Road Atlanta Feb 23-24?

Old 02-04-2008, 06:06 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

That really sucks. There are a bunch of good races that are getting hosed for improvments that have no bearing on the track that they'd use.

Hopefully Road Atlanta will realize that those regions may have money issues because of this.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:10 PM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know quite a few racers that will not be happy. I don't know the whole story yet but from the looks of it they are putting a lot of folks out for 1 M/C race weekend that may or may not come back.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:23 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Bonnie! Hello! Did you read Joe's post? Seems to be true. Race cancelled. You can still come up and enjoy north GA.

Glad the new track will be coming on line in June. So they say anyway. I hope! I hope!
Not I hope, I hope. Just so there is no confusing. :
Old 02-04-2008, 06:30 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by paradisenb
Thanks Robert. Are you planning on visiting us again this year? You're great company. The door is always open.

Where is JimBob....?
No idea - all work, no play for me Hope the track work doesn't slide so far as to mess up the PCA race at the end of March!

Last I heard, JimBob was running away with Jessica Simpson to Mexico!
Old 02-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Yeah, I saw it Randy. That's a real bummer. John rearranged his TDY so that we'd be in town that weekend. In my best Reba McIntire voice . . . "CRAAAAAP!" I'll ask John to see if he still wants to venture down. The difference would be whether or not we take his vehicle or one that the base rents for us. If we go to your house, we'll take his truck and the AF will reimburse the expenses to and from the base and the motel room. I'll ask. Man, this bites. Nice move, RA. Laguna pulled the same stupid crap on us to facilitate the Moto GP a couple of years ago. And they STILL raised the cost of running at the track. Politics stink.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

BTW, I can't make the big Porsche race at the end of March, as I have an event to run in California on April 4th. That's just too close for comfort. I'll be out again, though, around the end of April through early to mid-May. Then I will be moving out permanently in July. So there will be other opportunities to meet some of you. Still a bummer about RA though. I really wanted to see some of you guys race.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:54 PM
jester911
Drifting

Yeah I hope they don't mess with the club race the end of March. I am planning on working there and meeting up with some more Rennlisters/turtles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Road Atlanta Feb 23-24?