Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Macan EV: Allocation Availability

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2024 | 11:17 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hitmonlee
I don’t get the appeal either. Way over 100 cars? You might as well become a full time used car dealer at that point.
Me either. Zhao wrote "I dont know but I generally don't lose money on owning cars. I often end up making money. " Friends who visit Vegas usually say the same. I listen but I know that Vegas wasn't built on winners.

Zhao has a lot of posts and a lot of likes so I give him credit for his contributions 👍
Old 02-25-2024 | 08:27 PM
Frenchboy
AutoX

I am surprised to hear you have an allocation already. I have a deposit with a Seattle dealership and am being told I will be among the first 20 to get one from them. My salesperson told me allocations and build details should be released in June 2024.

I am still debating Macan 4 vs. Turbo. This will be my DD to replace my 2016 F80 M3 Comp.

Originally Posted by TurboIXXI
I ordered a Macan Turbo and they sent me the build sheet the next day. The sheet shows order type as "KF - Customer Vehicle" and "V200 delivery date determined" No deposit and the brand ambassador told me eta is July. I made a few changes and waiting for an updated build sheet.
This is my 2nd car from this dealer. I don't think they want me to tell anyone the price or which dealer i'm getting mine from. I hope it's for MSRP, as they didn't mention ADM nor does the build sheet. I've read in other threads where an ADM pops up after the car arrives.. really hope not because I checked every option box possible.
Old 02-25-2024 | 08:49 PM
stanwyk
Advanced

Originally Posted by Frenchboy
I am surprised to hear you have an allocation already. I have a deposit with a Seattle dealership and am being told I will be among the first 20 to get one from them. My salesperson told me allocations and build details should be released in June 2024.

I am still debating Macan 4 vs. Turbo. This will be my DD to replace my 2016 F80 M3 Comp.
When did you try to submit an order? The “first 20” seems ridiculous if you want a 4 vs a Turbo. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a waitlist in some markets now, but you might be able to call around and find a dealer with an allocation.
Old 02-25-2024 | 09:37 PM
Frenchboy
AutoX

Originally Posted by stanwyk
When did you try to submit an order? The “first 20” seems ridiculous if you want a 4 vs a Turbo. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a waitlist in some markets now, but you might be able to call around and find a dealer with an allocation.
I have been on the waitlist with the dealership for a couple of years. I believe I am #13 on the list. I am told I will get an allocation in June and that is fine with me. I am in no particular rush as long as I get one this year. I was just surprised allocations had been released since this was not what my SA indicated. It is a "smaller" dealership so possibly larger ones are getting earlier allocations.
Old 02-25-2024 | 09:54 PM
stanwyk
Advanced

I have been on the waitlist with the dealership for a couple of years. I believe I am #13 on the list. I am told I will get an allocation in June and that is fine with me. I am in no particular rush as long as I get one this year. I was just surprised allocations had been released since this was not what my SA indicated. It is a "smaller" dealership so possibly larger ones are getting earlier allocations.
I think you could broaden your search and get an earlier allocation, but understand if that isn’t important to you. I work with a very small dealership and secured an allocation, but EVs aren’t popular in my area.
The following users liked this post:
RList911 (04-20-2024)
Old 02-26-2024 | 12:39 AM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

NorCal dealer had list of 47 dating back several years based on anticipation. 4 Macan 4 EV allocations, expect we will be late 2024 or 2025 for our Macan Turbo.
RList911 (04-20-2024)
Old 02-26-2024 | 01:47 AM
hitmonlee
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jeff Whitten
NorCal dealer had list of 47 dating back several years based on anticipation. 4 Macan 4 EV allocations, expect we will be late 2024 or 2025 for our Macan Turbo.
I won’t be surprised if half or more of those 47 are no longer interested when it’s their turn to spec/pay.
Jeff Whitten (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024 | 07:33 AM
tstafford
Race Car

FWIW - I have an allocation and the dealer has confirmed it has (or had) a commission number. Having been in the Porsche world too long, I don't believe anything I hear unless there is a commission number.

That said, I'm still a little skeptical. Although I have a screen shot from the Porsche system confirming the order it's never shown up in TYD. I'm waiting a few more weeks before pigging my BA and seeing the current status.
Old 02-26-2024 | 08:40 AM
beye
Instructor

In France, I’ve secured an order: I saw on the dealer’s screen some squares, organized per month, one of witch was allocated to me. The dealer told me: that is your Macan EV. For some reason, it seemed like a big deal to him!
I am not used to the porsche buy process, apologize if that means nothing.

He also told me that the first Macan EVs will arrive in France in the showroom by june, the first models for journalist in march, and the first deliveries in september.

Last edited by beye; 02-26-2024 at 08:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-26-2024 | 09:56 AM
stanwyk
Advanced

Originally Posted by tstafford
FWIW - I have an allocation and the dealer has confirmed it has (or had) a commission number. Having been in the Porsche world too long, I don't believe anything I hear unless there is a commission number.

That said, I'm still a little skeptical. Although I have a screen shot from the Porsche system confirming the order it's never shown up in TYD. I'm waiting a few more weeks before pigging my BA and seeing the current status.
To the extent this is helpful, I contacted PCNA concerning the Macan 4 in TYD. PCNA confirmed that my commission number is correct and that the commission is associated with my account and there are no delays. However, the Macan 4 and Macan Turbo are not available in TYD. The implication in the email is that neither of these will be available in TYD for some time.
n4v4nod (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024 | 10:35 AM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hitmonlee
I won’t be surprised if half or more of those 47 are no longer interested when it’s their turn to spec/pay.
I agree. Hoping to move up the list dramatically.
hitmonlee (02-26-2024)
Old 02-26-2024 | 02:12 PM
tstafford
Race Car

To the extent this is helpful, I contacted PCNA concerning the Macan 4 in TYD. PCNA confirmed that my commission number is correct and that the commission is associated with my account and there are no delays. However, the Macan 4 and Macan Turbo are not available in TYD. The implication in the email is that neither of these will be available in TYD for some time.
Very helpful. Thank you.
Old 02-29-2024 | 02:31 PM
stanwyk
Advanced

Porsche sent an email announcing the in-person event for the Macan in the USA at SXSW.

The first line: “Coming this fall.” It seems Porsche has abandoned any hope for summer deliveries.

There’s really no point in calling this a 2024 model. Given the way this project has gone, I wouldn’t be shocked if there are more delays.
Old 02-29-2024 | 02:44 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Yes, I got a similar introductory email. The Chicago area debut will be early March. According to my well-informed sales manager, the first batch will be '24's, not '25's. He assumes a price increase when the 25's arrive. My inclination is that I'd rather pay a few $ more for the '25, but I'm still undecided.
Old 03-01-2024 | 07:38 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Porsche sent an email announcing the in-person event for the Macan in the USA at SXSW.

The first line: “Coming this fall.” It seems Porsche has abandoned any hope for summer deliveries.

There’s really no point in calling this a 2024 model. Given the way this project has gone, I wouldn’t be shocked if there are more delays.
That's how I read it too.

Going to reach out to my BA in a few weeks and probably push my order to '25 model.

Quick Reply: Macan EV: Allocation Availability