Today, 01:59 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,987 Likes on 2,272 Posts

I think I'm gonna shift from the Turbo to the 4S, seems to be my sweet spot.
Old Today, 02:09 AM
tmrqs
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Based on the specs of my Turbo order, switching to the 4S would save me about $8k - not insignificant.

However the car wouldn’t look as good (front and back) and would be slower too. The 4S is certainly more than adequate but…

Seeing as I’m splurging on this car, I feel $8k is an affordable price to pay to get what I have been eyeing all along.
mikeright (Today)

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Macan EV Production and Delivery Discussion Thread