Notices

"Protect" HWFMR

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 12:58 AM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

I was wondering if the newly enforced old rules would effect this area. Hell, in some of the forums the "Official For Sale" threads have been locked down as others have been left up in others.

Things are getting interested. I think we need to ask JD for HWFMR at the new joint.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:28 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonster
Lol, Steve! That's the spirit!!! No, seriously . . . when I saw the post I was honestly worried, as I know Bob does come in here from time to time. I wanted us to at least have the same leniency as OT. I mean, this is the PIT folks! Almost anything is allowed so long as no personal attacks take place -- which have not occurred since the big ugly dingaling from . . . wherever he claimed to be from . . . was here. I love the way things go around here. It's so much FUN!!! So Bull, in answer to your question, I was not trying to draw negative attention to us. I was trying to make sure that you all (and myself at times) don't get those demerits thingees. Once that starts happening, things would never be the same. I really like everyone here (even though I moderate in other places when the forum needs the help), and don't want anything to change. Not even VR's girlie pics, lol.

That's why I said let's protect what we have. If Bob really does enforce those rules everywhere, we'll be in the ****ter. There . . . even a mod said ****ter. Is that rated G? I mean, I've heard my next door neighbor's grandson say WAY worse than that.
Of course I understand the reasoning. It was the method I questioned...would have been a perfect place for a PM, instead of asking for special treatment in front of everyone, most of whom won't get special treatment.

Oh well, doesn't matter any longer at this point!
Old 12-21-2008, 08:34 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Ahem.

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour **** out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you.
You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon.
You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done.
I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cut. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth. And did I mention you smell?
Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly.
You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs.
You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.
And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake?
You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile one-handed slack-jawed drooling meatslapper.
On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go.
You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod. Bugger off, pillock. You grotty wanking oik artless base-court apple-john. You clouted boggish foot-licking twit. You dankish clack-dish plonker. You gormless crook-pated tosser. You churlish boil-brained clotpole ponce. You cockered bum-bailey poofter. You craven dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing gleeking flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted fobbing beef-witted clapper-clawed flirt-gill.
You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away.
I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are. I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. Stupid so stupid that it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. I'm sorry. I can't go on. This is an epiphany of stupid for me. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half baked comments about unimportant trivia, or any of the rest of this drivel. Duh.
the only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of your of what you wrote, because, well... it didn't really say anything. Your attempt at constructing a creative flame was pitiful. I mean, really, stringing together a bunch of insults among a load of babbling was hardly effective... Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that many of us "normal" people take for granted that everyone has an easy time of mastering. But we sometimes forget that there are "challenged" persons in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known, that this was your case then I would have never read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space. I wish you the best of luck in the emotional, and social struggles that seem to be placing such a demand on you.

Little did VR's Therapist know what he would unleash when he told VR that he must begin listening to his Inner Self and his own Self Talk!
Old 12-21-2008, 09:58 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,415 Likes on 756 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanR
I think we need to ask JD for HWFMR at the new joint.
Huh?

What new joint???????????????
Old 12-21-2008, 12:50 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanR
I was wondering if the newly enforced old rules would effect this area. Hell, in some of the forums the "Official For Sale" threads have been locked down as others have been left up in others.

Things are getting interested. I think we need to ask JD for HWFMR at the new joint.
You know, the Moderators are human and not perfect - how about cutting us some slack. A good part of the reason for some of the changes is to try to be more consistent.
Old 12-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Good point, Mark.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:31 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

I agree. Everybody cut the moderators some fukken slack, ok?
Old 12-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Bonnie - HWFMR is a forum "just for us" already. On the other hand it is a public forum, open to all. In case you think the guidelines I posted are new, go read the existing ones, the Rennlist Charter and the Terms of Service you agreed to. All I have done is summarize them and post them in a forum so they are easy to find. I start with the notion that following guidelines is a heck of a lot easier if you know what they are.

Based on what I've seen in the past, this forum is pretty much G rated, deep-uv's recent gesture (now edited) notwithstanding. If I had to describe it in few words to someone, I'd say it is a hangout for HWFMR team-members originally founded to torment GR which has evolved into a place of good humor and friendly teasing. Is there a reason why it can't stay like that in spite of the existing rules?

As to "Infractions" that's a new feature which was added by John D and explained in the Moderators forum and a few public ones as well. All the Mods agreed that infractions are a better and more evenhanded way to deal with problems than an abrupt "vacation" or worse.

If you get an infraction, you are automatically informed. Get too many and then you pay the price. At least you get warnings and can hopefully think about your post before hitting "submit".

In sum, I am quite surprised by your reaction. I think it would be wise to wait for the Big Turtle himself to weigh in. Unless I am mistaken, HWFMR is his team and by extension, this is his forum.

Lastly, I assume you are aware that sigs and avatars are the same no matter where you post, so something which busts the rules will be visible on any forum where you post.

Best,
Old 12-21-2008, 02:46 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

We'll all live with the restrictions... or leave. But you're basically "fixing" something that's not broken.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:00 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

globe, I agree. I didn't think it was broken in the first place, so I am puzzled by the reaction.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:02 PM
SundayDriver
Lifetime Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
We'll all live with the restrictions... or leave. But you're basically "fixing" something that's not broken.
I am not sure what your definition is of "not broken". As a moderator, I can see not only the original posts before they get fixed (like everyone), but the deleted posts as well. I have seen photos and links that range from mild soft core to full on hardcore ****. I have seen personal attacks full of profanity. I have seen a lot of nastiness (especially in OT). I have seen dozens of copyright violations. The list goes on.

If you think those are all acceptable, then I guess nothing was broken. There are essentially no new rules here, as Bob said. We are clarifying the rules that many seem to have forgotten, added a system to provide fair warning and improved the coverage by moderators.

As far as HWFMR, Mike will, I am sure, chime in with his view - this is his team and mostly his forum in which we are guests. But knowing Mike as well as I do, I think he will find that the vast majority of the posts here (in the past) have been just fine. There are some exceptions and they will continue to be dealt with. As I said in my post in theRacing/DE forum, each area has its own personality and I am sure the clarification of the rules is not going to destroy the personality of the HWFMR forum - again I will leave it to Mike to clarify what that personality is and what the purpose of this place is.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

We have a purpose...or should have one?
Old 12-21-2008, 03:22 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 498 Likes on 266 Posts

Originally Posted by SundayDriver
You know, the Moderators are human and not perfect - how about cutting us some slack. A good part of the reason for some of the changes is to try to be more consistent.
I'm not ball busting at all, just stating an observation and was hoping that HWFMR was off the map.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:40 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Bull, we have a purpose, but only if the Select Committee (should there in fact be one) establishes a mission statement. As always said mission statement may be kept a secret in the grand tradition of the Team.
Old 12-21-2008, 05:09 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

I suggest everyone refer back to post #4 in this thread.....

Quick Reply: "Protect" HWFMR