Notices

If you have a problem with the way this board or Rennlist is run...

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 01:46 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
Default If you have a problem with the way this board or Rennlist is run...

State it like an adult.

In a civilized manner.

If you resort to insulting moderators or administrators who volunteer to make this place run, you'll get banned.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:15 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

I stated it this way to Mike Globe on his IB better start bailing fast thread

No one has been banned from offering criticism or objecting to how we run the site. Simple as that. I'm not threatening to ban you for speaking up. You know me better than that.

If you don't like something, tell us why. I don't object to anyone having a different opinion here.

But people who offer insults to the mods on this board will be the ones banned. Not the ones who are speaking up in a civilized manner.

Do me a favor. Go back and read the clarified guidelines for Rennlist. They are basically what you agreed to when you joined. I think they are very reasonable.

The big issue the last couple days is what constitutes an appropriate avatar.
Believe me, the opinions we've been receiving by members who have PAID for their membership vary all greatly. Who's right? We're trying to work this out.

Finally the need is not for me to admonish Sean and edit his insulting post. The need is for Sean to act like a grownup and state his objections. Not hurl insults.[/QUOTE]
Old 12-26-2008, 04:45 AM
Ivana Lopacockoff
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Finally the need is not for me to admonish Sean and edit his insulting post. The need is for Sean to act like a grownup and state his objections. Not hurl insults.
[/QUOTE]

How about you call Sean and discuss with him on the phone what his "insulting posts" were about, inferred. He sent you his phone number more than once.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

How about you call Sean and discuss with him on the phone what his "insulting posts" were about, inferred. He sent you his phone number more than once.[/QUOTE]

Sean

I can't find it. I'm lifting the ban, so you can pm it to me.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:07 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don’t flip off an administrator or a moderator.

For now it’s two weeks.

You don’t flip off an administrator.
I don't know you, but I read that and it doesn't seem in line with the way rennlist is moderated. Getting angry and banning someone because they push your buttons may be human but it is not a good idea. You are a mod, you will naturally have more (expletive) flying your way.. When I was in high school there were kids that acted up, and there were times the teacher should have punched them in the face, but that wouldn't be an appropriate response, would it?

So yeah, I think you are way out of line for banning him because of his avatar change. In a perfect world, you should have taken it in stride...

Lighten up man... it must be frustrating to take everything so personally.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:40 AM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lorax
I don't know you, but I read that and it doesn't seem in line with the way rennlist is moderated. Getting angry and banning someone because they push your buttons may be human but it is not a good idea. You are a mod, you will naturally have more (expletive) flying your way.. When I was in high school there were kids that acted up, and there were times the teacher should have punched them in the face, but that wouldn't be an appropriate response, would it?

So yeah, I think you are way out of line for banning him because of his avatar change. In a perfect world, you should have taken it in stride...

Lighten up man... it must be frustrating to take everything so personally.
Since your partially quoted the post about the banning, you should go back and read the entire post and the reason for the ban. That user was banned for posting hardcore ****, not for his avatars. The message about flipping off an admin was just to point out additional behaviors that were a problem.

So if I want to do the same and take your post and twist it, I can assume you want to be able to post hardcore **** here, right?

The point is that someone did a number of things and received punishment for the most severe. If I rob a convenience store at gunpoint and then come back 30 seconds later and shoplift, getting sentenced to prison does not mean the punishment was for shoplifting.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
Since your partially quoted the post about the banning, you should go back and read the entire post and the reason for the ban. That user was banned for posting hardcore ****, not for his avatars. The message about flipping off an admin was just to point out additional behaviors that were a problem.

So if I want to do the same and take your post and twist it, I can assume you want to be able to post hardcore **** here, right?

The point is that someone did a number of things and received punishment for the most severe. If I rob a convenience store at gunpoint and then come back 30 seconds later and shoplift, getting sentenced to prison does not mean the punishment was for shoplifting.
The way I see it is that he was already let off for whatever he posted. VR didn't seem to appreciate the "grace" he was given and was banned because he made the mod mad... kinda "indian giving" if you ask me. It's his perogative, I guess I have just been spoiled by the moderation on this site since I have been here, which has been above and beyond the call. Something about this just does not feel like something that normally happens around here..

Not saying you can't ban people but it's not good to do it in anger or for reasons that make you sound like a cop yelling for someone to "Respect my authority!" or something...
Old 12-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Find a poll on the new guidelines here: https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist...uidelines.html
Old 12-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

I don't talk to anyone whose nick I can't pronounce. Just kidding. That is a tough one, though. Phew!
Old 12-28-2008, 01:15 PM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Phonetically: fo-kai-o-glou-kus

When I bought the GT3 in seal grey my daughter was studying Attic Greek and constructed this word which means, drum roll please, seal grey.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:58 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
this word which means, drum roll please, seal grey.
***That is so cool!
Old 02-02-2012, 11:11 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
That user was banned for posting hardcore ****, not for his avatars.
I already lose a hell of a lot of productive time surfing the "I'd hit it thread". If there was a **** thread I might never get anything accomplished.

Quick Reply: If you have a problem with the way this board or Rennlist is run...