Yet another one

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 09:57 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Yet another one

It been a struggle, but I finally have experience enough to ask to join this exclusive group. Here is my resume:

After three days at my first DE event, I showed my skill level to my instructor by spinning twice on the same lap. My instructor wanted my picture beside my car after the run. I am sure it was to show his friend what a good driver looks like.

I broke a dealer’s brand new demo Porsche after only one lap on the track. The clutch decided to go to the floor and the brakes just faded to black. I had to be towed back through the tarmac as my turncoat friends heckled me for breaking the GD thing. Cars just didn’t like me.

I have never felt out of control on a track, even the spins are so slow that I have time to enjoy the different views you have while going sideways and backwards. I have never had my car towed off of a track; I wouldn’t want my tow hook to get scratched. I have put enough aftermarket parts on my car that it is so adjustable that it can never be setup correctly. This insures the car never feels like the last run, insuring ever slower times.

I recently became an Instructor and now specialize teaching beginners how to line up their cars on the tarmac, much harder than it sounds. I was surprised that the Dentist didn’t have this level of instruction on his list. I hope you will consider my application, I feel I can contribute to the goal of this excellent group of racers in waiting. BTW, everyone always asks for pictures, so here are some pictures of a naval engineer that is more photogenic than I am. My picture comes out looking like a guy in a toga.
Attached Images    
Old 11-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, we are busy here!

VR, are you no longer manning the gates?
Old 11-02-2007, 10:07 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Its Friday night, I am sure he is asleep by now.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:11 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

uh yeah, ....rrrrrrright....
Old 11-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 864 Posts

Mmmm.....Milka....

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 02-20-2009 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

My car blew up at Mid Ohio(before Blowing up at Road Atlanta.) I road back with Alan Coleman in his 993 approx 3:00pm. Within the one hour drive to my house following the flat bed (thanks AAA) his half shaft came loose. The flat bed circled around picked us up drove us to my house and then took him back to get his car(screw him the copycat). I got home 30 minutes later than normal. The tow truck broke heading down to Cincinatti with Alan and his car and had to call two tow trucks. Did I mention it was Sunday and the driver also owned the towing company. I offered to get Alan but since I don't own a wrecker he declined(somehow this was my fault). He got home at 10:30 pm but got a free tow !
Man I love racing !
Old 11-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Gregg Lewis
My car blew up at Mid Ohio(before Blowing up at Road Atlanta.) I road back with Alan Coleman in his 993 approx 3:00pm. Within the one hour drive to my house following the flat bed (thanks AAA) his half shaft came loose. The flat bed circled around picked us up drove us to my house and then took him back to get his car(screw him the copycat). I got home 30 minutes later than normal. The tow truck broke heading down to Cincinatti with Alan and his car and had to call two tow trucks. Did I mention it was Sunday and the driver also owned the towing company. I offered to get Alan but since I don't own a wrecker he declined(somehow this was my fault). He got home at 10:30 pm but got a free tow !
Man I love racing !
OK, both cars might get in.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:54 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Bull
OK, both cars might get in.
I'd vote for the drivers of the tow-trucks.....???

Just my $0.000000002 <-probably worth less...

JD
Old 11-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by John D.

JD
Excellent point!
Old 11-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,673 Likes on 864 Posts

Originally Posted by John D.

JD
LMAO....
Old 11-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

What the heck is a surfin bird?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
"Surfin' Bird" is a song written[1] and performed by American surf rock band The Trashmen. It was released in 1963, along with an album of the same name, becoming popular in the Vietnam war era. Notably, it appears in the films Pink Flamingos and Full Metal Jacket, as well as the video game Battlefield Vietnam. The majority of the song's rapid fire lyrics are derived simply from the titles of two songs by Los Angeles R&B group The Rivingtons - Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow, itself a parody of doo wop from 1962, and The Bird Is The Word from 1963.

A surfin song by trashmen, from a band out of Minneapolis, that's funny. Well the song was in several movies, but the words....not many of them. And I did return my M16 after the war...or did I.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8vHrq39JCI
http://www.rockabillyeurope.com/lyrics4/s0130.htm
http://www.sundazed.com/audio/6064-1...d51b77a2de62f7
Attached Images  

Last edited by Bri Bro; 11-03-2007 at 11:29 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:25 PM
John D.
Banned

Don't worry about "surfin bird?" - as I have no idea either.....

Originally Posted by beab951
....so here are some pictures of a naval engineer that ......
But - what exactly is a navel engineer? Sounds sort of interesting...?? In a different kind of way???

Hope this helps with your application - but, don't get your hopes up - I doubt it will....

JD
Old 11-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

Thank John

I was posting because it looked like folks in this forum were having fun talking about cars and racing rather than the chest beating that often occurs. I am just having some fun.

The pictures are of Mika Duno, one of a handful of woman drivers who has competed in an Indy race. Her formal training is in Engineering and I would say is the most attractive of the group. A competitive group of gals to say the least.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mul...content.1.html
Old 11-03-2007, 06:53 PM
DaveM993
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Should we start doing background checks? If we get an IB ringer in here...it could upset the whole apple cart.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:32 PM
John D.
Banned

Originally Posted by beab951
....I was posting because it looked like folks in this forum were having fun ...
Brian,

I understand - but - please remember - going slow is VERY SERIOUS. This IS NOT FUN. Rather, given the serious nature of "going slow - and perfecting it to an art" is what HWFM is all about.. For example - when was the last time you saw a checkered flag in my windshield? Never... When did I run faster then the next guy? Never. (well - I don't run - in fact - I don't jog. Well really - I'm so old - I do not even walk fast..) Well that's not the point.... In fact - I have no point...

Hang - I had an A.D.D moment (it happens at my age - OK??)...

OK - so what was I was I saying???

All right - I'm back....

Waitaminute - where the heck did this post come from??????
https://rennlist.com/forums/hey-wait-for-me-racing-forum/389183-i-found-a-picture-of-me-as-a-little-boy.html

OK - back... Typing..... So - here is the deal - you get the two tow-truck drovers to endorse your application, fax me - and the other HWFM Members a beer (better be GOOD beer, though!) - I'll endorse your app....

I SAY "aye" to https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389183 ....

Opps - I say aye to "Brian" and his app....

NBCR (No Background Check Required)

That's my story - and I'm sticking to it...

JD

Quick Reply: Yet another one