Notices

Darwin Awards

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 01:12 PM
Bonster
Moderator and 993 whisperer
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard that bagpipe playing required serious talent, but this is a whole new spin on things.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:51 AM
deep_uv
RIP

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, Back to business.

The 2007 Darwin Awards

Yes, it's that magical time of year again when the DarwinAwards are bestowed, honoring the least evolved among us. Here is the glorious winner:

1. When his 38-caliber revolver failed to fire at his intended victim during a hold-up in Long Beach , California ,would-be robber James Elliot did something that can only inspire wonder. He peered down the barrel and tried the trigger again. This time it worked !

And now, the honorable mentions:

2. The chef at a hotel in Switzerland lost a finger in a meat-cutting machine and, after a little shopping around, submitted a claim to his insurance company. The company expecting negligence sent out one of its men to have a look for himself. He tried the machine and he also lost a finger. The chef's claim was approved.

3. A man who shoveled snow for an hour to clear a space for his car during a blizzard in Chicago returned with his vehicle to find a woman had taken the space. Understandably, he shot her.

4. After stopping for drinks at an illegal bar, a Zimbabwean bus driver found that the 20 mental patients he was supposed to be transporting from Harare to Bulawayo had escaped. Not wanting to admit his incompetence, the driver went to a nearby bus stop and offered everyone waiting there a free ride. He then delivered the passengers to the mental hospital, telling the staff that the patients were very excitable and prone to bizarre fantasies. The deception wasn't discovered for 3 days.

5. An American teenager was in the hospital recovering from serious head wounds received from an oncoming train. When asked how he received the injuries, the lad told police that he was simply trying to see how close he could get his head to a moving train before he was hit.

6. A man walked into a Louisiana Circle-K, put a $20 bill on the counter, and asked for change. When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the man pulled a gun and asked for all the cash in the register, which the clerk promptly provided. The man took the cash from the clerk and fled, leaving the $20 bill on the counter. The total amount of cash he got from the drawer... $15.
[If someone points a gun at you and gives you money, is a crime committed?]

7. Seems an Arkansas guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. The liquor store window was made of Plexiglas. The whole event was caught on videotape.

8. As a female shopper exited a New York convenience store, a man grabbed her purse and ran. The clerk called 911 immediately, and the woman was able to give them a detailed description of the snatcher. Within minutes, th e police apprehended the snatcher. They put him in the car and drove back to the store. The thief was then taken out of the car and told to stand there for a positive ID. To which he replied, 'Yes, officer, that's her. That's the lady I stole the purse from.'

9. The Ann Arbor News crime column reported that a man walked into a Burger King in Ypsilanti , Michigan , at 5 A.M., flashed a gun, and demanded cash. The clerk turned him down because he said he couldn't open the cash register without a food order. When the man ordered onion rings, the clerk said they weren't available for breakfast. The man, frustrated, walked away.
[*A 5-STAR STUPIDITY AWARD WINNER]

10. When a man attempted to siphon gasoline from a motor home parked on a Seattle street, he got much more than he bargained for. Police arrived at the scene to find a very sick man curled up next to a motor home near spil led sewage. A police spokesman said that the man admitted to trying to steal gasoline and plugged his siphon hose into the motor home's sewage tank by mistake. The owner of the vehicle declined to press charges saying that it was the best laugh he'd ever had.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:04 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

I can relate to #3 100%. In a long past snow storm I spent many hours one cold night to cut and chip a slot in a 5 foot tall wall of rock hard ice and snow for a spot for my work truck right in front of my house. Came home from work the next day only to find that some F head in a honda that did not even live nearby parked in it. I live on a dead end so I left my truck in the street in front of his so he would have to ring my door bell to get out. When he returned late in the day and rang I asked him why he parked in the spot I had made for my truck and he said in a snide way that it was a public street. He did it again the next day while I was at work and was there when I got home. This time when he came back the plow truck had come through again and back filled a 3 foot berm in front of him. ******** was dressed in slacks and dress shoes with the little rubber slip ons, no gloves and no shovel. Mine was standing on my porch 20 feet away. He asked me if he could use it. I told him it was not my snow. He spent about 2 hours digging out with a 3 ring binder bare handed.

The plow truck had come back for another pass about 10 min after I got home. I stopped him and let him know the deal and he did a great job of leaving a berm without it looking like he ment to.
Old 01-28-2008, 06:29 PM
bsr_257
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's another one......

-----------------
JANUARY 25--A kinky sex escapade ended this week with the electrocution death of a Pennsylvania woman and the arrest of her husband for manslaughter. According to cops, Toby Taylor, 37, first claimed that his wife Kirsten was shocked by her hair dryer. But he then admitted that the couple was "into weird sexual behaviors," according to a probable cause affidavit . Taylor then explained that he hooks clips to his wife's nipples and "plugs the cord into a electric strip" and shocks her. On Wednesday evening, Taylor said, Kirsten removed her clothes, attached the clips, and shocked herself. He then picked up the electric strip and shocked her several more times, adding that he had placed a piece of electric tape over her mouth during the jolts. After the last shock, Kirsten, 29, "fell over on to her face." Taylor initially thought his wife was joking, but quickly realized she was unconscious. He then dressed her in preparation for driving to the hospital, but instead called 911 when she stopped breathing. Taylor told investigators that the couple had "been engaging in electric shock sex and other types of extreme bondage for about 2 years." He was charged yesterday with involuntary manslaughter and reckless endangerment and was jailed in the York County lockup (where he remains in custody on $100,000 bail)
Old 01-28-2008, 07:03 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Is there any way I can un-read that?
Old 01-29-2008, 09:26 AM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Udder-ly shocking and re-volting!