Notices

Why I will never be a member of HWFMR

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 06:26 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Notice I said "VP in training". I've interviewed quite a few Gen Y folks who feel that any position is just a stepping stone to the VP's office. I figure, hey....that's a great idea. I may only be in middle management, but WTF, I'm only two promotions from VP. Has sort of a catchy ring about it.

So now, no matter what I do, I consider that I am really only unrecognized "VP" material. Like I said, the sun's always out in my little world.

Non-member is like what, four hundred spots from VP? Sounds like VP in training to me

Kind of like spinning through the apex, sooner or later you'll hit one.

(I kid....I kid)
Old 11-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

This is a highly unusual application.

And I have to admit the committee, the one that may or may not exist, waivered a bit.

But such an unusual application deserves an unusual team function.

The suggestion by Larry Herman, who may or may not exist, is perfect.

We hereby declare that TJ Bill is a teammate, and the team's Official Non-Member.

This will be beneficial to the team, as VR will spend hours trying to figure out if that title means he's a member or not. As a result, he won't be posting pictures of scantily clad women that offend the WOHWFMR, or farting.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:50 PM
kurt M
Mr. Excitement
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Figure out is or has?

Please no fart jokes. They are just not funny. My 2.5 year old son was in the bath tub yelling Mommy!! Mommy!! over and over. His slightly panicked mom rushed in to see what was wrong. There he was sitting inthe tub full of soapy water smiling and looking just fine and unhurt. He looked up and said "I can see my farts!" just as clear as can be. Fired off a nice bubble maker and then did a full body laugh while falling back in the tub and kicking his legs up in the air. Nope, farts are not funny.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Official welcome Official Non-Memeber!

VR is busy trying to figure out what a Constitution is....and he is totally confused by Extra Virgin!
Old 11-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Larry Herman, who may or may not exist, is perfect.
^^^Edited for clarity^^^

Thank you Mike. It's nice to get recognition from the BT.
Retired Club Racer & National PCA Instructor
Past Flames:
1994 RS America Club Racer
2004 GT3 Track Car
1984 911 Carrera Club Racer
1974 914/4 2.0 Track Car

CLICK HERE to see some of my ancient racing videos.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:39 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Welcome not aboard Bill!

Check your PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 864 Posts

And I have to admit the committee, the one that may or may not exist, waivered a bit.

We hereby declare that TJ Bill is a teammate, and the team's Official Non-Member.

This will be beneficial to the team, as VR will spend hours trying to figure out if that title means he's a member or not. As a result, he won't be posting pictures of scantily clad women that offend the WOHWFMR, or farting.
Oh, I have been farting.

A LOT.

Since I am a Very Large Member, I think I can recognize a fellow member or its antithesis.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by trackjunky
As clarification for issue #1. I qualified pretty well for my first PCA club race, something like 9/21 5th in class or something close to that. But I was still at least two full seconds off the time of one Mr. James Buckley. So, being my first race, I took a good look at the front of his car so that I would notice it. I mean I had been looking at the back of the car each practice session as he rather routinely left me in the dust.

As expected, the leaders had checked out in first few laps. I was holding my own with respect to my position, so I was happy. But, half way through the sprint race I see this red SC with a white bumper in my rear view mirror. Believe me, after my surprise that my car actually had mirrors, I was pissed. How could I be lapped only half way through the sprint race! I must really suck.

So as not to upset the "real race" that was going on around me, I decided to slow down to allow a good passing opportunity for the lead group. I begin to feverishly wave my hand out the window signaling the proper "DE/you can pass now sign". I almost immediately see the corner worker (I was going slow, so I could look around) signaling me with a rolled up black flag to put my arm back in the car. I'm like, WTF, I'm trying to do the right thing here. Anyway, Buckley goes screaming by and kind of gives me a quick "what the hell was that" glance out his passenger side window.

After the race, the corner worker comes to me and says "you know, its not a DE. You don't need to point people by. Keep your hands in the car or you'll get a black flag." After I told him that I was just trying to let the leaders by, he informed me that Jim had just come from the black flag station and that I gave him my position. Doh!

As for issue #5, I am not VR. I merely train in his dojo.
Now THAT is an excellent story!! Buckley in black flag? Wow, that's a surprise...and you were ahead of him when he came out. LMMFAO!!!! Excellent! Buckley is prolly one of the best Porsche racers in the country IMO.

My dojo is where I magnify my mojo.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:22 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

I am truely humbled. I genuflect in your direction while simultaneously farting in VR's direction. True multitasking.

As the Official Non-Member, I promise not to vote in any elections or stand on any committee's which may or may not exist, as I may or may not actually be a member - or non-member as it were.

And VR, the true humor is that even after spending time in the black flag station or pits or where ever he was, he still came out right on my tail. How F'ing slow was I going?!
Old 11-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Larry Herman
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

So now are you welcome as an official non-member, or is that officially welcome as a non-member, or maybe it's your official member that is non-welcome.

What the hell, just get HWFMR in your signature.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:42 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Larry Herman

What the hell, just get HWFMR in your signature.
I may or may not have added to my signature.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:10 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Bill, Now that you're officially not a member, if you make it to TWS Dec 1 & 2, find me at the end of the day on Saturday, & I'll have a martini ready for you!
Old 11-19-2007, 09:21 PM
trackjunky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mglobe
Bill, Now that you're officially not a member, if you make it to TWS Dec 1 & 2, find me at the end of the day on Saturday, & I'll have a martini ready for you!
Officially or unoffically?

Hey this is kind of neet. I can never disparage the team as I am offically a non-member. I can "pop off" at random and I can be disavowed like the Impossible Missions agents. It's kind of like being VR, but with a vasectomy.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:26 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by trackjunky
Officially or unoffically?

Hey this is kind of neet. I can never disparage the team as I am offically a non-member. I can "pop off" at random and I can be disavowed like the Impossible Missions agents. It's kind of like being VR, but with a vasectomy.

Careful now. One more of those, & you'll end up being a member.

Quick Reply: Why I will never be a member of HWFMR