Notices

Let's have a civil conversation about racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 04:26 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I was five seconds off of the class winners at the PCA club race at Watkins Glen. The difference between me and GR is that I have no intention of going pro, and I do not brag about how I am a better racer than anyone else. Racing is about so much more than driving. Being a good driver is just the entry fee. That doesn't mean you will necessarily do well in a w2w race. I personally have much to learn . . . BUT . . . that is the fun part. In the meantime, I only talk smack to people who know I am 100% joking . . .
Old 08-02-2007, 04:29 PM
GhettoRacer
A Banned 'Haiku Victim'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TD in DC
Yes, I was five seconds off of the class winners at the PCA club race at Watkins Glen. The difference between me and GR is that I have no intention of going pro, and I do not brag about how I am a better racer than anyone else. Racing is about so much more than driving. Being a good driver is just the entry fee. That doesn't mean you will necessarily do well in a w2w race. I personally have much to learn . . . BUT . . . that is the fun part. In the meantime, I only talk smack to people who know I am 100% joking . . .
Spoke like a true loser. I'm glad you recognize your lack of talent son. You will never make it.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:30 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

neener neener
Old 08-02-2007, 04:35 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My season has been fairly boring compared to the stories above, but I'm having a LOT of fun. All DEs, no racing for a number of reasons that I won't put you to sleep with.

Pocono North Course for the opener in early April, and was reminded that my new car has no heat! Summit Point in May for great days with the new car, and began to trust what it can do. Watkins Glen for a couple of days in June, then back to Pocono for three days with three different track configurations, North Course, Double Infield and the old IMSA Course. Then in July it was three days at Mosport, which is one of my favorite tracks. It was a blast with the new car, eh?

For the remainder of the Season it is Watkins Glen for three days in two weeks, then Summit Point in early September, Watkins Glen again in late September, Summit Point in October and the finale at VIR for three days in early November. I'm having a blast with the new car and always enjoy Instructing my friends at each track.

I might need to do a Winter event.......mmmm, Sebring?????
Old 08-02-2007, 04:38 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Just started racing PCA, but has tons of track time at Autobahn Country Club.

He's a talented drover, and since he was pressing me in his F car, I'm glad he went to the G car
He might be still be passing you though
Old 08-02-2007, 04:40 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Screw you and your smack talk! Just don't forget the single malt for VIR! I will have the cigars and a least one back-up bottle.....
Old 08-02-2007, 04:42 PM
Bull
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

neener neener
I can't tell you how great it is to see "message hidden because this user is on your owned list", followed by "neener, neener" every time GherbilRider tries to ruin our thread here on OUR FORUM!
Old 08-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,579 Likes on 825 Posts

Wow, two doubtlessly 100% predictable posts from GerbilRaper blocked.

Likely either or both contained (a) large volumes of 7th grade profanity, (b) numerous 7th grade references to homosexual acts, and (c) big butch over-compensating bravado.

Am I right or am I right?
Old 08-02-2007, 05:30 PM
LoanWolf
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor

Likely either or both contained (a) large volumes of 7th grade profanity, (b) numerous 7th grade references to homosexual acts, and (c) big butch over-compensating bravado.

I'd say you're right.

It's pretty funny when you think about it: Our village idiot effectively neutralized himself by first putting us on HIS ignore list, thereby making us put him on OUR individual ignore lists, and: POOF! he is gone...nothing more than a remote memory of some loudmouth clueless jerk who erased himself

I LIKE IT!
Old 08-02-2007, 05:35 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by 1957 356
He might be still be passing you though
Always a possibility.

Fred's a good driver. Part of Mike I's success was he had a great car and he's a great drover. (And a great guy as well)
Old 08-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

I'd say could be all of the above, but you are no doubt "right"
Old 08-02-2007, 05:54 PM
TD in DC
Race Director

I can almost bet that he insults people for being slower than he is, when, in fact, they are probably faster than he is. Of course, it is easy to brag about your skillz when they have never really been tested now, isn't it. Lot's of driving God's in DEs . . . .
Old 08-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,579 Likes on 825 Posts

A rude awakening is coming for GerbilRaper in about 6 weeks, if he even shows up.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I also predict he will cheat like mad, if he actually shows up, which I rate at at a 25% chance, at best. He'll put 55 lbs of pressure in the tires just before I go out, he'll **** with the shock settings, he'll jack with the swaybars, etc.
You're assuming he understands the effects of tire pressures and suspension settings on handling.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
Just started racing PCA, but has tons of track time at Autobahn Country Club.

He's a talented drover, and since he was pressing me in his F car, I'm glad he went to the G car
Are you talking about Shawn by any chance?

Quick Reply: Let's have a civil conversation about racing