The official HWFMR uninspired droving video thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 01:44 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mglobe
I'm not as dumb as I look (couldn't possibly be right?). I can see the race car, tires, engine rebuilds, brakes, suspension, droving suit, trailer, tow vehicle, in-car video, data tracking, storage for all of above, travel costs, ... Ok, so I'm barely on the slope, but I can pretty much see what's ahead.
You are right, you aren't. But, you missed one main part of the "slope"....that is the part where you continue to convert a street car; seats, harnesses, roll bar, suspension, wheels, R compound tires, even better suspension, etc., then decide that it just isn't going to ever be that real Factory race car that you really wanted all along....so, you sell the "street" car for way less than you have invested in it and then you buy that race car. You may pick up your list and continue from this point!

Speaking of being as dumb as one looks, I know a guy in NJ who did the above recently, and not for the first time in his long life! I do think it was done in a HWFMR style though.
Old 10-27-2007, 02:38 PM
jester911
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike if you do go with reclining seats make sure you get some with enough headroom for a helmet. Some seats have so much seat cushion they won't give you enough clearance without reclining it way back which then isn't the ideal seating position. No need to ask me how I know this.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jester911
Mike if you do go with reclining seats make sure you get some with enough headroom for a helmet. Some seats have so much seat cushion they won't give you enough clearance without reclining it way back which then isn't the ideal seating position. No need to ask me how I know this.
Yes Sir, I had to go with Kirky seats bolted to the floor, no slider, in my 993 C2S with sunroof.

Quick Reply: The official HWFMR uninspired droving video thread